View Full Version : 4agze crank pulley removal

bounceae86
20th May 2009, 06:49 PM
anybody have any wild ideas how to get the crank pulley of my 4agze? bolt is off but the pulley is just stuck on the keyway or something?? if i tap it with a hammer either side you can feels it shifting but it just dosnt want to come forward:cries:

todd
20th May 2009, 06:50 PM
buy a gear puller from your local tools store and it will do the job without damaging the keyway etc.

Hokey
20th May 2009, 07:22 PM
doesn't it have bolt holes on the pulley so you can make your own puller using some flat steel?

FAST EDDIE
20th May 2009, 08:45 PM
then wait till u get to the cam belt crank pulley.... uoooooh!!!

yoshimitsu9
20th May 2009, 10:00 PM
dont waste your money on a gear puller.

awsome old school trick i learned, turn the motor to tdc then turn it over a tiny bit more, pull out spark plug number 1m grab some twine or thin rope and feed in as much as the cylinder will take. turn the motor back to around tdc and it wont move any more

undo the bolt with the largest breaker bar you can make/find

bounceae86
20th May 2009, 10:24 PM
dont waste your money on a gear puller.

awsome old school trick i learned, turn the motor to tdc then turn it over a tiny bit more, pull out spark plug number 1m grab some twine or thin rope and feed in as much as the cylinder will take. turn the motor back to around tdc and it wont move any more

undo the bolt with the largest breaker bar you can make/find

i have the bolt off its the pully wont come off now,i used a rachcet on the flywheel bolts to stop the engine rotating..but its a 2 man job

Nikkojoe
20th May 2009, 11:50 PM
You can buy harmonic balancer remover tools. They are a universal fit and use a pretty standard thread. Even a steering wheel remover tool works :P