PDA

View Full Version : 4agze problems

drew86
15th September 2008, 10:33 PM
hey

ive got a few issues with my 4agze in my 86 and im hoping someone can help because im stumped

ok here is the background
the motor is a 4agze afm with coils the super charger is a sc14 has a front mount and using a 4age throttle body.
now to the problem when i go to start the car it will turn over but not start then there is a loud noise of air pressure being released.
ive done all the simple checks like spark, timing and fuel i have also checked the afm and used another one i had to make sure it was not the problem
here is a video of what it sounds like when it starts

video (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RFIQ82sjn_E)
any help or things i could try would be great

cheers

Sprinter86
15th September 2008, 11:10 PM
I know youve said your checked timing, but from what i can tell from the vid, it sounds very out of time.
have you had the motor apart/head off? one or both of the exhaust cams may be 180 degrees out, ive seen this before, and it acted very similar.
just a thought, hard to diagnose without havin a good look! =P

ae86-matt
15th September 2008, 11:12 PM
Maybe u just fail at building sprinters drew???

drew86
15th September 2008, 11:19 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (ae86-matt @ Sep 15 2008, 11:12 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=588703)</div>
Maybe u just fail at building sprinters drew???[/b]

yeah thats y im building yours for you and your always asking me questions

drew86
15th September 2008, 11:21 PM
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (sprinter86 @ Sep 15 2008, 11:10 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}> (index.php?act=findpost&pid=588701)</div>
I know youve said your checked timing, but from what i can tell from the vid, it sounds very out of time.
have you had the motor apart/head off? one or both of the exhaust cams may be 180 degrees out, ive seen this before, and it acted very similar.
just a thought, hard to diagnose without havin a good look! =P[/b]

yeah timing is fine never had the head or cams out the car has been running like this for over a year with no problem i basically parked it came back a week later and no start

Nikkojoe
16th September 2008, 01:21 AM
Sounds timing related, like its 180deg out of phase.

I know you have checked spark, but check leads, earths, reset cas etc.

Check also if there is power to injectors and if the ecu is getting power to it.