PDA

View Full Version : Crank angle sensors

Harrison
24th September 2008, 09:31 PM
Hey guys, i have a 4agte the turbo conversion was done to a 4agze so im assuming i have a 4agze CAS, the ECU is a haltech e8, currently on the dyno the car revs till 5,000 rpm then goes skitzo looses tacho feed and thinks its reving to 16,000-18,000 rpm all over the shot. The haltech has a limp mode of some kind and is chucking the limiter in so as soon as it hits 5k rpm, its pretty straight forward weyve diagnosed the CAS, so i bought a CAS thinking it was the right one, the CAS had different pin/plug setup so im assuming it may be from an ae111 or ae92 something like that but no matter its the wrong one.

Had an auto electrician wire it up and it wont work its not supplying a tacho feed to the ecu, so the workshop has assumed that this CAS is also faulty, now i dont have too many options as i cant find another one and if i do i want to get the right one for my engine!, the workshop has said they may be able to rebuild the old one assuming they can get the pickups and relays, on the old CAS one of the pickups was broken so it was faulty, but yea not sure where to go? if i knew what exact CAS was originaly on my engine would be good or if you cant wire other CAS up at all, and if you can rebuild the CAS's???? help :unsure: im new to hachis so any help would be great

Harrison
25th September 2008, 01:05 AM
anything?

Nikkojoe
25th September 2008, 01:49 AM
3rd person I know who is having issues with haltech and 4age cas. People try different cas's to no avail, its the ecu making the problems.

As said, all 4agze cas's (im running an ae92 afm cas on ae101 management) are the same.

Check ToySprinta's (http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/board/index.php?showtopic=534&st=90) members ride thread, and the issues he had. He ended up going autronic.

Btw, i noticed your car sounded fucked at the practise, sounded like a 5000rpm limiter lol

Harrison
25th September 2008, 01:59 AM
mmm the car is jason greenwoods old car and hes had it running ok for a while the cas actually broke but yea the new cas didnt work after they re wired it, but ive been searching abit and spoke to jason theres a certain way the cas has to be wired up, 3 wires are used the 4th is disregarded, one for trigger, one for earth and one for ecu...i think, i wouldnt be suprised if the workshop has it wrong personally because the loom is custom wired to the ecu,

sprintdaddy
26th September 2008, 12:45 PM
Sounds like you need to find a better workshop mate, i have a gze with turbo in my 86, i`m running a e6s haltech (came with the car) with just a distributor for ignition and it works great, from what i have read in books and on the internet i have concluded that running a cas and separate coils on plug leads is a questionable performance upgrade and expensive, something to think about.