PDA

View Full Version : Bigport ignitor HELP! (pics)

jaydos
22nd June 2011, 08:50 PM
Car - Ke70

motor - 4age bigport

use - drift

problem - Ignitor wiring

occurs/started when - Have never had it running this is how i recieved loom

Hey guys,
I have searched everywhere but haven't found the exact answer i was chasing. I received a bit of a hacked up loom, and got everything together so far but come to ignitor im stumped.

Out of the 4 wires that go to the ignitor i know that the black /orange is the +ve and also goes to 12v ignition, also the black/yellow and red trace is uncut. However there are 2 wired both black/red trace which i am stumped there are 2 black lines on one connecter so im guessing this was connected at one stage, but where does the other go?

Thanks and sorry in advance
Jaidyn

jaydos
22nd June 2011, 08:53 PM
For the labels in the pic:

Blue- ? black/red
Red- +12ve? black/orange
Brown- black/red with two lines on connector
Green- Uncut wire so i know this is correct

Thanks heaps any help will be appreceiated

Skylar
22nd June 2011, 09:54 PM
Those ignitors have 5 wires.

12v in/B+
coil ground/C or Coil
IGt (goes to ECU)
IGf (goes to ECU)
tach/ext

Find the wire colours on club4ag. Connect them up?

jaydos
23rd June 2011, 11:21 AM
Ive got the ECU pinouts and it only has the two wires labelled for ignitor, i beleive i have IGf and IGt all sorted and also the 12v+ i have one wire left on the plug its th black with red trace is this a ground? and is the ground a body ground or on the ecu grounded wires.

Thanks

jaydos
23rd June 2011, 02:00 PM
BUMP

Skylar
23rd June 2011, 04:00 PM
Think about it man. Out of the 5 wires, four will come out of he coil/ignitor area to the harness. I've already told you what they do and you've figured out what three of them do.

Anyway, leave it disconnected. You shouldn't need it as long as you hook up the factory tach wire.

jaydos
24th June 2011, 02:40 PM
Okay got it all now thanks for that