PDA

View Full Version : 20v 4age vct solenoid blank off

pen15
25th June 2011, 09:06 PM
hey all just looking for some pics or ideas on how to blank off the old vct solenoid does any company out there make it or do you have to make it is there something i have to look out for when making a plug?

cheers
mat

Sam-Q
25th June 2011, 09:42 PM
there isn't a port into the side of the head, it's purely bolted there out of convenience. Put the thing off and plug the hoses

pen15
26th June 2011, 09:08 AM
hold on what are you talking about im talking about the solenoid at the front of the motor near where the dizzy is on a 16v head there is a small solenoid that controls the vct on the 20v

FoldKing86
26th June 2011, 10:44 AM
You mean the VTI solenoid??

Sam-Q
26th June 2011, 11:18 AM
ah a VVT solenoid cancelling plug, I should make those

pen15
26th June 2011, 12:17 PM
You mean the VTI solenoid??

vti doesn't make any sense

ah a VVT solenoid cancelling plug, I should make those

and yeah that one im not sure if there is anything to look out for i only breifley looked at it but ill have another look soon as i know there is about 3 oil galleries leading in there and if just covered over say good by to the cam shafts so i was just thinking if you can just put a cut down alloy bar in there i was just going to turn down some with .001 interference and some locktight and insert then make a little bracket to hold it all together but the only thing i was worried about was that maby 2 oil galleries have to meet somewhere

cheers
mat

Sam-Q
26th June 2011, 12:43 PM
no the whole point is so they don't meet, one channel is from the main supply of the head and the other goes to the VVT solenoid. I would just use the original O rings size over making it a non removable inteference fit.