PDA

View Full Version : Shak Garage Under Car Surge

KurtHS
26th June 2011, 07:29 PM
Hey since I can't find Aarons (ae71) original thread on the 86/KE under car surge tanks because I think it was deleted I'm starting a new one to ask...

If anyone bought one of these and more specifically a Ke70 one, where have you mounted it? Maybe I'm an absolute retard, maybe it's hard to find the spot, maybe I need to take the tank out first or maybe someone can tell me.

johl
26th June 2011, 07:42 PM
Yes I think I remember reading that you take out the tank and it sits just above it on the front side.

Pretty sure if you google image ke70 surge tank there are pics there of someone using the same tank

KurtHS
26th June 2011, 09:01 PM
You don't have a link do ya? Couldn't find it but I was looking via my phone so not as thorough as comp.

Cerby86
27th June 2011, 02:18 PM
its held up by the bolts that hold up your main tank. Like the two straps which wrap round it then are bolted to the body. there are two holes on the surge tank and they go on those two bolts. It only fits on one way so its impossible to mix up.
I'll be interested to hear how you go with your install, I had a heap of trouble getting the larger fitting for the efi pump to go in right cos theres a flat steel plate covering it. I get the fitting screwed in but then I can't get at the hose clamp cos of the flat steel. But if i go the other way and get the hose clamp done up right then I can't do up the fitting right. Hence I have had a bit of leak for a long time. I'm actually about to try using some earl style fittings and see if they are better!!

lanky101
27th June 2011, 11:24 PM
I just put my ae86 one in and had the same troubles with the main outlet... But yes, can only go in one way, have fun getting it in with the lines to and from the tank hooked up if your doing it on the ground...