PDA

View Full Version : Help Install 40mm RCA's

Shitbox
10th July 2011, 02:12 PM
Hey is there anyone around the western suburbs who know how to fit 40mm rcas as I tried and failed last time I tried plus I have no tools atm my number is 0412038312 if im not on here.

Thanks

stahlz_ae86
10th July 2011, 04:37 PM
When you come get that conversion plate we'll give it a crack. Come next weekend maybe? Surely it can't be that tricky...

Shitbox
10th July 2011, 06:32 PM
cheers Paul ive been meaning to come down but the car is in bad condition don't really trust it to go out your way keeps overheating and its running on 3 cylinders...

Panda BVB700
10th July 2011, 08:41 PM
if you need a hand ray let me know should be able to give you a hand next weekend

Sam-Q
11th July 2011, 01:15 AM
theres a good trick to putting those in that involves a long bar/pole, makes it so easy

sundee
11th July 2011, 01:32 AM
just take off the castor rod.. then its easy

Sam-Q
11th July 2011, 01:46 AM
nah that's too much work, do the bar trick,

ok here it is: get any long stiff bar or even a wood board and put it over your castor rod and stick the end just under the edge of the crossmember. Then with one leg on the bar the whole bottom arm will swing down with the leverage, this will keep your hands free to do whatever you want in installing your parts.

ae86
11th July 2011, 08:44 AM
a pole/bar ? i remember just putting a jack under the strut and jacking it up many times on lots of cars gives it lots of room to get in there then using plank of wood on castor rod as sam said since i only do work on my own

Sam-Q
11th July 2011, 11:18 AM
yeah sure, would you guys like a picture?

it should only take me a few minutes to get the bottom of a strut undone

willa
11th July 2011, 11:45 AM
a pole/bar ? i remember just putting a jack under the strut and jacking it up many times on lots of cars gives it lots of room to get in there then using plank of wood on castor rod as sam said since i only do work on my own

Haha fuck yeh I've done the jack trick, wouldn't recommend it though as it can get loose as haha.

Shitbox
11th July 2011, 12:13 PM
Thanks for the tips everyone I tried the bar trick but I felt that it was gonna break something ill try give it another shot tonight so I can get my wheel alignment done if not brenton said he will swing past during the week and lend a hand

blair
11th July 2011, 04:02 PM
hahahah +2 for the jack under strut method... shit gets hairy as!

Shitbox
12th July 2011, 12:02 AM
Got them in was actually pretty easy when I used the pole I must have been doing it like a retard last time I tried -_-
but also had a mate help out aswell.