PDA

View Full Version : ke70 sr20de conversion. NEED INFO!!!!

stix
23rd July 2011, 11:25 AM
Hey,
so right now I've got an 83' ke70 flat front with a 4kc reppin 270xxx k's. So far its got all the basic cosmetic shit, wheels, gloss black, fender mirrors, exhaust...... Simple shit.
Unfortunatly its auto, so I was gonna do a manual conversion but now I'm thinking I may as well go sr20 conversion and make that manual.
questions are:
How much will the whole thing cost in parts?

Its registered and I plan to use it as a daily Streeter and I'm on my p's so I want to keep it registered for a long time to come. What are the repercussions of the conversion and how do I go about making it Legal ?

Help would be great, I've been reading heaps of threads but not many answer these questions
Cheers

stix
23rd July 2011, 11:27 AM
Non turbo btw.... Sr20de....

stix
23rd July 2011, 11:50 AM
Or do I need to go 4age to make it Legal?
What's the price and power difference between 16v and 20v?

johl
23rd July 2011, 12:30 PM
As a p plater engine conversions are illegal. There is some conjecture about whether or not you can legally put a 4age in an 86 as imports came with this engine but the oz delivered ones didn't. But a ke70 didn't come with this at all so in my mind you
Cannot do any engine conversion legally.

Sam-Q
23rd July 2011, 01:18 PM
stix, have a look in the technical index and theres sr20 conversions under the engine section. Post in there if you could please