PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my set up

Kamikaze
23rd May 2009, 06:53 PM
Hi

I am having a problem about my suspension setup

My Problems:
1) My car rear end is about 1"-2" lower than Front End, so it looks really stupid.
2) I couldnt lower the front end much lower, because Fr tyres hit inner guard when I turn during my car bounce.

This is my set-up:
195/55/R15 on 15"x7" +10 offset wheel
Tokico Hts
TRD Springs F 6kg R 4.5kg
No coil-over

What I did was:
1) Put all in, but i didnt use coil-over strut casing, because I didnt want to abandon my Front 6Kg springs.
2) Caster & Camber are adjusted for a fine clearance, but the front still hit

Now, what should i do?
Get coil-over kits & lower the front end to match the rear end?
Will I need to get a new coil spring for it??

Any suggestion guys?

Hen may possibly be a nut
24th May 2009, 04:29 AM
If you mean your front tyres hit the plastic inner guard, then just pull it out.

However you have no adjustment for your ride height with your current setup. You'll have to either get higher rear springs or lower front springs to even things out.

Hen

Sam-Q
24th May 2009, 03:33 PM
there is also a steel lip on the inside gaurd facing towards the front of the car that can be bashed down for more room. Where is it rubbing exactly?

Kamikaze
25th May 2009, 02:36 AM
the first contact would be an inner plastic like Hen said, but I not sure if it actually hit side fender (metal part).

I'll try to pull the plastic off first & check out that steel lip.

Are Fr & Rr TRD springs match ride height equally? or we really need to used coil-over adjustment to match it? I thought they are suppose to be...

Thanks Hen & SamQ

Golberg
25th May 2009, 02:43 PM
Your tyre profile is a bit thick too for a sprinter.

You'd be better off with a 195/50/R15.

Sam-Q
25th May 2009, 04:49 PM
you might also be having the gaurd rub where the gaurd meets the bumper. This is why most sprinters have a cable tie there; its so they can get rid of that metal and plastic lip with the screw through the middle.

Kamikaze
26th May 2009, 12:45 AM
Oh!! thats another easy way, isnt it....

Cheers guys

marvis
26th May 2009, 01:05 AM
Let us know how it goes!

marvis.