PDA

View Full Version : 212mm clutch question

trikzlane
31st July 2011, 12:39 AM
hey guys and girls(unlikely haha), i have just got a 20v lightened flywheel for my 4agze.
question is,
i am getting an Excedy button clutch, what i need to know is do i order a clutch for a ae92 4age (smallport) or a ae101/111 20v (dont think it will really matter as they are bother 212mm clutches), and also most IMPORTANTLY, will the spline in the clutch disc for either of those fit a t50 input shaft?

H8CHIR6KU
31st July 2011, 01:36 AM
the spline will fit for both. the only difference when you order the clutches will be the throw out bearing.
other than that the clutch kits are the same. aslong as they are the same size clutches.

if you read an exedy book (or maybe the website) they break down the parts that you get in the kit. they also give you measurements on what splines the clutch disc has etc. the other cool thing about the exedy book ('07) is it has a picture of how not to bed your clutch in. the picture is ueo drifting in his 86
they also tell you what spigot bearing your supposed to use.

the only thing that gets me with exedy aus, is that you only get the plate, clutch and throwout bearing in the kit.
all the exedy clutches i have gotten from america and japan come with the spigot bearing/bush and also a little plastic clutch aligning tool.

timbo
31st July 2011, 12:42 PM
Yeah the spline will fit, I just got a new 200mm clutch plate in my rebuild from NPC. Also have a clutch aligning tool if you want to borrow it Mereki.

Sam-Q
31st July 2011, 01:33 PM
how do I get an exedy book?

H8CHIR6KU
31st July 2011, 03:10 PM
i got mine from a trade show. they were handing them out like candy.

you could try emailing them

Cerby86
31st July 2011, 06:04 PM
i ordered an ae93/ae92 with 4age kit then i asked them to swap the throwout for an ae71 one. This was at bursons and they were happy to do that!

Vaughn
31st July 2011, 08:02 PM
had the same problem with mine, i just went into car bitz and they sorted it all out :)

Sam-Q
1st August 2011, 02:20 AM
i got mine from a trade show. they were handing them out like candy.

you could try emailing them

I will thanks