PDA

View Full Version : Accelerator cable lengths?

stalker
31st July 2011, 06:35 PM
Car - AE85 Levin

motor - 7AGE

use - Daily

problem - My accelerator cable wont fit lol.

Sorry if this has been answered before (hard searching with oily hands, while under the car, on a iph lol) but does anyone know what the length is of an ae86 acceleration cable?? And how much longer is it from an ae85 cable??

Cheers all
:cool:

timbo
31st July 2011, 07:31 PM
Not sure but mine broke and I used a cable from a 4e Paseo. Fits quite well.

Stain
31st July 2011, 07:34 PM
Just to find yourself a KE70 cable. Pretty easy to get at wreckers or even buy new on ebay from China. They're a bit too long for a standard 4AGE intake setup, but better than too short :P

Sam-Q
31st July 2011, 08:16 PM
Car - AE85 Levin

motor - 7AGE

use - Daily

problem - My accelerator cable wont fit lol.

Sorry if this has been answered before (hard searching with oily hands, while under the car, on a iph lol) but does anyone know what the length is of an ae86 acceleration cable?? And how much longer is it from an ae85 cable??

Cheers all
:cool:

which head?

Vaughn
31st July 2011, 08:21 PM
Im using one off a KE on my blacktop and it seems to be working fine, bit long but does the job

stalker
31st July 2011, 09:39 PM
Ah sorry, its a small port head...but im running ITB's, and the throttle linkage is mounted under the middle of the plenum so a 16v one (I'm guessing) will be too long as are 16v ones at the front of the engine? , but hoping it will only just be too long, and I can make it work if I can find out the length lol.

A very rough measure (using elec wire at the end of the current cable) would be 19cm longer than the standard 85 cable

ke70dave
2nd August 2011, 06:33 PM
the ke70 cable works, but its far to long, and over time binds up.

grab that paseo one, or one of the early 90's EFI starlets, work good too.

edit, the starlet uses the 4efe motor as well, so its the same cable as timbo is talking about.

stalker
3rd August 2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks guys!
I ended up raiding pick-a-part here in NZ (car wreckers that you walk in and get your own parts out of the cars) and grabbed a early 90's celica cable and that seems to work mint!
:)

Got the 7AGE running tonight...best thing I have ever done!! Soooo much fun!! lol

Sam-Q
3rd August 2011, 01:11 AM
might you have an idea what model engine or celica it was specificly? to help others you see.

BTW cute avatar pic

stalker
3rd August 2011, 01:15 AM
Yea cool cool....just trying to google the model, totally slipped my mind what its called lol

Hahah thank you. shes (one of) my babies :)

stalker
3rd August 2011, 01:19 AM
Car I got it from is an Toyota Celica, about a 1992 shape, Known as an ST185.
Had the 3SGE engine in it.

It is very long, but the length was perfect for been able to bend it around to meet up with the throttle without bending it too tightly to cause it to stick.
I will take some pics and put up a project thread once I get some time in the next week or so
:)

Sam-Q
3rd August 2011, 01:22 AM
ok that's good thanks, just the sort of info we need on here. Pictures are appreciated

We also have auto places like that here, we call them self serve wreckers.

I will make this thread feature in the technical index for future reference