PDA

View Full Version : easiest way to lower a ke70 wagon

thekid
24th May 2009, 11:13 PM
wats the easiest way the lower a ke70 wagon unshore cos thay have leaf springs

blinded
24th May 2009, 11:28 PM
Fill the back with heaps of bricks. Also, bags of cement works too.

Or you could get lowering blocks or have the leaves reset/flipped.

thekid
25th May 2009, 12:02 AM
r lowering blocks expensive

Sam-Q
25th May 2009, 01:08 AM
no, are you in vic I can make you some?

Clinton
25th May 2009, 01:33 AM
flipping the leaf springs would be the easiest way.

Dylan
25th May 2009, 08:28 AM
lowering blocks shouldnt cost more than around 50 dollars

Sam-Q
25th May 2009, 09:51 AM
I must not have been thinking straight yesterday, I have a Ke70 wagon in my front yard that I can use as a template, I could make up a big pile of them for whoever was interested.

matt99
25th May 2009, 11:26 AM
For the record, not ALL of the leafs can be flipped, the bottom one (which becomes the top) hits the leaf mounts. You could possibly grind this away though.

You can however flip one or two leafs from your leaf pack. Or if you manage to find a longer sender pin that fits the hole, you can add a leaf.

Depending on your use of the car, I would be aware of what blocks can do to your car. If its a daily car that may see a bit of rain every now and then, then by all means lowering blocks are a cheap an easy alternative. However if you intend on drifting it properly, blocks can cause lots of unwanted axle tramp.

Resesting the leafs is also another option as mentioned.

You could akways do what I did and find some hillbilly to make you some awesome low and stiff leafs from scratch. It will cost you though.

As for the front, just read around the forum and lower the same way as any other KE/AE driver has lwered theres depending on your cars main use.

matt99
25th May 2009, 11:45 AM
What? The whole leaf pack in a KE can be flipped?

When I did it, the bottom leaf (which becomes the top) would hit the front mount on the body of the car. So much so that it wouldnt go up high enough for the holes to line up.

bigdaddykane
25th May 2009, 12:48 PM
What? The whole leaf pack in a KE can be flipped?

When I did it, the bottom leaf (which becomes the top) would hit the front mount on the body of the car. So much so that it wouldnt go up high enough for the holes to line up.

maybe something was bent or out of shape ive seen ke70 ones all fliped before. lowering blocks are ok but i find it makes the rear end feel a bit shitty

thekid
25th May 2009, 05:35 PM
so just flip them then and im in sa

thekid
25th May 2009, 05:38 PM
cut and flip is the easiest way

not the best way
how do u cut and flip them

*E7*
25th May 2009, 08:45 PM
cut=front

flip=rear

matt99
25th May 2009, 08:46 PM
He means cut the front springs and flip the rear leafs.

Or you could just do what I did and magically convert to S13 coilovers front and rear.

*E7*
25th May 2009, 08:46 PM
a hilux or landcruiser leaf can also add stiffness to a flipped pack.

thekid
25th May 2009, 09:46 PM
ok thank u for the help