PDA

View Full Version : Opinions/Ideas.

Deeken
13th August 2011, 02:57 AM
Hey guys, most of you reading this have probably seen me posting everywhere trying to find a smallport/20v crank.. HJ60 gave me some wreckers to ring in sydney he knew had some ae92's wrecking. A place I rang said they wouldnt "pull the engine down that far" and that they would sell me the bottom end for $250.. Thats a pre schweet deal, but I have a 3rib and a 7rib block sitting in my garage right now, with a full RWD set up..

Also, this bottom end is down in sydney, and I'm in Port Macquarie (4 hours north).. which = freight.. and upon getting it up here, I still wouldn't know what condition the crank was in until I pull it out and get it checked..

Should I take the chance, buy this bottom end and get it sent up here and hope? or look at possibly sorting something out with someone that may want a block?? I could pay for part of the bottom end to pay for the crank and the person could keep the block lol..?

Just thoughts.. confused and don't know what to do. I m n00b in karz.

Deeken.

Matt
13th August 2011, 07:00 AM
I feel your pain, had same problem when looking for a 7a crank. Spun bearings are the most common issue with these engines and that destroys the crank if left too long. Pm me if you want me to see what I can get a new crank from Toyota for. Either way if you go with the block postage shouldn't be too bad if the wrecker has an account with a courier.

slydar
13th August 2011, 09:05 AM
if you damaged a crank in a production engine. basically you are up for a new motor. thats just how it is. the rest of the bottom end s worth nothing. so i wouldnt expect to be able to just buy a crank.

the small port engine is probably going to be ok. 2/350 (including the freight) isnt bad. you might get say $50 for the pistons. and maybe that for the oil pump.

ow much were you realistically expecting a crank to cost you? remember is is the most expensive part of the engine and the part that gets damaged the easiest.

jakel
13th August 2011, 12:47 PM
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/4340-EN24-Billet-Toyota-4AG-4AGE-crankshaft-Crank-/400173225031?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item5d2c2ed447 This too much? haha.

Deeken
16th August 2011, 06:33 PM
Jakel, yeah that's a bit much hahaha, I really didn't know how much a crank was worth..? As no one was ever selling one.. finally found one atm.. talking to the guy about it.. he is happy with $150 + postage to me so I'm pretty happy with that..