PDA

View Full Version : 4agze into my ae86

Sprintn
14th August 2011, 04:28 PM
Hi all just wondering if anyone can tell me how hard its gonna be to put a 4agze engine in my 86, my 86 currently has the N/A 4age in it and i was told it will be simple, the guy i bought the engine off i also bought the 86 off him, he said he set up the 4agze to bolt straight and done all the hard work but never got around to putting it in, so now i just wanna confirm that.. Cheers in advanced

Tim.duncan
14th August 2011, 04:41 PM
you will need to turn the throttle body inlet 180deg (research changing to a 60mm as the standard 45mm is very restrictive at high rpm)
custom out let for supercharger
custom piping for front mount inter cooler (standard top mount is yucky)
will need to lengthen the wiring loom
sort out your water system, get a thermostat housing off a FWD 4age and adapt that to work

the motor will bolt up to the standard t-50 gear box (get another t 50 as spare because you WILL brake it)
standard engine mounts bolt up

there is loads of info on doing this so punch it into google and start reading

highly recommend 14psi pully, ecu and tune!
good fun little motor, bulk toque down low and the super charger whine is a great sound i could never get enough of

Tim.duncan
14th August 2011, 04:43 PM
ywgXQoILiAk

Sam-Q
14th August 2011, 06:10 PM
this is the first time in quite a long while that someone has asked about 4agze conversion, the supply of them has really dried up so maybe that's why there is a lack of interest.

Tim.duncan
14th August 2011, 06:51 PM
Also need to cut of one corner/mounting hole on the supercharger bracket, as it will stop you from mounting the rwd engine mount.
They are great but about as attractive as a baby sloth! When in rwd configuration
You can try and make them look neat but there is just pipes and manifolds and brackets everywhere

Sprintn
14th August 2011, 07:31 PM
you will need to turn the throttle body inlet 180deg (research changing to a 60mm as the standard 45mm is very restrictive at high rpm)custom out let for superchargercustom piping for front mount inter cooler (standard top mount is yucky)will need to lengthen the wiring loom sort out your water system, get a thermostat housing off a FWD 4age and adapt that to workthe motor will bolt up to the standard t-50 gear box (get another t 50 as spare because you WILL brake it)standard engine mounts bolt upthere is loads of info on doing this so punch it into google and start readinghighly recommend 14psi pully, ecu and tune! good fun little motor, bulk toque down low and the super charger whine is a great sound i could never get enough of Sweet as hopefully it doesnt give is too much trouble...

Sprintn
14th August 2011, 07:43 PM
Also can I use the loom off the 4age thats currently in there?

Tim.duncan
14th August 2011, 07:59 PM
no you will have to use the ze loom and lengthen it

Sprintn
14th August 2011, 09:15 PM
Ok thanks heaps

s3phro
14th August 2011, 09:29 PM
It's a pretty simple swap really once you've got the supercharger outlet pointing the right way for your front mount, the wiring loom was pretty easy in my conversion but if you can afford it i'd deffinately look into an aftermarket ecu..

Saves so much time!

Sprintn
15th August 2011, 03:28 PM
Yeh might have to look into getting one of those those thanks

Sprintn
19th August 2011, 11:12 AM
Hopefully we do alright without the aftermarket ecu, thanks

s3phro
19th August 2011, 07:46 PM
It's easy enough to do, flick me a pm if you have any questions and I might be able to help you out :)

john84ie
19th August 2011, 07:49 PM
do you guys find much difference between bigport and smallport gze's?

Sprintn
19th August 2011, 08:48 PM
Thanks man Ill let you when im stuck :) and to be honest I dont even know the difference between bigport and smallport lol

Tim.duncan
19th August 2011, 10:03 PM
the major advantage with the small port is the oil squirters keeping the pistons cooler when running more boost. and i think they are slightly higher compression
also they run a smaller supercharger pulley standard so they make more boost stock. Map over AFM also which i prefer

but in my mind when it comes to forced induction it makes the differences between the head designs fairly blurry. compared to NA

if you have the choice get the small port! they are a better set up

Sprintn
20th August 2011, 02:59 AM
Can anyone tell me if I can use the 4age loom on the gze?

Skylar
20th August 2011, 03:57 AM
You can but the pinout won't match the gze ecu and ge loom will be missing the supercharger relay. Later model gze got waste spark coil packs and ge only ever got single coil so you'll have to add that too.

Can hack up a ge loom and add wires to run on aftermarket ecu and that's the only way I'd run a ge loom on gze, pretty much to get the connectors off the harness.

Sprintn
21st August 2011, 12:49 PM
Thanks mate nearly done just about to drop the engine in then its time for the wiring fun fun

Sprintn
21st August 2011, 06:54 PM
The motor seems like its not going to fit, can anyone tell me if im tripping?

Skylar
21st August 2011, 06:57 PM
It fits, many people have done it before.

What's the problem.

Tim.duncan
22nd August 2011, 12:10 AM
is the gear box connected as your trying to put the motor in? if so it will fit.... JUST!

other wise you can pretty much chuck it in from the other side of the room

Sprintn
22nd August 2011, 01:28 AM
Motor is in I was trippin lol, now the problem is that cranks over but not getting spark, and I have 2 fuse boxes one came with the gze loom and the other one is in the car didnt come out with the 4age loom, any help is very much appreciated