PDA

View Full Version : Engine Machining Costs in Sydney - 7A Block, 20v Blacktop head

Matt
24th August 2011, 07:27 PM
MOTOR - 7a Block, 20v blacktop head + Quads etc, Ross Pistons, Custom Rods, T28 Turbo
USE - Fun

PROBLEM/QUESTION

Just wondering if anyone can recommned a machining workshop within Sydney that can prep my block, crank and head for a rebuild. I'm looking for a shop who can do good work, but not one who has a massive reputation that you are paying stupidly high prices because they have a massive backlog of work and everyone is using them.

I'm not chasing massive power, and anywhere around the 180 - 200kw mark i'd be happy with, and believe with the right rod / piston combo, uprated valve springs, decent manifold / plenum etc. it'll be easily achieved.

I've got no idea of what prices are, but i've budgeted around $1k for the machine work and won't be doing it for about 3 months, but thought it'd be good to get a few workshop recomendations now and an idea of what I should be paying for the work.

At this stage i've got the gasket kit, oil pump, block, head, quads, exh manifold + dump, inlet plenum + FMIC setup.

lolwat
24th August 2011, 11:24 PM
Pm pen15