PDA

View Full Version : Wakefeild drift matsuri!!

thr55t
30th August 2011, 06:03 PM
$200 for two days driving!Anyone thinking of going?Ill be there for sure.
Here's a cut and paste from the raceline site...

NSW 2 DAY DRIFT MATSURI--- Sat Nov 26 & Sun Nov 27
Open to all PRO---Level 2----Street/amateur drifters
2 TRACKS RUNNING NON STOP--

Running the long track & the short track at the same time.
also sessions on the final turn leading onto the main strait

SPECIAL FEATURE SHOW SUNDAY from 1pm to 2.pm
16 car "PRO DRIFT ALL STARS" KNOCKOUT +

Passenger ride sessions

sign in from 3pm friday & 7am saturday
Track time 1 1/2hrs friday---8hrs sat---7hrs sun
Total track time over 16hrs

ON SITE CAMPING AVAILABLE
WEEKEND BUDDY PASSES AVAILABLE
TRADE BOOKINGS ph 07 55 378255
LOCK UP & OPEN GARAGES can be booked
Tyre changer avail

PRE ENTRY ONLY
ENTRIES at www.racelineevents.com entry form page

2DAYS----2 TRACKS---NO POLITICS---JUST NON STOP DRIFTIN

70rolla
30th August 2011, 08:44 PM
zoooooooooooooooooooooooommmmmmmmmmmgggggggggggggg ggggg fuck yes need to get 4age in

Sorry_Afk
30th August 2011, 09:27 PM
fuck yeeeah

matt99
30th August 2011, 09:47 PM
Defiantly keen.

ae8zn6
31st August 2011, 02:48 AM
wow... even close to home...

maxhag
31st August 2011, 04:58 AM
Can beginners enter?
Or is this for good drifters only?

thr55t
31st August 2011, 09:17 PM
Should be great for beginners lots of track time to get your skills down.

pen15
1st September 2011, 06:29 PM
i called them up today to book and spots are filling up fast

evil86
1st September 2011, 09:11 PM
will be spectating for sure!!!

sotiros86
2nd September 2011, 02:54 PM
Why spectate? Drive instead :)

Just booked now, should be epic

sundee
2nd September 2011, 03:45 PM
just booked then! yeww, splerged on a $20 open garage 2. dont break the bank

sundee
6th September 2011, 11:20 AM
thought this would have got alot more hype, spoke to Ian from raceline, top bloke, anyway you can camp right next to your rig, bring a bbq and some beers.. whos going from syd?

Rice86
6th September 2011, 02:50 PM
most likely will be spectating for a weekend day

pen15
6th September 2011, 05:51 PM
thought this would have got alot more hype, spoke to Ian from raceline, top bloke, anyway you can camp right next to your rig, bring a bbq and some beers.. whos going from syd?

mind if i share your garage? to change wheels and store some shit i will be camping if other plans done go through

cheers

meadan
6th September 2011, 06:26 PM
Will most probably come down to spectate either way.

But If I can get my car done early enough to still book a spot Ill be there for sure!

spiderman
6th September 2011, 07:27 PM
WHAT
I'm in. Maybe. I'll come for a looksie at the very least :D

motorculture
7th September 2011, 08:27 PM
in for this !

70rolla
7th September 2011, 09:04 PM
im going

sundee
7th September 2011, 10:44 PM
mind if i share your garage? to change wheels and store some shit i will be camping if other plans done go through

cheers

You gotta camp man, it will be sick! i racked off the garage at last minute matt, you can park your rig next to your tent (if camping) thats what i plan to do, the grass is a bit away from the garages, so i figure if something breaks i can fix it and crawl into bed.

Who's heading down on friday??

70rolla
7th September 2011, 11:34 PM
I will be

4AGENT
8th September 2011, 01:31 PM
sweet

hachi_dk
8th September 2011, 11:46 PM
should be coming up with my bro (with two 86's) for all 3 days

pen15
9th September 2011, 05:51 PM
hopefully we can get a few 80's toyotas there for some decent tandems

evil86
9th September 2011, 11:18 PM
wish i could. getting the car running would be good for me

sundee
10th September 2011, 12:07 AM
stuff me if this engine sells, (got 2 guys coming) it will be full steam ahead to get the new BT running in the KE in time, long nights....ill be there reppin with ya man

70rolla
10th September 2011, 04:01 PM
Me and Matt still gotta rebuild a 4a and do a whole conversion so were in the same boat Sundee haha

sundee
10th September 2011, 07:02 PM
it can be done! .. well today i was working on the Ke, getting rid of the rear end, and found that some how some monkey managed to mangle the body side panhard mount!
now i gotta fab a new one! another thing to do

meadan
10th September 2011, 07:25 PM
Looks like I might make it, will take the car for a drive to get petrol tomorrow and make sure its all good to get tuned finally!

OMG866
12th September 2011, 03:55 PM
Just paid for my spot, camping and garage YAY. still got alot of work to do to the car before its ready AKA put Blacktop in :) hopefully with this little extra power i can maybe master 3rd gear with wakefields big corners.

maxhag
13th September 2011, 12:59 PM
Paid and entered.......

ae8zn6
16th September 2011, 08:20 PM
After being sure I couldn't get time off for it, I got time off for it!

DRIFT MATSURI!!!!!

YEW!!!

Paid and entered!

ae8zn6
16th September 2011, 08:25 PM
PS I think there is less than 10 spots left! Be quick guys!

Kevspec
9th October 2011, 12:28 PM

The banner on racelineevents.com says no alcohol, is that just for drivers or what's the go there? Also, anybody know how much it is to camp overnight?

Vance
24th October 2011, 07:48 PM
hopefully all the parts ive ordered recently arrive soon. hopefully i can get my new rig ready for this

pen15
24th October 2011, 08:00 PM
hopefully all the parts ive ordered recently arrive soon. hopefully i can get my new rig ready for this

have you paid and shit because i dont think there is any spots left

pen15
8th November 2011, 06:54 AM
so who is gonna be driving on the day there is lots of talk but lest get in a roll call

thr55t
8th November 2011, 09:12 AM
Ill be there driving and camping.

Name, Brendon Car, Beige Ke70

maxhag
8th November 2011, 12:06 PM
(puts hand up)

Name: JoJo (AKA Max Haggard)
Car: Gold AE86 4AGTE
Accom: Camping

pen15
8th November 2011, 09:10 PM
ill be there

driving and camp as a row of tents

name's mat with a brown 84 corolla

Kevspec
8th November 2011, 09:26 PM
For those that've been there before; Apart from camping on the track (As it's only for drivers) where's some good cheap accom around wakefield park?

spiderman
8th November 2011, 10:01 PM
Not me. Missed out on a spot+can't afford it+don't have time because of harvest.

70rolla
8th November 2011, 10:20 PM
Tyler: yellow ke70

maxhag
8th November 2011, 11:57 PM
Here is the confirmed entry list with groupings:

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=513419&fb_source=message

Rice86
9th November 2011, 07:08 AM
Holy mother of drift that is a large list! Looks like most of you's are in group 4

70rolla
9th November 2011, 07:44 AM
Fuck yer Shire boys are dominating all over that list

Matt
9th November 2011, 09:07 AM

Lol real shire boys never venture out of the shire...

maxhag
9th November 2011, 11:17 AM

Not really dominating, most of group 4 are Canberra lads.......

ae8zn6
9th November 2011, 11:30 AM
PS: Track layout

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2011/08/circuit-Drift-matsri-map-2011.jpg

70rolla
9th November 2011, 12:22 PM
Rahhh

motorculture
9th November 2011, 02:07 PM
hey guys.

just in case this hasn't already been posted .

I just got off the phone with Wakefield . as i was inquiring about staying in one of the bunkers for 3 days . I'll be there for the drift matsuri weekend and a track day on Monday. long story short i asked the question about camping ..

lady over the phone said camping is only available for caravans. NO TENTS. i forgot to ask about sleeping in cars , vans & wagons, someone might need to double check that part out.

sotiros86
9th November 2011, 05:30 PM
Cant wait, ill be there failing miserably lol

Andrew: Black on Silver Trueno

pen15
9th November 2011, 07:29 PM
camping means tents so they can fuck wright off if they think we are bringing caravans if not we have a massive trailer to pitch a tent on

Matt
9th November 2011, 08:52 PM
There is always the pelican (think that is what it is called) which is down the road a bit from the track.... Costs SFA too.

Might be worth looking into that

ae8zn6
10th November 2011, 02:02 AM
Throwing it out there.... are these available? if 12 people could form villa-eh-oyota

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/facility-here/accomodation

maxhag
10th November 2011, 03:00 AM
Throwing it out there.... are these available? if 12 people could form villa-eh-oyota

http://www.wakefieldpark.com.au/facility-here/accomodation

Yeah, Robbo, iam down with that for sure.
Lets find out and do this

maxhag
10th November 2011, 03:07 AM
Also this:

http://site.pelicansheepstation.com.au/htmfiles/accommodation.htm

ae8zn6
10th November 2011, 02:54 PM
Ok, spoke to the accommodation cell at Wakefield. There is still a villa vacant which can sleep up to 12 (plus random rooms in other blocks). I don't know about you guys but I think that is the best bet. It sounds like we dont need to make a group booking either but can instead book individually this way. Obviously if we make a group booking we should be able to book out a building and hence be ToyotaVille.

I personally think it would be better to be at the track because we'll be around the other guys who are "camping" and other guys who have booked accommodation at wakefield etc. but I'm happy either way. However if we do go to Pelican etc we'll need to organise as a group, so who's interested and which location do you want?

maxhag
10th November 2011, 04:00 PM
Toyovilla for me Robbo......
I got a really bad back, and a bed is better than sleeping in the small truck I am taking up.

I am taking up a truck from work, if you need tyres, wheels, tools... etc..etc taken up, just chuck it in my truck if ya want..... I got heaps of room!

sloth
10th November 2011, 07:43 PM
I'm in for the villa, and of course have entered to drift :D (assuming all my parts arrive and I get the 70 ready in time it'll be an awesome weekend).

sotiros86
10th November 2011, 09:27 PM
Im keen for the villa if it goes ahead

ae8zn6
11th November 2011, 05:28 PM
Ok, I talked to the chicky that took accommodation bookings at Wakefield...

She seemed to think the Best way to run it was to have each person call in and make a separate booking. If you say you're part of the Toyota group then she will try to put us all as close together as possible. So far the group has four people in it, three drivers and one support crew.

If you're staying Friday night as well as Saturday night I think you are able to pay as you arrive, however if you only staying Saturday night I'm not sure but you may have to pay a ahead of getting there. To make a booking call 02 4822 2811 and tell them you want to make a booking for the stadium drift weekend. It seems to be a pretty simple process and it does make sense that we make separate bookings. $60 a night seems pretty reasonable and you literally just have to wake up and you're at the track.

Last thing, I'm pretty sure that the accommodation desk is only open during business hours so no point calling over the weekend.

Does that sound like a good deal to you guys?

ae8zn6
11th November 2011, 05:30 PM
Also if for some reason they don't recognise the Toyota group, tell them to put you as close as possible to Andrew Robinson.

Cheers guys

maxhag
11th November 2011, 09:11 PM
Come on, $60 a night, for at track villa is a bargain....

Lets do this!

sundee
14th November 2011, 01:19 PM
Hold right on a second!
When we payed for this event, accommodation was specified as camping.
Which means tents.
If there is an issue then raceline events need to deal with this, and it seems like they are going to have a huge shit fight on there hands on Friday when everyone rocks up with tents.

I wouldn't go out of your way looking for more accommodation. As it's not our fault, it's the organizers responsibility so let them deal with it.

sundee
14th November 2011, 01:22 PM
Not to mention you have probably all payed for your "camping" which means you will be owed a refund

maxhag
14th November 2011, 02:09 PM
I would rather pay $60 to be in a on-site villa, than $20 to stay in a tent.....

sloth
14th November 2011, 02:36 PM
I would rather pay $60 to be in a on-site villa, than $20 to stay in a tent.....

Yeah, we are genuine motorsport enthusiasts, some some sort of .... street racers ( www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyTj4WnPE9M ) or hippies :P !

I think after a day of hardcore drifting etc I'd much prefer to stay somewhere decent than sleep on the ground in a tent (I also currently don't have a tent) etc.

For me personally I didn't pay for "camping" when I put in my entry for (I just paid to drive and for an open garage). Though I can see what you mean, there's going to be some angry motorsport enthusiasts with tents on the Friday night if they only allow caravans, lol.

ae8zn6
14th November 2011, 03:01 PM
Hold right on a second!
When we payed for this event, accommodation was specified as camping.
Which means tents.
If there is an issue then raceline events need to deal with this, and it seems like they are going to have a huge shit fight on there hands on Friday when everyone rocks up with tents.

I wouldn't go out of your way looking for more accommodation. As it's not our fault, it's the organizers responsibility so let them deal with it.

I agree that it is raceline's problem if its anyone's, and I also agree that camping means tents, but lets also be a little careful that we don't f&$* things up with wakefield... It seems like they are only just starting to come around to the idea of bigger drift events, it would be lame if they decided it wasn't worth having more events like this after getting abused by a bunch of guys over the definintion of camping :(

I didnt pay for camping either as I would have prefered to drive to and from Canberra each day then pay $20 for the privilage of sleeping on the ground... work gets me to go 'camping' more than enough to satisfy my need to be outdoors, but I was annoyed Id miss the nightlife part of the event. I see this as a better overall package.

In the end I guess its up to the individual, but as long as we follow some simple advice (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzPne-2bO2w) and manage to avoid overdrift, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2IWxqvsSY8) Im sure we'll all have a rad time.

maxhag
14th November 2011, 03:16 PM
Overdrift - So awesome on so many levels..... Maybe I should get one of those auto boxes...lol
Overdrift 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YRyFJvOGB_s&feature=related) "one time during a race, he changed out your brothers tranmission, while he was in a full drift"

sundee
14th November 2011, 06:24 PM
Has anyone brought this to racelines attention?

pen15
14th November 2011, 07:02 PM
i dont think so

sundee
14th November 2011, 07:49 PM
So we Could only assume that maybe raceline have a special agreement with Wakefield , AND the point of contact at Wakefield "you" spoke to was misinformed?
A simple call to raceline will clear this up.
I'll do that tomorrow.

Luxury... You guys are soft ;p

maxhag
15th November 2011, 01:03 AM
Luxury... You guys are soft ;p

Tentz... You guys are borderline dero..... :P

Nah, kidding guys, I have serious back problems (bulging disc and pinched nerve), so camping is not for me these days..... :(

thr55t
15th November 2011, 10:11 AM
Taken from the nissansilvia matsuri thread,
Tents, vans, campers are all ok.
All campers must have the correct pass + 2 day buddy pass
2 day buddy passes will be available at the gate from friday 1pm
This is the only official forum, no one else has any authority to post info unless its taken from here or our website.

sundee
15th November 2011, 02:44 PM
See ^ no problems , bring on the dero night life, you boys in luxury will miss out , maxhag your excused ;)

ae8zn6
15th November 2011, 07:49 PM
bring on the dero night life, you boys in luxury will miss out

haha, who said I wasn't going to act like a dero, lol

PS. If I do myself a serious back injury in the next few days will I be foregiven :P lol

sundee
16th November 2011, 12:38 AM
Nah get stuffed . Haha ;)

OMG866
16th November 2011, 02:04 PM
Just bring down a lumba roll to put in your swag TTZ32 you''' be right :)

PS. im fkn excited for this event. Took the rolla down there last monday for driving sports MAD MONDAY. Just a few things i learnt about the track.

A. its a very dry area so if theres any wind there is heaps of dust. SO bring goggles if u plan on having your window down due to it being HOT as fuck.
B. They have MAMMOTH Ripple strips on some corners so i advise to bring a spar control arm or tie rod if you have them.
C. take down a shit load of water cause unless your richy rich its about $4 bucks for a tiny bottle only one sip worthy

I think thats about it for now ill update you all if anything comes to mind.

Just 2 things im waiting to hear back on are?

A. Where is the closest petrol station that sells 98.
B. waiting to hear back on if there will be a tire changer on site??

sundee
16th November 2011, 02:50 PM
there will be a tyre changer on site and they will have someone operating it.
closest servo is a caltex, just on the other side of the hwy.
or get some avgas from the airport ;)

there is a shell in town , would be about a half hour round trip though

caltex makes me cringe, im loading up with jerry cans.. BP only for my pig

maxhag
16th November 2011, 03:14 PM
C. take down a shit load of water cause unless your richy rich its about $4 bucks for a tiny bottle only one sip worthy

I can sell people bottled water if people want. 12 pack of 600ml will cost you $4......

Let me know people if you want to place an order....

OMG866
16th November 2011, 06:50 PM
put me down for $8 bucks worth Sir.^^^^^^

and joel im pretty sure those petrol stations dont sell 98. well i kno the shell doesnt not sure about the caltex.

pen15
16th November 2011, 07:57 PM
there will be a tyre changer on site and they will have someone operating it.
closest servo is a caltex, just on the other side of the hwy.
or get some avgas from the airport ;)

there is a shell in town , would be about a half hour round trip though

caltex makes me cringe, im loading up with jerry cans.. BP only for my pig

tyre changer cost any money to get tyres changed?

Gunner
16th November 2011, 09:22 PM
was there on monday, only servo near by with 98 is the caltex, be warned police will stop cars and inspect them, so have your stories ready lol.

sundee
16th November 2011, 09:33 PM
Cops in training. Great!
Not sure if they charge for tyre change, I wouldn't think so

ae8zn6
16th November 2011, 11:05 PM
be warned police will stop cars and inspect them, so have your stories ready lol.

Yeah, ill be rolling in and out on my rego wheels.... joy,

thats one of the reasons Im going to sneak in on Friday arvo, hopefully no-one has to see the car with them on, lol

sundee
16th November 2011, 11:26 PM
I'll Keep a look out ;)

maxhag
17th November 2011, 01:37 AM

and joel im pretty sure those petrol stations dont sell 98. well i kno the shell doesnt not sure about the caltex.

Re; Water - No worries. I might bring 30 cartons and people can just buy as they need it. To find me, look out for a Gold AE86 or a blue Lavazza coffee truck :)

re; Petrol - The (highway) servo, the one at maccas, sells V power, which is 98ron.

pen15
17th November 2011, 06:37 AM
i will be tacking my daily and a massive jerry if anyone wants to use it your more than welcome but replace the fuel you use to get there and leave a little extra for me ;)

ae8zn6
17th November 2011, 12:46 PM
re; Petrol - The (highway) servo, the one at maccas, sells V power, which is 98ron.

Fairly sure that servo is no longer part of the franchise, hence no longer has V-power... that was from a couple of months ago, haven't been there since so could have changed.

maxhag
17th November 2011, 01:54 PM
Fairly sure that servo is no longer part of the franchise, hence no longer has V-power... that was from a couple of months ago, haven't been there since so could have changed.

Last wakefield track day I went to was in August, a few months back. They had V-power then........

ae8zn6
17th November 2011, 03:12 PM
fair enough,

I hope its not raining, i didnt get new tires for nothing, lol

OMG866
17th November 2011, 04:21 PM
went to that servo last week and im 99% sure they didnt have 98. :( owell looks like ill have to blend vodka E10 and turps together again.:yeah:

pen15
17th November 2011, 04:51 PM
went to that servo last week and im 99% sure they didnt have 98. :( owell looks like ill have to blend vodka E10 and turps together again.:yeah:

ad i thought you where intelligent how wrong i was

if everyone is worried fill your tank before you get there and take a massive jerry with you how many tanks do you think you will go through

sundee
17th November 2011, 09:58 PM
I'm bringing fuel from Syd, saves going out = more track time

ae8zn6
19th November 2011, 11:37 PM
Just doing some late night prep, not so much because I need to, more to help impress some friend's neighbors...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/256746.jpg

... no doubt suitably impressed, though I didn't ask.

pen15
20th November 2011, 09:34 AM
YEAH BOI!

ae8zn6
21st November 2011, 01:14 PM
Weather should actually suit us if this is accurate:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/2/2/8/257142.jpg

Bit of rain in the days leading up to help settle the dust, then cloud cover to keep the temp down

70rolla
21st November 2011, 07:45 PM
Bring on wetness for underpowered car

OMG866
21st November 2011, 07:56 PM
ull need more than wetness buddy haha. might want to pack your balls.

Peace in the middle east bro

4AGENT
21st November 2011, 08:56 PM
Keeeen

Rice86
22nd November 2011, 10:22 AM
im keen to shoot some footage... wonder if they will allow me to access the inside of the track to get closer shots of you guys doing your thing

ae8zn6
24th November 2011, 12:28 PM
Just got a call from Robin @ wakefield accomadation, has anyone else booked in? Because she has had more bookings but noone has specifically mentioned Toyota group or my name. I think she sorta needs to know if we are to get put together. But in the end the party can always just move to whereever the group is.

maxhag
24th November 2011, 03:10 PM
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/1/1/1/555168.jpg

My rig is ready to roll......

evil86
24th November 2011, 05:26 PM
looks good Jo cant wait for you to rip it up

maxhag
24th November 2011, 05:47 PM
you coming on fri or sat?

evil86
24th November 2011, 09:39 PM
Ive got work friday so will be there on sat and sunday. Apparently theres passenger session, so im gonna sign up if i can. Anyone accepting passengers? :)

andy86ae
25th November 2011, 01:15 AM
so keen for this even though im only spectating. do you guys know what time it kicks off on the sunday and how much spectating tickets are?

ae8zn6
25th November 2011, 01:29 AM
The 'TV' add (http://player.vimeo.com/video/32549113?autoplay=1) (that I only saw on the interwebz) said action starts at 9am each day, so Id say you want to be there before then if possible...

Rice86
25th November 2011, 07:56 AM
oh snappp!!! weather is shit, so should be awesome for some crazy sideways, hope no one here crashes too hard!!

maxhag
25th November 2011, 08:26 AM
might have more takers for the villa with this weather...

maxhag
27th November 2011, 11:59 PM
Wow!
Such an epic weekend.....

Good to meet all the lads from here who came, looked like we all had a fuckin awesome time.

Loved the sound of 'Pen15' motor. Awesome car!

Also, Brendons 230kw SR20DET Beige KE70, What a beast of a car!

I am sure there are pics to come in the next few days....