PDA

View Full Version : Anyone running redline dcoe manifold on a 16v?

Deeken
30th August 2011, 07:34 PM
Hey guys, nearly have my engine together and we are starting to plot out shit like clearances.. we measured up the tip of my carby air cleaners to the middle of my 4age head, and compared it to my 4ac sitting in my car atm.. and the measurements put the air cleaner of the carby like 30mm into my brake booster...

I've bought a redline manifold for the 2 x DCOE on a bigport 16v and it mounts them exactly where the ports come out of the head.. Also, carbys are DHLA 40mm dellortos..

Has anyone successfully run these in a ke/ae71 on a 16v 4age?? Could anyone post pictures?

Thanks for any info on this :S wanna get it sorted so I know what to expect when I am putting the engine in!

Sam-Q
31st August 2011, 12:18 AM
I know someone, I will see if I can get them to post here

Deeken
31st August 2011, 12:54 AM
Would be much appreciated. :jdmsmile:

yohann
31st August 2011, 01:08 AM
hello there . deeken im sorry im the man sam was talking about unfortunatly i cannot be of any help as my brake booster come on the other side as my car is LHD
but my friend as come accrose of the same problem on another car . and the only thing he did was cutting the trumpets so that it will fit . for you i dont have a real answer . sorry that i coudnt be of any help

Sam-Q
31st August 2011, 10:40 AM
post a picture of the air filter you have

Deeken
1st September 2011, 12:29 AM
Is this directed toward me sam?

Sam-Q
1st September 2011, 12:33 AM
yes what sort of filters do you have set asside for your carbs? any option of something slimmer?

Deeken
1st September 2011, 01:13 AM
Ahh yeah, I have I thinkkk 60mm trumpets with filters that are about 100mm in height from the carb total.. but I wouldn't want to go any shorter trumpets.. I want atleast some low end..

sundee
1st September 2011, 01:27 AM
its not a 4a, but had the same issue here, had to remove the booster.

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/4/8/5/206277.jpg

Deeken
1st September 2011, 11:40 AM
Whats the pedal feel like without the booster, sundee?

sundee
1st September 2011, 11:55 AM
ha ill let you know when i sort it all out. will be in the next 2 weeks i reckon.

Deeken
1st September 2011, 11:57 AM
kk, just dont test em at 160km/h or something around a corner.. haha :P

sundee
1st September 2011, 06:46 PM
haha ill take note :P

ae8666
8th September 2011, 03:41 AM
Hey Deeken, I had a redline manifold with twin 40mm Webers on a bigport 4age in an AE86. Due to the brake booster and the issues caused my car was set up a little different with the aid of a fibreglass plenum chamber. Although not looking as pretty as just trumpets and filters the tapered plenum chamber meant the use of the standard booster could be kept and the bonus of not having the 3 and 4 cylinders possibliy running leaner being as far away from cold air as they could possibly be. For the effort i would recommend the setup to anyone that wants to run webers or delorto's. The bonuses other than cold air for all cylinders is that the plenum chamber amplified the awesome sound that carb's make, no chance of any water splash from standing water if caught in the rain (possibly the most fun place to be in a 4ag 86) and the best feature...... In all the encounters i had with Police at roadside defect checks did they ever do more than..... Open the bonnet glance down expecting to see filters just to close the bonnet straight away in disapointment.

Deeken
8th September 2011, 11:48 AM
Hey Deeken, I had a redline manifold with twin 40mm Webers on a bigport 4age in an AE86. Due to the brake booster and the issues caused my car was set up a little different with the aid of a fibreglass plenum chamber. Although not looking as pretty as just trumpets and filters the tapered plenum chamber meant the use of the standard booster could be kept and the bonus of not having the 3 and 4 cylinders possibliy running leaner being as far away from cold air as they could possibly be. For the effort i would recommend the setup to anyone that wants to run webers or delorto's. The bonuses other than cold air for all cylinders is that the plenum chamber amplified the awesome sound that carb's make, no chance of any water splash from standing water if caught in the rain (possibly the most fun place to be in a 4ag 86) and the best feature...... In all the encounters i had with Police at roadside defect checks did they ever do more than..... Open the bonnet glance down expecting to see filters just to close the bonnet straight away in disapointment.

Depressing.. have a set up trumpets and filters sitting out in the shed that ive paid $250 for.. >.< I guess we will have to sort it out as we go.. hope we can figure something out.. :(