PDA

View Full Version : 4age rwd alternator part number

Deeken
29th September 2011, 06:17 PM
Searches have turned up info about mounting them, wiring them etc.

Anyone got a part number on a 4age rwd alternator? Somehow the engine I bought has some other alternator on it..

Cheers,
Deeken.

Nikkojoe
29th September 2011, 10:29 PM
all 4age 16v alternators are the same, no matter if fwd or rwd. It's the bracket that changes.

20v alternator will work with the right plug(s) too.

Also 7mge alternator works as well....

Deeken
30th September 2011, 01:54 AM
oh excellent. big and smallport same? so all ae86/82/92 should have the same alternator?

Also anyone have a pic to a rwd bracket to make sure i dont just have a dodge bracket?

Thanks,
Deeken.

Nikkojoe
30th September 2011, 02:05 AM
Yes, all will have a compatible alternator (as long as 4age)

google found me this

http://www.rollaclub.com/faq/images/9/9a/Alt_bracket.jpg

LittleRedSpirit
30th September 2011, 09:02 AM
www.toyodiy.com

Futo_gt86
30th September 2011, 02:17 PM
all 4age 16v alternators are the same, no matter if fwd or rwd. It's the bracket that changes.

20v alternator will work with the right plug(s) too.

Also 7mge alternator works as well....

Does the 20V ALT pulley (when installed on the 16V ALT bracket) still line up with the 20V crank pulley and water pump pulley?

Nikkojoe
30th September 2011, 08:34 PM
Crank pulley (first pulley for alternator and water pump) is always the same offset on any 4ag(z)e. The second outer pulley changes on a fwd and rwd (rwd sticks out further by 2-3mm).

Water pump pulley is always lined with the crank, and will only change if you use a rwd water pump and not change the pulley (rwd water pumps stick out longer because of the clutch fan setups, hence the rwd water pump pulley is offset to suit).

Therefore the 20v alternator will work with a 16v bracket providing the pivot part is the same width (4agze have a wider pivot bit, im pretty sure the 20v one is the same width as a 16v)