PDA

View Full Version : Duckwings

Tbo92
2nd October 2011, 03:52 PM
There probably is but are the different tpyes of duckwings? if so can someone point me in the right direction, cause I dont really like the TRD duckwing

Cheers Matt.

s13 james
2nd October 2011, 04:34 PM
theres not a huge visual difference in other ones,pretty much all look the same, other than angle, height may differ slightly.

McLEVIN
2nd October 2011, 04:42 PM
All the major frp companies that make kits for the 86 do duckwings but they are basically the same as the trd one
Dmax or Jblood are noteable different the have a more square edge.
I think the runfree wing might be a bit smaller than the trd wing
I think with most of companies you'll have to buy the whole hatch with the wing moulded in. Which is usually big $$$
There is the smaller oem wing.

Tbo92
2nd October 2011, 04:56 PM
Ohk yeah but I'm after something a bit longer

Cheers Matt.

McLEVIN
2nd October 2011, 05:52 PM
serious? they are huge are you talking about hatch or notchback ae86

timbo
3rd October 2011, 07:18 AM
I think he was referring to the OEM wing. Just get a cheap ducktail and modify it.

johl
3rd October 2011, 07:51 AM
Go look at Darren mcnamara's ae86 he just built. It is the need for speed 86. I'm pretty sure he is going to be selling the duck tail he made

Delazy
3rd October 2011, 08:40 AM
All the major frp companies that make kits for the 86 do duckwings but they are basically the same as the trd one
Dmax or Jblood are noteable different the have a more square edge.
I think the runfree wing might be a bit smaller than the trd wing
I think with most of companies you'll have to buy the whole hatch with the wing moulded in. Which is usually big $$$
There is the smaller oem wing.

Runfree is larger than trd... But smaller than jblood n2 from memory... But certainly larger than trd... I sold my trd styled frp hatch sometime back to get a genuine run free hatch for that reason