PDA

View Full Version : 4age into ae86... Help help

Hella86
5th October 2011, 06:21 PM
Hi guys.. I have pulled a 4age 16v blue top out of a ae82 and dropped it into my ae86... Everything is now finished but when I start the car it turns off.. The only way to keep it running is to hold your hand on the key... To me this means I have missed a Ignition#wire.. So now I am trying to find a wiring diagram??? Any help.. Does it sound like i am on the right path?

Nikkojoe
5th October 2011, 07:09 PM
Sounds like your car runs out of fuel. Its either injectors dont have power or the circuit opening relay aint working correctly (assuming you have wired it with one).

Im more pointing to the latter. You probably have the start signal hooked up to the relay so that when it cranks the fuel pump works, but you have an issue with pin FC (green/red wire) not being earthed when car is running. You either need to connect that wire up to the ecu OR check that the ecu is working correctly. Pin FC on the ecu has been known to fail on some occasions, and you may need another ecu.

A temporary fix would be to earth the pin on the relay, but only for the short term (pump will work as soon as ignition is on).

Hella86
6th October 2011, 10:48 AM
I have for wires left on the ECU.. G/R,B/W,V/W,R are the left over wires.. So by what your saying if I earth out FC (G/R) that should fix my problem?

Matt
6th October 2011, 04:31 PM
I have for wires left on the ECU.. G/R,B/W,V/W,R are the left over wires.. So by what your saying if I earth out FC (G/R) that should fix my problem?

Join up the 2 G/R wires... G/r from the ecu provides earth to G/R from the FOC.

Blue/Black from the FOC run it to your fuel pump

Nikkojoe
6th October 2011, 04:33 PM
No, pin fc earths to latch the FCO (fuel circuit opening) relay. I am not sure if you are running this relay.

The better question would be how you wired up your fuel pump....

Check here for more info
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/22625-HOW-TO-4AGE-into-ADM-AE86-AE71-Wiring-guide