PDA

View Full Version : 4agze supercharger not work

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 10:12 AM
Need help with my gze supercharger as its not working for somr odd reason, car runs fine just no supercharger feels like I have a a standard ge engine In it, anyone know where to start? Thanks in advance

Javal
10th October 2011, 10:35 AM
Make sure the supercharger clutch is engaging first up.

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 10:46 AM
How do you check that? If its by taking the cover on the supercharger pulley off and making sure its spinning in there then yes it is spinning when accelarating only tho

Nikkojoe
10th October 2011, 11:53 AM
If you take the cover off (which i assume you have a map sensor engine in that case), if you see the magnetic clutch actually pull back when you rev it (from idle) then it is engaging. If its spinning, it might not actually be working and only lightly grabbing. You will hear the supercharger whine if it is working when driving.

They are also only meant to engage under sufficient load (not just tps based).

If its all working, either charger is flogged out or you need a pulley.

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 02:43 PM
Just realised it has not a single drop of oil so gonna top that up after work, and yeh it is a map version... When the car is idling that clutch thing doesnt spin then when I rev it it spins, and there is no whine coming out from the supercharger

Nikkojoe
10th October 2011, 03:06 PM
As said it can spin without engaging, you need to see if there forward and backward movement on the front part of the clutch.

and no oil in charger aint good...

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 03:32 PM
Nah no movement :(

Nikkojoe
10th October 2011, 08:42 PM
Supercharger relay still connected?

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 08:43 PM
So I grounded the supercharger from the clutch plug and it worked... What does that mean? Is it bad to drive it grounded?

86TRD
10th October 2011, 08:52 PM
There are only 2 wires, one is an earth so goes to the body, the other is the main power, connect it to your positive terminal on the battery and take it for a drive, see if it works then.
Also dont suggest keeping it connected to the battery for a long period.
Doesnt matter what wire it is as they will both do the same thing.

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 08:56 PM
Yeh it worked when I connected one wire from the charger to the negative terminal, so is it not good to drive it like that? Could it be the relay?

86TRD
10th October 2011, 09:02 PM
Its not suggested, as it burnsout the clutches or something ( been a while since i done research on the charger ).

other then that i cant really help sorry, i run a microtech so is wired a little different to yours.

Sprintn
10th October 2011, 09:03 PM
Oh ok fair enough thanks heaps mate

Nikkojoe
10th October 2011, 09:54 PM
Yeah dont run it like that.

The factory way is one pin on the ecu (i cant tell you this as you never stated what model ecu/loom you are using) is an earth when the supercharger is activated (black yellow). This pin is used to trigger the relay which is powered by a simple 12v ignition wire hooked to it (black red).

The output side of the relay has a black yellow wire before the switch (from the supercharger clutch), and a brown earth wire as the output.

The way it works is when the ecu wants the s/c to work, the ecu earths the pin which activates the relay and pulls the black yellow wire on the supercharger clutch to ground.

Now you may think you can connect the supercharger clutch directly to the ecu, but this will put too much current through the ecu and probs melt some things.

http://club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/Tech%20Photos/AE92_4AGZE_ECU_2.jpg for a diagram.

Sprintn
11th October 2011, 02:24 PM
car is all sorted and running, thanks heaps guys especially anthony at kaizen garage... Very much help came from him so thank you again.. :)