PDA

View Full Version : Carby tuning joints in vic ??????

SHADOW KNIGHT
20th October 2011, 06:35 PM
Hey fellow 86 peeps was considering selling up my rig but a recent injury will not allow me to ride for some time so need to get my buzz from my rig again.
I was getting it tuned at b and m fuel systems in richmond but wouldnt mind trying somewhere else to try and squeeze a few more ponys out of her.
Any one know of any one ??? Even some one on here that could do a bit of a tune ???
I have 44mm mikunis that have custom chokes in them.
any help would be greatly appreciated.
Cheers yall

SHADOW KNIGHT
21st October 2011, 01:05 PM
Every body on the efi bandwagon these days ????

PRIMRK
21st October 2011, 02:57 PM
Not every one is EFI yet, ill have to try find some one to be able to tune a 6 carb 2j in the next year or so, would you think the guys at B&M be up to it?

SHADOW KNIGHT
21st October 2011, 03:06 PM
I know he can and will be up for it !!!! Have seen many triple carb cars in his work shop and he also is featured in unique cars a few times he is quite exxy but your car will leave there running like an efi car which if you run a modded carb motor that was origanly efi you will no what im on about. Also has i dyno with a really low reading so when you get your car back from a tune you might be gutted but its just his dyno. Go to doctor drift for a dyno reading and you will be happy !!!! lol

SHADOW KNIGHT
21st October 2011, 03:07 PM
p.s he is a one man show so does everything from start to finish

silverra23
21st October 2011, 08:51 PM
Ace Carburettors in Clayton have done a few things for me and have been pretty good.

Thornbury Carburettors also have an excellent reputation

Water Boy
21st October 2011, 10:16 PM
The Carby Shop
5 Sherwood Court
Wantirna South VIC 3152
(03) 9801 3984

Nigel is a absolute champion, he has raced cars for over 30 years. You name he knows it about carby's and set up etc. He has done a lot of work for my Dad over the years. My Dad raced against him in Cub Car/IPRA and even though Nigel ran against half his customers he was always willing to help out and tune a car at a race.

Sam-Q
22nd October 2011, 09:00 AM
S.E Performance / AKA S.E carbs

SHADOW KNIGHT
22nd October 2011, 01:42 PM
Thanks peeps !!!! Waterboy would you know if the carby shop has a dyno there ??? Or a matter of fact do any other of these carby joints have dynos ?????
Cheers once again !!!

Water Boy
24th October 2011, 01:04 AM
Thanks peeps !!!! Waterboy would you know if the carby shop has a dyno there ??? Or a matter of fact do any other of these carby joints have dynos ?????
Cheers once again !!!

Yeah nigel has dyno.

silverra23
24th October 2011, 12:41 PM
ace carbys also have a dyno

SHADOW KNIGHT
24th October 2011, 02:54 PM
Cheers fellaz once i can walk i will get the ball rolling and thrash ready for summer !!!! lol