PDA

View Full Version : Random loss of spark

jaydos
5th November 2011, 06:01 PM
Car - KE70

motor / part in question - 4AGE bigport

problem - random loss of spark when driving, it will just cut out without notice

occurs/started when (if applicable)- last week

Basically last week i was driving and all of the sudden my car started to bog down and die, if i tried to rev it would backfire and cut out. After that the car will not even splutter (no spark when tested), anyway i did a diagnostics check and turned out i had code 3 which is ignitor circuit. So i went out today and bought a new ignitor and coil today and still didnt fix it. i have had a problem in the past with my dizzy wires my earths had melted and snapped and caused a simmilar problem so i guess thats my next option.

Thanks
Jaidyn

Smitty
11th November 2011, 08:49 PM
Basically last week i was driving and all of the sudden my car started to bog down and die, if i tried to rev it would backfire and cut out. After that the car will not even splutter (no spark when tested), anyway i did a diagnostics check and turned out i had code 3 which is ignitor circuit. So i went out today and bought a new ignitor and coil today and still didnt fix it. i have had a problem in the past with my dizzy wires my earths had melted and snapped and caused a simmilar problem so i guess thats my next option.

What a great story