PDA

View Full Version : Just installed Hydro E-brake, rear brakes are locked on?????

maxhag
7th November 2011, 04:48 PM
Hey guys,

Setup:
R32 Non-ABS master
Twin spot PBR calipers at front (AU Falcon series 2) (Hopper Stopper kit)
Hydro handbrake setup (half decent one, not a $160 cheapy)
R31 discs (R31 rear end)
VS Commodore calipers + new pads

I have just finished installing a hydro handbrake and changed from R31 lever calipers, to VS commonwhore all hydraulic calipers (and new A1RM pads ).

After bleeding up the system, my rear brakes are locked on........

Any ideas on what would cause this?
And solution?

Cheers,

Jojo

ke_70
7th November 2011, 04:59 PM
is it an inline setup running off your main rear line?

or an inderpendent setup.

could be ceased pistons? open the bleed nipple see if they get unstuck

maxhag
7th November 2011, 05:09 PM
inline setup...

Yeah, they get unstuck when I release the nipple...

maxhag
8th November 2011, 01:46 PM
You can all stop thinking about it now guys...... lol

There was still a large pocket of fart stuck about half way thru the system, ie at the hydro master cyl........

slide86
8th November 2011, 02:15 PM
can you post pics of how you did the setup? and how does it affect the rear brakes when foot braking? if at all.....

maxhag
8th November 2011, 02:30 PM
STILL HAVING PROBLEMS

If someone can give me their thoughts or ideas, that would really be helpful

After bleeding it, all brakes turn freely. -->

If I pull the hanbrake lever, the rears lock and unlock, as they should -->

BUT THEN, the first time I put my foot on the brake pedal after the bleed, rears get locked....

so, It's sounding like the problem is with the master cyl? But the master cyl wasn't touched during the conversion and it didn't run out of fluid either...... Any thoughts?

it's really shittin my off now

Corolla86
13th November 2011, 09:02 PM
you need to adjust the hydraulic handbrake, it is not real easy to explain but i will have a go.

when ya use your normal brakes the fluid will flow through the hydro handbrake like normal.
If your handbrake is adjusted so the piston in your master cyl is in the wrong place it will allow fluid to flow to the rear brakes but not the other way.
Your handbrake will still work in this position.
What bore size handbrake master are you using?

There is one trick to adjusting the handbrake,
Go one way with your adjustments, if it gets better, keep going that way. if not go the other way.

My hydraulic handbrake adjustments needed to be done the opposite way to what you would assume.
Hopefully this helps,
cheers jarrod.

ae8zn6
13th November 2011, 09:08 PM
I believe this problem was solved the other day. Turns out it was a defect with how the hyrdo handbrake had been assembled from the factory. Fixed now as are the symptoms, Ill let Jop go into more detail if he is so compeled.

maxhag
14th November 2011, 02:05 AM
Yeah, It's all fixed.

The problem was with the hydro master cyl. The dodgy chinese kents assembled it wrong. Between the pin and the piston, sits a flanged washer. It had been assembled facing the wrong way, which resulted in the piston not fully retracting....

4 days of frustration, caused by a 2cent washer. Fucking chinese, they are B grade, sub standard kunts! It wasn't a cheap one either, it was one of the $300 kits. Unfortuantly, everything is made in china these days....