PDA

View Full Version : Wheel Outer Measurements for 14x8.5 -15????

Plelz
11th November 2011, 08:41 PM
Hey all, I am looking into how much it will cost to get some new outers made for my wheels. I have two work equips and two Jilba racing wheels that I would like outers made for.

I called extensive wheel services in adelaide and they said that it will cost me about $600 per wheel, around abouts.

I would like to get a quote from Whitehorse industries as they seem to supply wheel outers quite regularly. There is a pro forma that they require in order to give a quote. Link below

http://www.metalspinnersaust.com.au/images/stories/docs/wheel-proforma.pdf

Can anyone help me with filling this in so I can get outers made to make my wheels 14x8.5 -15 and 14x8 -15 respectively. Wheels are currently 14x6.5 and 14x7.

Any help would be much appreciated.

JDMWheels
11th November 2011, 10:41 PM
I think we will also need to know the current wheel offsets, because as far as I know you are adding material from the centre out, if you were getting new inners / outers it would be a different story.

I.e. if the 14 x 7 is 0 offset, and each inch is 25.4mm to achieve 8.5" the wheels offset will be 0 - the width of the new outer ( 25.4mm x 1.5 = 38.1) so the 14 x 7 0 would become 14 x 8.5 -38

I hope that makes sense :)

ke_70
11th November 2011, 11:28 PM
www.willtheyfit.com

this will help. i suggest just pulling them apart and measureing them or getting them measured.

Skylar
12th November 2011, 04:14 AM
HJ60 is mostly right but when you widen a wheel to one side only the offset moves to that side by half of the increase in width. The new offset in the example is -19 not -38. So by widening a wheel by an inch and a half you make the wheel more neg by 19mm, 14x6.5 +18 become 8 -1 or 8.5 -7 which isn't what you want. So, like HJ60 said, what are the curret offsets?

To answer your other question, can't you just measure your current wheels and add 1.5" to the measured width?

johl
12th November 2011, 09:06 AM
At 600 per wheel you can buy brand new equips in any size that they have. Just food for thought but it cost me 140 per wheel to widen my longchamps. It's a painful process though and after getting them polished and the initial purchase cost it wouldn't have cost too much more for me to buy new wheels

marvis
12th November 2011, 11:01 AM
Why the fuck you would widen them to that for that amount of money is just ridiculous.

Plelz
12th November 2011, 11:39 AM
Hey guys, thanks for the ideas.

I would not pay $600 per wheel to get them widened... that price is obviously ridiculous.

I saw posts on another forum from one of the Whitehorse industries managers and he quoted $150 to widen a 17" rim.

The offsets at the moment are +16 on the equips and 0 on the jilba racing wheels. I would have new inner and outer lips made to get the offset I want but if just adding the extra 1.5" to the outer/front lip would get it somewhere close I would consider this as it would be cheaper.

lolwat
12th November 2011, 01:51 PM
contact blair