PDA

View Full Version : What did you do on your ae/ke today thread

Pages : [1] 2

dove grey 64
13th November 2011, 06:51 PM
today finally got round to replacing my thermo fan switch, flushed out my heater core too. my heater would barely demist the windscreen before, searched online and found a guys post from canada talking about the poor performance of his 86 heater and how he fixed it.
my red 86 had a great heater and my new white 86 one sucked so i knew how efficient it should have been, i popped off both the inlet and outlet pipes leading to the core on the firewall side and got my garden hose out first off just flushing it out, fair amount of 28 year old poo coming out from the core from both pipes. I kinked the garden hose with my hand and let it build pressure and then released it and the amount of crap coming out of the core was incredible. make sure your not standing it front because the water shoots out about 2-3m high.
if your heater sucks i recommend doing this, takes all of 20 mins and now my heater works great.
just trying to get my new 86 ready for the classic japanese show on the 20th really, giving it a good clean etc. got a massive stone chip about the size of a 10 cent coin today in my brand new windscreen, bit annoying but ehh... what can you do, shit happends
so what did you do on your ae/ke today?

KurtHS
13th November 2011, 07:31 PM
I kicked mine, yelled at it and threw a few stones at it because it's a piece of shit that won't run.

Ben 1
13th November 2011, 07:35 PM
Sounds like a good result Geoff! In preparation for All Japan Day I polished up the chrome work on the ke70. Began with the trims around the windscreen, then the ones above the doors which run down the a pillars and then the chrome wheel trims and centre caps. Then I began doing the brass heater fittings and pipes, along with the airfilter clips (also chrome) and coil all came up like new. Then with some carby cleaner I sprayed some of the fiddly little vac valves on the air filter assembly which were a tad dirty and lastly polished the airfilter housing so it matches all the other shiny fittings and components. Lastly Ill spray a little tyre shine in the bay to give it a lush factory look. Next is the removal of the guard indicators so I can polish the lenses and also the pair on the front bumperbar.

dove grey 64
13th November 2011, 08:46 PM
sounds good ben,looking forward to seeing it at the show. man i'd love to get some good rims to set off my car, doubt that will happen this week. would've liked to get a jdm intake on there too but cant find one in my price range

dove grey 64
13th November 2011, 08:47 PM
I kicked mine, yelled at it and threw a few stones at it because it's a piece of shit that won't run.
:DD whats happening to it?

d1staz
13th November 2011, 09:50 PM
After taking my kelpie to herding school I got him to help me slap on some vertex side skirts and rear bar. It was getting dark so I rushed it and it turned out pretty rough. I still love it though. So tough.

LEVIN86
14th November 2011, 12:25 AM
This weekend i sorted out putting my front zenki lip to my kouki trueno. Big ups to Dan.91 for all the help and spraying the front bar/lip. Pretty much custom brackets were needed to be made up to make this lip fit on. Bough a couple L bend metal plates from Bunnings and it was then bent into C shapes =P Lip was fitted on and now it looks awesome. Also swapped over my eyelids and indicators to some newer ones.

Lip flipped upside down showing the brackets:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254610.jpg

Final result:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254611.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254612.jpg

Next plans before the Jap Meet would be custom fitting these AE82 number plate tail lights for my redlines...mock fitment looks pretty good
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254613.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254614.jpg

ae86
14th November 2011, 08:30 AM
did the lip reach both ends of the bumper ok? i was tugging on mine like all hell and still few cm off

PoDgE
14th November 2011, 02:31 PM
Its not an AE or KE, but i went to pick my corona up from the RWC place after being told the check was done, when i got there i was told my rona was to big a peice of shit and the didnt finish checking it. I cant belive these guys some of the things they have listed are rubbish. Owell i told then to finish checking and to let me decide if it is worth spending the cash or not

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Gear-head
14th November 2011, 02:57 PM
My alternator died yesterday and now at the wreckers getting one for $40 to change it over

rthy
14th November 2011, 06:02 PM
opened the window, looked out side, sighed.. posted lol

dove grey 64
14th November 2011, 06:17 PM
did some engine detailing and put some fresh black electrical tape on some wires around the bay on my lunch break at work. going to borrow some rims for the show, my current rims just wont cut it.
sprayed my bumpers black just over a week ago, not sure if i should spray the top bits white or not.

LEVIN86
14th November 2011, 06:20 PM
did the lip reach both ends of the bumper ok? i was tugging on mine like all hell and still few cm off

we managed to get it pretty close to the ends of the bumper...its a tight pull but it made it there

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254923.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/254924.jpg

LEVIN86
14th November 2011, 06:21 PM
did some engine detailing and put some fresh black electrical tape on some wires around the bay on my lunch break at work. going to borrow some rims for the show, my current rims just wont cut it.
sprayed my bumpers black just over a week ago, not sure if i should spray the top bits white or not.

going all out for this show ay! i vote white top bits

SHADOW KNIGHT
14th November 2011, 06:26 PM
^^^^^^ this panda bars look so much better !!!!
Well i went outside on my crutches today and looked at my car and had a ciggi !!!
lol ment to pick up springs wednesday get wheel alignment thursday and guards done friday then car show sunday....................but not sure if i am going into surgery before then and not supposed to drive but will see what happens !!!

ae86
14th November 2011, 06:52 PM
how the fk did you get it that far nam? think you need to give me a hand sometime when your free

LEVIN86
14th November 2011, 07:33 PM
could try having a look and just compare it to mine, when u say few CM's off was that it didnt meet the end of the bar or was the lip too wide for the bumper (wheel to wheel direction)? u coming to the meet?

dan.91
14th November 2011, 08:50 PM
lol nam we are pro at zenki lips now

ae86
14th November 2011, 08:58 PM
few cm off each side to meet the end of the bumper where yours looks perfect, wont be able to make it to the meet by the looks of the screwing around im getting with parts, will be drifting at a skidpan on the 26th though with some luck

LEVIN86
14th November 2011, 09:10 PM
lol nam we are pro at zenki lips now

LIKE =P

claw
14th November 2011, 09:34 PM
i beat the shit out of my starter solanoid then drove mine.....thrashed it even, then parked, it, then repeat!

willa
14th November 2011, 10:16 PM
fixed leaks:
fuel reg
water hose cracked
oil plug on head
vaccuum by resealing throttle body and iacv blanking plate(hopefully).

Hopefully run it tomoro arvo

dove grey 64
21st November 2011, 07:54 PM
adjusted alternator today so no more squeak on start up. noice one bruvah

malk234
21st November 2011, 10:34 PM
I'm still fixing up some small rust patches.. nearly one year owning it and still hasn't seen the road or a CH plate... :(

dan.91
21st November 2011, 10:48 PM
Today I put on my rear bar and stood there and stared at the car lol

Jimmee1990
22nd November 2011, 01:29 AM
Today I put my suspension in and went for a midnight cruise through the mountains. Then couldn't decide if it was too low or not.

claw
22nd November 2011, 11:54 AM
midnight and mountains is the best ever!

malk234
22nd November 2011, 10:15 PM
Today I fixed up the rust some more.
Never ending story lol.

Panda BVB700
22nd November 2011, 10:43 PM
looked at my canary and though this is definantly going to be end of the beginning many big plans for the future but still need to find a *e7* asap give me a heads up if you know of any

LEVIN86
24th November 2011, 08:03 PM
took apart my sunroof and gave it a good clean, the motor was so rusted up that it was clogged and not spinning. After getting right in there it was all good and my sunroof is all good. It was such a pain putting it all back in as the rails didnt want to sit nicely in the roof

dove grey 64
28th November 2011, 05:26 PM
decided i should get my leaking clutch master changed today, getting over soggy carpets

LittleRedSpirit
28th November 2011, 06:38 PM
Cleaned complicated Southernways mesh centres with a toothbrush and cotton buds.

Washed car.

Fitted under carpet sound/heat insulation for summer.

Changed oil but left on old filter.

Spanner check.

Clipped back seat back in.

dove grey 64
8th December 2011, 09:13 PM
fitted yellow cibie fog lights, received clutch master from ajps today woot!

dove grey 64
17th December 2011, 01:36 PM
just changed clutch master, bit of a pain to do, had to take out my drivers seat so i could lay on the floor to reach the clutch pedal inside the car, one of the hardest bits was trying to get the clutch line off, service manual said to take it off first but the clutch line ends up being to twisted to take off. so i undid all the bolts and pulled the unit out and let off all the twisted tension on the line by dangling the clutch master near the firewall. when i fitted up the new unit i could not get the line's thread to fit the new clutch master, thought maybe i stripped the threads on the line but it ended up being a shitty tapping job on the new clutch master, luckily i used a bolt from the seat mounts and reamed it in there which cleaned up the threads enough to get the clutch line started. then had to get one of my neighbors who is a 75yr old man to pump my clutch so i could bleed it. all works, also fed through some new cabling for the cibies up front, i'll let a guy at work wire them up.
did a oil change and fitted a genuine toyota oil filter, heaps better size then the ryco that was on it when i bought the car.
time for a drive

dove grey 64
17th December 2011, 07:44 PM
aarrrrgggghhhhh clutch master is fine, now my hard line developed a massive crack just next to the slave cylinder. anyone in melbourne got one, need it asap please

hachi_dk
19th December 2011, 09:24 AM
got a rwc for my trueno. now to book vicroads appointment and new daily here i come!

dove grey 64
19th December 2011, 06:43 PM
got a rwc for my trueno. now to book vicroads appointment and new daily here i come!
*wish i had three hands to give that three thumbs up* book in at dandenong, easiest place to get through the pits

claw
19th December 2011, 08:38 PM
fuck dandenong!! worst place apart from burwood, because they have second inspectors checking random shit, and big bosses checking up on shit, you live in the west filip, hoppers is the go

willa
20th December 2011, 03:54 PM
fuck dandenong!! worst place apart from burwood, because they have second inspectors checking random shit, and big bosses checking up on shit, you live in the west filip, hoppers is the go

LOL seymour vicroads ftw!

:/

shift_rook
20th December 2011, 05:08 PM
Briefly took a glimpse of mine, then went back inside. all in a days work

Jimmee1990
20th December 2011, 06:31 PM
Realised on lunch today that I need to cut my bumper to allow for the castor, and decided that because my bumper's an abortion anyway to dial in some more camber instead.

hachi_dk
21st December 2011, 10:57 AM
yer hoppers is where im going, my mate reckons they dont have a scrutineering bay so they will just sus her out in the carpark?

claw
21st December 2011, 05:35 PM
yeah ive seen fink get a laurel with a rb25 transferred from nsw to vic at hoppers no engineers or anything

hachi_dk
22nd December 2011, 01:07 PM
lol... thats quality. hoppers it is!!!

Panda BVB700
22nd December 2011, 10:36 PM
nah they def have a bay

claw
23rd December 2011, 10:03 PM
gt all the shit required to install my coilovers, then once it cooled got stuck into it 2 hours later,my car now has suspension that works, now to get the barnacles off the brakes!

dove grey 64
24th December 2011, 07:43 AM
now im on holidays, planning on spraying the top parts of my bumpers white and also painting/fitting my side moldings. i doubt i'll ever go panda so no need to hold off on putting them on.
anybody here have recommendations on which double sided tape to use? on the forester the factory window visors used a really good 3m transparent tape, have not been able to find it at places like bunnings, maybe i should check out autobahn.

LittleRedSpirit
24th December 2011, 10:23 AM
Lincoln sentry is the place to get the good3m tape.

claw
24th December 2011, 10:34 AM
drove the absolute piss out of mine today....wee hours of the morning, installing cilovers yesterday rewarded me with nt bouncing around as much as im used to

CRO747
24th December 2011, 12:35 PM
what coilovers are they ?? xt130?

claw
24th December 2011, 03:17 PM
nah there sitting in the shed, in the same state they were 3 months ago

rebuilt 86 sht off a mates car with shitty brakes fr now, lucky i got gears

CRO747
25th December 2011, 08:45 AM
better than nothin lol

Gear-head
26th December 2011, 05:55 PM
Looking at my 86 and piss off form hail damage I count 7 dints

hachi_dk
26th December 2011, 06:18 PM
damm, my 86 was outside and i didnt even realize that it was hailing... no damage though.
lucky

dove grey 64
27th December 2011, 07:07 AM
no hail east side...
sprayed my new watanabe's yesterday.........GOLD, pics will come later today, after we pop some tyres on

dove grey 64
28th December 2011, 07:30 PM
got tyres on (big thanks to *E7*) really happy with the wheels, did not take photos though, will tomorrow

d1staz
29th December 2011, 09:25 AM
Finished installing my AJPS front end kit and techno toy castor bars yesterday. Just got a wheel alignment and damn what a difference. Handles like a tron bike.

sprinter666
29th December 2011, 02:40 PM
put it up for sale :(

dove grey 64
29th December 2011, 05:55 PM
Finished installing my AJPS front end kit and techno toy castor bars yesterday. Just got a wheel alignment and damn what a difference. Handles like a tron bike.

love wheel alignments, makes a huge difference. whats in the ajps front end kit?

Vaughn
29th December 2011, 06:16 PM
Cleaned my air filter"s" haha :)

d1staz
29th December 2011, 06:57 PM
love wheel alignments, makes a huge difference. whats in the ajps front end kit?

It has rack ends and knuckles, lock spacer, rack bushes and a bunch more bushes i cant remember the names of. Great value for the $300 odd bucks it cost. The car has had quite a few mods since you sold it to me. Will have to hook up and show you some day.

d1staz
29th December 2011, 07:59 PM
Here is a teaser23636

dove grey 64
30th December 2011, 06:57 AM
looks good ron. this was my plans for that car
23639 super 80's. or this23640

dove grey 64
30th December 2011, 02:24 PM
new wheels and cibie fogs 14x7 plus 6 front and rear. no scrubbing and super light, really happy :heart:
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/273294.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/273295.jpg

Jimmee1990
5th January 2012, 09:44 PM
Ordered a brand new kouki trueno bumper for it :DD

dove grey 64
5th January 2012, 10:39 PM
resprayed my wheels a darker bronze, heaps better. did more fucking around with my vac lines, sort of got better results, thermo switch sensor is playing up, swapped over 4 different units with no improvement, thermo fans are stuck on. maybe wiring? how would i check?

claw
5th January 2012, 10:42 PM
get a clutch fan ?

dove grey 64
5th January 2012, 10:45 PM
then i'd need a rwd water pump. not going to happen.

hachi_dk
6th January 2012, 12:17 AM
got my 86 registered today.
went to hoppers vicroads to clear defect and for the "inspection" etc, they didnt even check the defected items.
it was a great day!

claw
6th January 2012, 07:58 AM
then i'd need a rwd water pump. not going to happen.

theres still a pulley on the water pump with 4 bolts correct?? clutch fan

4ac clutch fan should bolt on fine

dove grey 64
6th January 2012, 09:46 AM
theres still a pulley on the water pump with 4 bolts correct?? clutch fan

4ac clutch fan should bolt on fine
ok, i was under the impression if i chuck one on it would kill the bearings quickly? am i thinking of the wrong thing? i'd really just rather try getting my setup to work the way it should. was working fine before but started to play up in the last week or so.
also on the subject of vac lines, one goes to the charcoal canister and where does the other one go?
if i block the other one the car stalls, if i leave it open my rev's sit at 1500 at idle and occasionally it hunts for idle (has unknown cams) so i got a t piece and plugged it in with the line running to the charcoal can and rev's sat nice at 1000 idle, after a week it started to hunt at idle from 500 to 1000 and then started to stall.
my twin thermo's have been stuck on and it draws alot of amps so that why i think it stalls, also have tried to loop a small bit of line on the two but that doesnt work, well it did work but then at idle when my thermo's come on it would stall. argh

dove grey 64
6th January 2012, 07:51 PM
hah fixed itself today, must have been an old thermo switch that decided to play ball again. sweet. there are two types, one that looks all smooth and one likes like it has a bearing at the end, i fitted the bearing type i scored at pick a part, guess it needed running in to get working again

claw
7th January 2012, 10:17 AM
toyotas have self heal!

i lost and oil cap last night, does anyone have a 4 ac or 4k one lying around with the jap writing on top, will give wristys

rthy
9th January 2012, 11:10 AM
fyi the fwd water pump will crack with a clutch fan stuck on it, its happened to me... 3 times :(

Panda BVB700
17th January 2012, 09:04 PM
started it up got it to operating temp and tried to find out what is going on with it with very little success

Gear-head
18th January 2012, 01:26 PM
Drove for 2 hrs from the west side to center rd wreckers to get xt130 hubs and took me all up 4 hrs to just get 2 hubs. Cost me $56 and now I got to buy bearings for them. And clean them up before I fit them on

dove grey 64
18th January 2012, 07:08 PM
found out in yesterdays heat wave my clutch fluid is getting too hot, replacement clutch line i got sits out closer to my exhaust. thinking of getting a flex line with a 45 deg bango fitting.
was sitting in traffic and wouldnt let me select 1st or 2nd, had to turn off the motor and engage 1st then start up again. argh lol
but then by the time i got back to the hills with cooler air the problem went away, didnt have the issue today either. hot clutch fluid?

Jimmee1990
19th January 2012, 06:26 PM
Fitted up my brand new kouki trueno bumper, and changed my alignment around a bit.

hachi_dk
24th January 2012, 09:30 PM
vacuumed and washed my 86 and jzx100

regginblack
24th January 2012, 10:33 PM
vacuumed and washed my 86 and jzx100

Your such a freaking boss. I want a chaser so bad!!

hachi_dk
24th January 2012, 11:29 PM
its for sale haha! make me an offer

ONCHRG
25th January 2012, 02:56 AM
I'll give you $12 and an unlimited amount of peanuts up to the value of $1256.

hachi_dk
25th January 2012, 04:32 PM
interesting offer... id be inclined to say yes if i was an elephant.

regginblack
28th January 2012, 12:20 PM
need moar money...

dove grey 64
28th January 2012, 12:24 PM
swapped pins in my clutch master, bought some lock nuts for my watanabes. decided i'll put up my euro's tail lights for sale

shortround
28th January 2012, 12:31 PM
Rebuilt my distributor using the awesome guide from Andrew/assassin10000 ---> http://www.aeu86.org/index/engine-diy-4age-distributor-rebuild_/cat/9/topic=4156/post=74211

dove grey 64
28th January 2012, 06:01 PM
just came back from a mt donna buang run without clutch issues, love 86's =)

Slimer86
28th January 2012, 06:17 PM
Cleaned up garage,got wheel alignment and new ball joints and tie rod ends fitted.still feels the same to drive. Like a go-kart minus the knocking.
Also paid for some fc calipers for brake upgrade and a new radiator.

stahlz_ae86
28th January 2012, 09:56 PM
Towed AE71 up to winton and flogged the crap out of it again :)

dove grey 64
31st January 2012, 05:33 PM
new windscreen today, thanks racv

shift_rook
31st January 2012, 06:30 PM
Spent 8 hours doing valve changes on the 86, feelin gooooood, only some small fine tuning now.

dove grey 64
1st February 2012, 07:50 PM
^^ take me for a spin, i assume your talking about suspension valves yeah? not cyl head?

malk234
1st February 2012, 08:16 PM
I finnally got the CH rego and took it for a short drive !
(dont have insurance yet :O )

Panda BVB700
1st February 2012, 10:44 PM
finally drove the corolla to work and back for the first time, which reminds me filip ill have to message you tomorrow morning about organising all this rego stuff

KePtrick
1st February 2012, 11:20 PM
Everyone's, well most are putting alot of love into their rides :D, while i'm beating my work wags (ae71) to the red between jobs in the hood. Loves it!

dove grey 64
21st February 2012, 07:29 PM
going to spray up my wiper arms for this sundays all japan day, who's coming?

dove grey 64
9th April 2012, 02:21 PM
full radiator and heater core flush today,used nulon radiator flush, dont know if it was the best shit around but seemed to do ok, its a non acidic cleaner. heater is hot as and radiator keeping the motor cool. nice

Jimmee1990
10th April 2012, 02:00 PM
In between stuffing my face with chocolate, decided to flare my spare front guard and put it on to replace the one made of bog. Slowly but surely she's starting to look respectable now.

dove grey 64
10th May 2012, 08:11 AM
fitted a ae71 accelerator pedal, moves the pedal about 12mm closer to the brake pedal for easier heal and toe

shaunpierre
10th May 2012, 12:52 PM
adjust my fried wheel bearing so its drivable ... gtr isnt runnin also atm FML

so thrashed the sit out of ke to uni this morn :)

maxhag
11th May 2012, 01:18 AM
Changed the 'Turbo -> manifold' gasket on my 4AGTE... Sounds easy, but it's a bastard of a job - 8 hours. Used the proper Nissan lock nuts this time..... It has been the 3rd time in a year because I had the wrong nuts (haha)

peter_soj
12th May 2012, 12:51 PM
Changed the 'Turbo -> manifold' gasket on my 4AGTE... Sounds easy, but it's a bastard of a job - 8 hours. Used the proper Nissan lock nuts this time..... It has been the 3rd time in a year because I had the wrong nuts (haha)

It does sound easy, but fuck that 8 hours, ESPECIALLY the 3rd time in a year bit lol.

I just spent a couple of hours cleaning about a dozen eggs off my fucking car. Just gave it a full detail about a month ago too.. (clay bar + cut&polish + wax), original paint was mint but the egg mustve been there from early in the night so it took off chunks of paint, fucking pricks.

:shout:

maxhag
13th May 2012, 05:11 AM
haha, yeah..... Why 8 hours? not everything went smoothly, and I have a fucked back, so it takes longer than it used to....

It does sound easy, but fuck that 8 hours, ESPECIALLY the 3rd time in a year bit lol.

I just spent a couple of hours cleaning about a dozen eggs off my fucking car. Just gave it a full detail about a month ago too.. (clay bar + cut&polish + wax), original paint was mint but the egg mustve been there from early in the night so it took off chunks of paint, fucking pricks.

:shout:

dove grey 64
13th May 2012, 08:39 AM

yeah some kid egged my mini drivers door once, when the egg dries/cooks it shrinks back and rips off chunks of your paint. i ended up sticking a racing number to the door

yesterday i sprayed up my side mouldings with black bumper paint and fitting the double sided tape to the backs, would like to have a try fitting them today but its mothers day..

Jimmee1990
19th May 2012, 12:59 PM
Today I looked at it for a while with friends and missed driving it. Driving it round the block in the wet was a great way to start the day :yeah:

ruffpower
19th May 2012, 04:44 PM
I did a bit of work on my ke70 in between the rain showers. Installed new front bumper and indicators. Then put the headlights, grill and side indicators back on. Just need a sunny weekend so I can do some touch up painting above the tail lights where I've cut out the rust.

dove grey 64
20th May 2012, 06:45 PM
picked up a rad overflow bottle from a v6 camry i think at pick a part kilsyth, looks like its going to work as a good stockish looking jdm overflow bottle substitute. will put up pics if it works out tomorrow as planned.
$15 with brackets...

dove grey 64
21st May 2012, 07:50 PM
went together well, no extra holes needed, tiny bit of one bracket cut off underneath. good option for those of us on a budget.
also big thanks to nam for the awesome floor mats he grabbed for me while in japan
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/340417.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/340419.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/340421.jpghttp://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/340423.jpg

dove grey 64
24th May 2012, 08:28 PM
finally got the jdm air box in today, bit more of a job then i thought it would be, charcoal canister was fouling it and also there is a little bracket spot welded to adm 86's that locates the washer/overflow bottles that had to be removed before the jdm box would sit where it should. camry overflow works well with it there too
big thanks to james for hooking me up with the air box
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/343100.jpg

*E7*
24th May 2012, 09:31 PM
looks awesome Geoff, well done

shift_rook
24th May 2012, 09:44 PM
So original! nice work Geoff!

dove grey 64
24th May 2012, 11:05 PM
cheers dave and chris, im really happy with it too. next steps are,
1.try to get cold start back in
2.shockworks suspension
3.quieter exhaust (fujitsubo legalis R)
4.most likely retrim my interior seats

dove grey 64
8th June 2012, 07:31 PM
fitted jdm overflow bottle and the big news, got shockworks suspension :)) more updates on this shortly.

peter_soj
9th June 2012, 01:58 AM
Would be nice if you could give some feedback on how good the shockworks stuff is once you drive with it, might convince me to get some!

Got some achilles atr's (i think, can') fitted to my volks today, 175/65 on 14x7.5, and 185/60 on 14x8's. was gonna fit them today too but can't find my tapered wheels nuts, then it started raining so I gave up, will have a look around in the morning :(

dove grey 64
9th June 2012, 06:44 AM
^^ peter i'll take you for a spin so you can decide yourself =)

DRFTR86
9th June 2012, 11:17 AM
Rwc, rego, plates, lowered it

Havent been around for ages on here, but have quietly been putting away on this after getting rid of my ca 86

This is my old mans daily lol

dove grey 64
9th June 2012, 08:35 PM
pictures tell all. cheers to dave *E7* and chris shiftrook for coming out. new 86 feels really nice to drive
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/8/6/2/356298.jpg

Matt
9th June 2012, 09:42 PM
What handles better?

dove grey 64
9th June 2012, 10:36 PM
hhhhhhmmmmmmmm......... well its hard to compare, old 86 is alot more raw, new 86 feels like a new car, new 86's being a newer car are alot more driver friendly, you have to have good skill with an old 86 to get the most out of it, new 86 is alot more user friendly but we had some mad downhill runs and they are really really impressive, had a 300kw evo X camera chase car that wasnt keeping up through corners.
main thing is they nailed the fun factor and also its the same car you can drive flat out due to its power balance.
like any 86 you could ask for more power but its not a necessity
new 86 gives alot of warning before anything really lets loose.

Matt
9th June 2012, 11:17 PM
Looking forward to seeing the reviews...

Though i guess you are right, you are comparing apples vs oranges and asking people which one is better.

dove grey 64
28th June 2012, 11:07 PM
got cold start back in, got an extra muffler chucked in my exhaust and fitted new leads,plugs and 02 sensor.
pretty happy with it for the moment, wouldnt mind getting a new loom made up, not really happy with the previous owners efforts

Jimmee1990
31st July 2012, 12:50 AM
Got RE002's put on my new wheels, and painted a pair of my old wheels for rears. Polished up my old fujitsubo rear muffler and cusco catch can. Can't wait for my new car to get here, been collecting parts to be ready to all go straight in;)

shortround
31st July 2012, 10:29 AM
I picked up a fresh smallport on Sunday. Going to slap it in next weekend :)

dove grey 64
31st July 2012, 11:14 AM
Got RE002's put on my new wheels, and painted a pair of my old wheels for rears. Polished up my old fujitsubo rear muffler and cusco catch can. Can't wait for my new car to get here, been collecting parts to be ready to all go straight in;)

i heard you got some shock works coilovers too....nice. got any pics of the new one coming in?

Jimmee1990
31st July 2012, 09:21 PM
Yeah he sent me 78 photos(!) on the day of the auction haha. Got a few nice bits and pieces to go in as soon as it's rego'd.

dove grey 64
31st July 2012, 11:10 PM
Yeah he sent me 78 photos(!) on the day of the auction haha. Got a few nice bits and pieces to go in as soon as it's rego'd.
:wub: thats clean, cant wait for it to get here. good things come to those who wait

Slimer86
1st August 2012, 07:37 AM
Got car tuned. 160kw at wheels,with td05-16g twin scroll evo 4 turbo. At a lazy 6,400 rpm.need to fit cams and springs.

willa
1st August 2012, 08:44 AM
Got car tuned. 160kw at wheels,with td05-16g twin scroll evo 4 turbo. At a lazy 6,400 rpm.need to fit cams and springs.

Nice, i just fitted a kinugawa td05-16g to mine, waiting on retune! how much boost?

shift_rook
1st August 2012, 09:38 AM
Fitted my shockworks coilovers, Bride, knuckles, bonnet spacers. Gave engine a service. New box oil, new diff oil. Also got tyres finally thrown on the starsharks the other week. Rears are leaking air through the centres so i'll need to take them back to eastern before i get them on the car dang it.

stahlz_ae86
1st August 2012, 11:22 AM
Fitted my shockworks coilovers, Bride, knuckles, bonnet spacers. Gave engine a service. New box oil, new diff oil. Also got tyres finally thrown on the starsharks the other week. Rears are leaking air through the centres so i'll need to take them back to eastern before i get them on the car dang it.

Just pop the tyres off and run sikaflex bead all the way around the join.

dove grey 64
1st August 2012, 10:31 PM
Just pop the tyres off and run sikaflex bead all the way around the join.

this is true, i've got a fresh tube of sikaflex here too if you need it chris.
AJPS ad. panhard rod came in the mail today, really happy with the quality. next week its off to shockworks for some more suspension development/ tuning :sunnies:

dove grey 64
11th September 2012, 04:14 PM
yesterday got my radiator and heater core flushed out, and as i was driving home the heater core started to leak,took out my heater core , took one hour to remove, re fitting it tomorrow,probly take 2 hours to re fit. c^nt of a job.
flush out cost = $80 new core cost = $106, headache= priceless.
actually managed to get it out without taking off the heater controls, most likey they will get in the way when re fitting.

shammy
11th September 2012, 11:21 PM
rust removal, been doing a few hours every night since i got her deliverd last friday, almost ready for the primer just another hour of sanding : (

dove grey 64
12th September 2012, 04:10 PM
so went to fit the core to the heater box this moring and the core was too large by about 2mm all round the base. got out the dremel and started to muck around trying to get it to fit then got over it and took it back to the radiator joint, their fault and they should fix it.
got it back an hour later and then spent 3 hours putting it all back together. everything works, and my heater is crankingout the heat, just in time for summer :DD

Panda BVB700
13th September 2012, 11:24 PM
motor and trans out after work gtetting redy to put the new silver top and convert it to manual

dove grey 64
14th September 2012, 08:24 AM
motor and trans out after work gtetting redy to put the new silver top and convert it to manual

going to be a nice 71, did you end up finding a 71 pedal box or mod something else?

Panda BVB700
16th September 2012, 12:50 PM
might have got one sorted through kumar or if not ive got another 86 one that ive got lying around so either way it should happen next week, hopefully have it running in the next couple or so if all goes well fingers crossed

shammy
17th September 2012, 08:20 PM
finished rust repair and patch up, now unsure to do handling or engine?

dove grey 64
18th September 2012, 06:49 PM
suspension, whats power without control

shammy
18th September 2012, 11:43 PM
suspension, whats power without control

normally would agree but the sohc is really annoying need to fing a cheap 16v, think i will do suspention until a cheap motor pops up, i really need to get out to a cruise and see what you guys have done, anyone going to the winton thing this weekend?

stahlz_ae86
19th September 2012, 12:17 AM
Handling,
Brakes,
Power...

...is the smartest order to modify a car.

shammy
8th October 2012, 07:19 PM
installed new steering wheel, removed shopping trolly protectors, started sanding the car back for respray

Jimmee1990
8th October 2012, 08:13 PM
If by shopping trolley protectors you mean the side mouldings on the guards, doors and rear quarters I hope you didn't damage them. People pay good money for those lol.

On another note, rego is booked for this wednesday. Can't wait to finally have a decent 86 on the road.

shammy
8th October 2012, 08:34 PM
If by shopping trolley protectors you mean the side mouldings on the guards, doors and rear quarters I hope you didn't damage them. People pay good money for those lol.

On another note, rego is booked for this wednesday. Can't wait to finally have a decent 86 on the road.

Really? i was just gunna chuck them in the bin,

Jimmee1990
9th October 2012, 10:57 PM
Yeah, they're needed mostly when people paint cars panda as it's the mouldings being white rather than an actual white stripe. Or some just like the 80's look of them like me. Rego tomorrow, finally get to drive a car with more than 40rwkw on a good day.

dove grey 64
10th October 2012, 06:18 AM
Really? i was just gunna chuck them in the bin,
i would gladly take them out of your bin. send them my way if you dont need them

shammy
13th October 2012, 02:20 PM
I should have researched that, im painting the 86 panda but took them off as i always thought it was just the panell. lol oh well still should look ok least i will be able to pick her out easy.
Yesturday: Sanding, Today: sanding , tomorrow yep more sanding

dove grey 64
29th October 2012, 07:01 AM
fitted side mouldings, had to spray them white because the main door ones had shrunk over time and this would stick out more if i had left them black.
still looks nice but could be better.
stuff on the to do list before classic japan: spray sills black and fit front lip

shammy
30th October 2012, 09:24 PM
ae86 half in primer (well the passenger side and half the wing) , run out of paint, have to fix the motor bike to sell before i can get back to painting : (

Jimmee1990
4th November 2012, 02:21 PM
Scared the crap out of some MG's on a car club run today, and watched my 82 year old grandpa doing skids in his smallport powered one haha.

DR86FT
4th November 2012, 05:34 PM
Tried my sisters wheels on to try work out what size I can fit 27381

Slimer86
4th November 2012, 06:16 PM
Pajero master cylinder fitted,bent and endformed new brake feed lines too. Stops a bit better than the clapped out leaking adm one,but pedal feel is maybe a little too firm

dove grey 64
4th November 2012, 09:02 PM
Tried my sisters wheels on to try work out what size I can fit 27381
full face lights ftw, i cant believe i used to hate them

dove grey 64
5th November 2012, 06:56 PM
fitted zenki lip to my front bar today, screws from underneath and a fit bit of sikaflex. going to leave it to set overnight and re fit the bumper tomorrow.
getting close to classic japan now =)

shammy
16th December 2012, 10:16 PM
dropped the fuel tank to day, think my sprinter has been sitting in a barn the amount of straw that was hidden above it, good news was there was no rust, now im on holidays so just need to disconnect the gear box and the 4ac will be lifted out, im chasing an engine though , so any 16v 20v or gZe hit me up i dont care if its fwd or been sitting pm me guys, hope to have her done before matsuri next year

shammy
16th December 2012, 10:17 PM
oh and as per the pic since last up date has been painted panda

LEVIN86
18th December 2012, 12:57 AM
the radio in my AE86 was playing up and would work when it wanted to...so changed it over for another one =P

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/5/6/410462.jpg

dove grey 64
18th December 2012, 08:48 AM
love that your still rocking the oem cassette deck, i wanted to do this. got any mix tapes?

LEVIN86
18th December 2012, 09:22 AM
Haha I love it =P

Nah no Cass-singles or anything...should get some tapes happening

Panda BVB700
22nd December 2012, 05:57 PM
havent really been doing alot on the corolla until the other day got all the suspesion changed over from the 86 and most of the wiring is in place hopefully get it running over the xmas break but chances are it might not happen lookin pretty good now hope the motor is all good aswell cant really wait to drive it just gotta get organised

shammy
23rd December 2012, 06:11 PM
started striping the 4age, getting ready to rebuild, but going to be delayed as the bloody ute did a clutchand thats the daily : (

shammy
24th February 2013, 05:00 PM
pulled the 4ac out , just waiting on a couple of parts before the 4age can go in,

stahlz_ae86
24th February 2013, 08:09 PM
Spent 2.5 hours cleaning 4AGE parts in the kero bath today for my pano engine, dissected cam data from wade website last night and worked out what to get. What they quote as a 220 @ .050 seems to be a 267 so that should still work on stock computer and adjustable cam pulleys. Then started chopping centres out of T18 steelies for the custom rims for the TE71 GT after kero bath time today.

johnnyboy_84
24th February 2013, 08:36 PM
Pulled off front fenders, bonnet, 4k and 4 Spd to make way for new power plant when it comes. In the meanwhile seam welding and rust removal. Track build in progress finally.

dove grey 64
25th February 2013, 05:51 PM
fitted bride fixed back to ae86, took it for a spin.
hacked up tape deck surround to fit a cd player to the ke70 wagon (so much mucking around, so straight forward in a ae86....)

rthy
25th February 2013, 05:55 PM
put in ae86 trd blue pads in the 71, compared to the ferodo zeros... the car stops now :)

willa
25th February 2013, 08:49 PM
put in ae86 trd blue pads in the 71, compared to the ferodo zeros... the car stops now :)

Did you get them new? If so how much?

ae86
19th March 2013, 10:05 PM
finally got my engine back <3
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/8/506115.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/8/506116.jpg
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/8/506117.jpg

rthy
19th March 2013, 10:17 PM
what you get down to it?

Did you get them new? If so how much?
nah found them in the backyard

ae86
19th March 2013, 10:31 PM
new bearings and rings,
decked and honed
acid dipped
head was ported and flowed
bottom end balanced and strength tested
probably more ive forgotten havent looked at the invoice

Jimmee1990
21st March 2013, 06:54 PM
Out of curiousity, did they give you any flow figures for the head?

shammy
21st March 2013, 06:59 PM
put the 4age in , give it till the end of april and there will be a new ae86 on the border

DR86FT
21st March 2013, 11:47 PM
Finished w55 crossmember, put Cusco engine mounts in , put new jdm harmonic balancer on

Jimmee1990
23rd March 2013, 04:09 PM
Finished dialling my new cams in, along with toda cam gears and belt. Can't wait till they finish running in so I can see how it goes!

dove grey 64
23rd March 2013, 07:56 PM
Finished dialling my new cams in, along with toda cam gears and belt. Can't wait till they finish running in so I can see how it goes!
must take me for a spin when its all run in.
i fitted some pioneer TS-X25 speakers to my rear parcel shelf for some extra 80's style goodness

shammy
23rd March 2013, 11:54 PM
plumbed thermostat + radiator, installed acc cable, just need starter motor then comes the dredded WIRING, if anyone up north vic has any exp hit me up, have another mate hopefully going to hook me up with full jdm loom + dash loom aparently thats heaps easier?

Panda BVB700
28th March 2013, 06:03 PM
finally got it running again after about a 6 month sleep seems to be abit fresher than the last 1 i had in the sprinter so all going well will be driving this thing next week sometime :)

dove grey 64
11th April 2013, 08:34 PM
Fitted ma61 seats to the k sev wagon today. Bit more picking around getting them to fit but happy with the result. Looks factory. Needless to say a great improvement over stock whilst still looking in place with the age of the car.

burcoty
13th April 2013, 12:20 AM
Got tyres fitted to the new rims
http://img.tapatalk.com/d/13/04/12/4uva5e9e.jpg
also touched base with the painter. Assures me that it's slotted in for next week so any luck I'll have it on the road within the month...

dove grey 64
13th April 2013, 11:05 AM
Sweet. Was wondering what's happening with your ride. Driven past dt panels a few times but have nots seen it around

burcoty
14th April 2013, 06:24 AM
I didn't have all parts so I didn't pressure him. As a result it got chucked on the back burner and sat in his storage for a while whilst he caught up with the backlog he ended up with after going to Japan.
I'm not overly fussed though 'cause I have no storage and wouldn't have been able to finish it b4 now anyway.
I still haven't decided which bucket sests I'm putting in it yet though...

dove grey 64
14th April 2013, 01:46 PM
Velo or sparco are a well priced/performing seat.

Jimmee1990
22nd April 2013, 09:44 PM
I would suggest Sparco, I have one and it's fantastic. Velo gp90's are excellent too. Gave it a wash, and played around more with the cam gears and prepping my new headers to be painted.

john84ie
22nd April 2013, 10:23 PM
picked up my new suspension,opened and was happy

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/0/2/507237.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/john84ie/media/DD507E6C-1E83-4524-B648-3EDC572EDA67-2252-000002EE06887B9D_zpsc5d94e74.jpg.html)
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/3/0/2/507238.jpg (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/john84ie/media/F11A451A-D933-4613-A8A0-5F7BAB8F4CCB-2252-000002EE249E6259_zps1909d006.jpg.html)

then spent about 10 minutes in the garage thinking will i start stripping the front end and swopping coilovers...decided cbf today so went back in the house to chill on the couch

dove grey 64
22nd April 2013, 10:40 PM
86 was running pretty good after adjusting idle screw/throttle stop, decided to reset tps as it was lingering a bit, made everything worse again.
if i touch the throttle even 1mm it just goes from 500rpm to 1100rpm up and down over and over, but past that initial 1mm travel its perfect, its not a dodgy tps as i've tried 3 diff ones to be sure.
#86 life.
taking the ksev wagon tomorrow, cant be f'd with the 86 at the moment :gah:

dove grey 64
23rd April 2013, 10:55 PM
Well took the wags to work and ran out of petrol on the way down.had to jog 4km round trip to the servo . FML . Lol

dove grey 64
11th May 2013, 10:49 PM
Got a 200 cell metal cat fitted today at croydon exhaust fix, been wanting to get one for ages as not having one is the only thing I could get defected for.
Going back in two weeks to get them to remake the rest of the exhaust.dude knows his shit and is cheap as

RobertoX
20th May 2013, 08:36 PM
Drove my KE today... so good to be driving around after sitting in my garage for a year and a half! wet roads, 4age and 2-way... so much fun :D

Geoff, I know what you mean about the idle. I had so many problems getting my 86 to idle smoothly for the RWC... I eventually got it but it was a constant cycle of adjusting the idle and then adjusting the TPS over again. Drove me nuts!

sam92
20th May 2013, 08:51 PM
First drive is always the best feeling :)

I had a RDO today and my mrs had the day off and has never seen snow before so we jumped in the ke and went up to falls creek for a look just for something to do and kill 6 hours haha was a fun drive as it always is in the corolla.

Got pulled over in one of the alpine towns thought I was gunna get bummed, Just a random breath test though I don't think vic cops can defect a nsw car can they? The officer was eying off the cage but didn't say a word

rthy
25th May 2013, 10:17 PM
tried to do a burnout, but couldn't get the 155/80r13's to light up :(

stahlz_ae86
25th May 2013, 11:28 PM
Try again tomorrow, roll back style.

dove grey 64
26th May 2013, 12:29 AM
dirt road leo.
didnt have time to sort out the exhaust, will tackle it again next sat. anybody have pics of the group A secondaries? i remember seeing a pic on here once showing them. might get some made up :DD
also sand blasted and sprayed up wiper arms.
might re trim my seats gtv seats shortly too.

burcoty
29th May 2013, 01:07 PM
Sooo...
Today I did bits and pieces to my track hack...
recently bought the microtech tuning software and dongle ($130) with the idea that I could plug it into my lt8 ecu and set it up to run COP's.
After mucking around for an hour or so to no end I end up ringing microtech directly and get told that I have to send the ecu back for a hardware reconfiguration @ $160. bleh :(

As for my Daily..
well It's still @ the paint shop and this is the third time it's being repainted because the painter got the lines wrong. even so It's still not going to be right but I've run out of time and patience.
End result I'll take it and it'll look alright from a distance but eventually I'll get it redone by someone who can do the lines accurately and how I want.. freehand or not straight lines need to be straight.
Once the paint is done there's only a few minor things left to buy (ordering this week) and I'll have everything I need to put it back together.

After all the troubles I'm running into lately I've seriously considered selling everything up and giving up, buying a 180 or somethin.
But my love for these has won out till now so with any luck things will pick up and move forward.

/end rant, thanks for reading
Tyrone

dove grey 64
29th May 2013, 07:23 PM
shit, in regards to the ecu..... i hate ecu's and vehicle electrics in general so thats why any mods i do motor wise always have to be within the stock ecu's limits. so many people i know always have issues with aftermarket stuff, either that or they are constantly getting new stuff tuned for more HP and the cost goes on and on.
paintwork wise, i would've thought if any panelshop could get panda lines right it would've been vu's. really surprised about that.
i'm getting from factory they would have had a masking up stencil.
i know a beater/painter thats really good, he's not cheap but he knows his shit and anyless then 100% isnt good enough. pm me if you want some details

dove grey 64
2nd June 2013, 07:28 PM
Got exhaust finished, f'n love it. Still throaty when reving with zero droning while driving along. My fuel economy improved too. Now 30l gets 430km's.
He used a non baffled rear muffler to keep the flow right, motor now feels better down low. Getting secondaries made next time.
Next up try work out why my "modified for efi" fuel tank surges with 10l or less in the tank.
Oh yeah my gtv drivers seat rail snapped, tig welded it back together, reassembled seat, went to re fit and then the actual seat base mounting hole where the rail fixes to the seat base snapped. Dismantle and try again, luckily have spare seats I can use parts from.
Have been using my bride fixed back for the last few days and while good for track its shit for daily use. Lucky shockworks is good.....

dove grey 64
14th June 2013, 10:03 PM
Picked up a pair of re001s today, going ti be a sad day tomorrow, saying goodbye to my 11yr old Yokohama a539's. They served me well. Still have over 80% tread, just to hairy to use in the wet
< soft cock

d1staz
14th June 2013, 10:24 PM
Damn, 11 years old and still has 80% tread! That has to be some kind of record. I finally found the reason my 7age was running on three cylinders.
Replaced them all for good measure and gave it a tune and I can't stop smiling!

burcoty
15th June 2013, 12:14 AM
Picked up a pair of re001s today, going ti be a sad day tomorrow, saying goodbye to my 11yr old Yokohama a539's. They served me well. Still have over 80% tread, just to hairy to use in the wet
< soft cock

I'll take those a539's for skidders on the track hack if you don't want em.

And yeah as far as paint is concerned I'm gutted. But I will leave it be for now and just take what he gives me.
I will not rag him though. As far as straight colours go he does excellent work for a reasonable price. Just don't ask for complex (or simple for that matter) lines/2 tones.

Got my ecu back for the track hack today re setup for multi coils.
Gonna finish up the wiring and then off to an auto elec/ tuner to double check my wiring and get the thing running. Shortly followed by many skids!

Hopefully Vu will have my car ready this week so I can start re-assembly.
Only thing left to di is have the brake master cylinder rebuilt but thats $350 I don't have this week after hitting a pole in the daily being a dick and subsequently having to dish out 2k for repairs.

dove grey 64
15th June 2013, 11:08 PM
Damn, 11 years old and still has 80% tread! That has to be some kind of record. I finally found the reason my 7age was running on three cylinders.
Replaced them all for good measure and gave it a tune and I can't stop smiling!
good to hear thats sorted, hopefully now you can just enjoy driving the thing.
only 7a related thing i've driven is nams 20v7ag. how does it feel?
the tires only lived for that long because they spent 10 years of their life in a garage.
i'll still hang onto them for a spare set of rims, wouldnt mind some ssr formula mesh one day, some nice ones up for sale at the moment for $600 that have been teasing me.....

d1staz
16th June 2013, 12:03 AM
Not much of a power gain but so much more torque. For what I spent it was easily worth it. Crossing my fingers nothing else goes wrong for at least 6 months so I get time to enjoy it. Are you going to coffee n donuts tomorrow?

dove grey 64
16th June 2013, 10:06 AM
No doughnuts for me, back onto house Reno's. Took me 3 hours to get re001s on the watas yesterday.... Didn't have the right tools for the job, and yeah tried the flame trick, worked the first time but then contracted and beads popped back off the rim.
Long story short they are on now and feel good.

willa
16th June 2013, 09:58 PM
Got engine back into bay finally.
Nothing hooked up as yet though.

Shift2drift
20th June 2013, 07:45 PM
It took me and my brother 8 months but we got there! First official drive was yestersay ke55 with bigport 4age :) feels good haha :D 28769

Jimmee1990
20th June 2013, 11:37 PM
I had a drive of my uncles old race car that was a KE55 with a 2TG and loved it, would be even better with a 4age. Let me know if you want any tips in getting the rear end setup to grip.

Shift2drift
20th June 2013, 11:39 PM
Will do man but aiming to set it more to the drifting side haha :) street track sorta thing. :D

Jimmee1990
20th June 2013, 11:49 PM
A couple of things would probably help with that also to be honest, make some traction bars that go from the front pivot of the leaf spring and bolt to the bottom of the diff housing where it mounts to the leaf with rose joints either end, stops the leaves tramping.

On another note, god I love seeing HSV's dissappear in the rear view mirror through the hills.

Shift2drift
21st June 2013, 09:10 AM
Thanks for the tip man, got to try this and see how I go :D

Haha that would be a awesome feeling

dove grey 64
21st June 2013, 07:30 PM
1.6 baby!
Have fun towing your boat

dove grey 64
21st June 2013, 08:03 PM
Received my whitelines and houki parkers in the mail today. Stoked. They are a bit faded so i'll restore them before fitting. Not looking forward to drilling the number plate lights. Anyone have a kouki rear bar for sale?

Shift2drift
21st June 2013, 09:50 PM
Haha my boat lol

blinded
21st June 2013, 10:53 PM
Didn't really work on my car, but I did put 32ft of fluro tubes in my garage! having light to work on a car is amazing!

Tomorrows task, remove engine and gear box.

Jimmee1990
24th June 2013, 11:56 PM
Went to put all the nolathane I bought into the car, flagged 'cause too cold so went for a drive with the heater on instead :)

ChrisBest
27th June 2013, 02:23 AM
Cleaned up the boot area; removed little bits of rust and dirt and painted black. Looks a thousand times better. Also, more importantly the car took its first breath in about six months. Although technically all this was yesterday a heap of shit got done. Chasing coilovers.

Flush-on-15s
30th June 2013, 08:37 PM
gave my ae71 a all out clean looks great, changed the plugs & leads and gave it some new oil :3

shammy
5th July 2013, 10:00 PM
yesterday me n Casey_G got my ae86 running only to discover there was a coolant leak and a vaccunme leak, so today found what I belived was the cause of the leak (missing the lower bolt of the water pump)- fixed thanks to the good old spare part 4ac, made up a custom plate to block off lower section of the throttle body, ordered a adapter plate for the fuel regulator (thanks to the guys at RAPID wodonga) and replaced the thermostat for good messure ; )

Shift2drift
6th July 2013, 12:44 PM
Got my diff welded on my ke55 lol!

Slimer86
12th July 2013, 01:56 PM
Spent an afternoon fixing exhaust leaks and knocks against the pan hard rod. Also modified my inner guard's and bumper with a heat gun for more clearance

dove grey 64
12th July 2013, 09:58 PM
Fitted black side moulds donated by terry *big thanks*
Fitted parcel shelf mounts without speakers as I'm rocking some pioneer tsx25's now on my parcel shelf for more old school credit. Scored them from hard rubbish believe it or not.

Jimmee1990
13th July 2013, 11:06 AM
Changed all the fluids, took me about 30mins to get the oil filter off because I have p/s and a/c and left my claw tool at work and not enough room for the screw driver trick. Changed the gearbox and diff oils from Castrol to Penrite and it seems much happier now. Measured up where I'm going to have to cut the radiator support to run the lines for the oil cooler and dummy mounted it all, didn't really want to cut this shell but looks like I'll have to. Also changed the castor bushes to Nolathane. Played around with the cam gears some more too, seems to get a little faster with every change.

Went for a drive, feels like a new car again.

hachirusto
13th July 2013, 04:47 PM
Finally change my rear wheels, had some simmons V4s that decided to thread them selves on to the studs and would not come off, some light kicking finally got the job done, got to try out my ryobi rattle gun, worked the treat as well.

burcoty
15th July 2013, 11:48 PM
Well here's a lil update for me.
Spent the last couple of weekends working on the track hack to get it ready to ship off to a tuner/auto-elec. All the wiring is done and ready to be checked. In test mode on the microtech the cop's and injectors fire as they should. Unfortunately it appears there's a timming issue as I could only make it fire by turning the dizzy 90º from where it needs to be. Tried 180º and no good.
Just gonna leave it up to them to figure out out and pray I don't get reamed :S
Also did other little things like installing new cusco engine mounts and mounting up the throttle cable because its not an 86 one and wasn't bolted up when I got it.
I'll stick some pics up a lil later as I don't have any atm :)

Road car is back home but far from finished. Still waiting on bumpers, side moulds and various surrounds.
Other than now having it moved into the temp shed, I haven't touched it. Mainly because I wasn't motivated due to the paintjob. I'll upload pics and update my build threads in the next few days with that.
Basically tho I'll be starting re-assembly as of tomorrow or Thursday depending how much time I have. Hoping to have it ready for a rwc in about 3 weeks but honestly there is so much to be done and I'm pretty poor atm both cash and time wise.

On that note hope you boyz enjoyed your weekend, hopefully I'll be able to come out and join some of the meets in the next coupla months ^_^

Tyrone.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Motorculture mobile app

dove grey 64
16th July 2013, 11:20 PM
good to see the project is still rolling, why the 3 week rush? take your time.

lubed up accel cable and clutch pedal. massive difference, actually feels more like a modern car hah.
i've been using this crc with teflon coating stuff in the accel cable works awesome for a few months then goes back to being normal.
anybody else have any success with any other longer lasting methods for a heavy/sticky accel cable?

burcoty
17th July 2013, 12:26 AM
Graphite if you can get it in there will last longer...
And 3 weeks because I've promised to give the impreza to my ex ages ago because I was expecting to have the 86 finished by May not August and she's been pressuring me to fulfill that promise now that she has her license which means I need the 86 finished to use.
Realistically tho I should just about have everything I need, just the brake master needs reco'd and a new heater core or mine repaired.
So pretty much I just have to re-assemble the car.
If I wasn't working it'd be done by the end of the week :/

DR86FT
17th July 2013, 12:38 AM
I'm upto flaring my fuel lines 37 degrees, but don't have a 37 degree flaring tool, I made a 37 degree yoke (dunno what it's correct name is) to fit my flaring tool. Now just need to make something to clamp the pipe and flare against at 37 degrees,

Anyone flared their own pipes?

willa
17th July 2013, 10:37 PM
Put it on the trailer

dove grey 64
17th July 2013, 10:46 PM
sprayed hard to get places with fish oil and lubed up all hinges and strikers with dry lube.
also got full comp insurance with shannons.

burcoty
17th July 2013, 11:31 PM
How much is your insurance and excess?

dove grey 64
18th July 2013, 08:03 AM
just over $700 per year premium for an agreed value of 12k and excess is about $500.

d1staz
18th July 2013, 08:24 AM
Damn, I was quoted over a grand with a lower agreed value. Ended up going with just cars.

dove grey 64
18th July 2013, 06:56 PM
So many variables for insurance costs, could've gone for 15k agreed value but then premium was about 1k so I dropped it back to what a jdm ae86 would roughly cost as a replacement if my car was written off, do have salvage rights which is a bonus too

IHeartMosh
18th July 2013, 09:02 PM
Piglet pipe 28971

Jimmee1990
19th July 2013, 12:33 AM
I had something like that once, really hurts when you walk around the back of the car and you're not paying attention haha.

Made a huge list of everything I want from RHDjapan, tax money come at me!

burcoty
19th July 2013, 01:09 AM
Fitted up the jdm body harness after work.
Also cleaned the rust off the dash brace thing and hit it with etch primer.

Its annoying tho, seems that everyone wants a piece of my time atm when I just wanna spend every free moment putting this thing back together :/

drift kid
19th July 2013, 09:43 AM
Primed bumper/bonet this week

dove grey 64
19th July 2013, 09:56 PM
Got my passenger side bumper indicator smashed today by a stone flicked up by the car in front. Good times

rthy
19th July 2013, 11:04 PM
dang

dove grey 64
19th July 2013, 11:07 PM
thinking of getting some climair wind deflectors, anybody running some of these?
its getting hard to find the genuine toyota ones in good condition and you can get a brand new set of climair ones for $160 delivered, they come from the uk.
28976 28977
http://i48.tinypic.com/j6sjvb.jpg

burcoty
19th July 2013, 11:23 PM
thinking of getting some climair wind deflectors, anybody running some of these?
its getting hard to find the genuine toyota ones in good condition and you can get a brand new set of climair ones for $160 delivered, they come from the uk.

If you decide to go ahead, pm me your bank deets and i'll send ya some monies to get me a set as well ^_^

Spoke to maztech today and I'll be taking the track car down there next week some time to get it running and tuned.

Started pulling out all the parts I've been amassing over the past year for the road car out from all the little hidey holes I've had it stashed in.
Dropped the master cylinder off to be rebuilt.
And got a heap of quotes for a 6.5mx9m garage to be built ;)
Unfortunately not much actual work got done though.

On a side note, it's looking as tho tbe car will almost certainly have to be repainted again as ive found a heap of over spray (not even the same color as my car) under the clear :/

dove grey 64
19th July 2013, 11:42 PM
sounds like a group buy might be in order if there is more interest shown, will send them a email and see if there is any chance of a discount.
personally i like the look of the climair deflectors more then the factory items, but i stock the stock ones because they are a factory part.

burcoty
21st July 2013, 01:31 PM
Got a few things done yesterday..
Mainly cleaned up and painted the engine block. Minimal overspray so I'm pretty happy with the result :)

Also cleaned up and painted other bolt on accessories such as the harmonic balancer, rear cam cover, water pump etc.

Put the t-series diff back together. Missing 2 caliper bolts do I'll have to go scavenge some off an '82 or somethin.

Slowly comin together ^_^

drift kid
22nd July 2013, 10:20 AM
Probably be keen on some of those visors

KurtHS
22nd July 2013, 03:50 PM
I'm definitely keen on those visors! %100

dove grey 64
22nd July 2013, 09:25 PM
all good,sent through a email asking about bulk buying/shipping rates. will keep you posted.
so my drivers side axle seals been leaking lately and i guess im getting low on diff oil because my diff was howling today.
got the seal, need oil. will get shift rook to give me a hand changing it over, so handy having a mate that has
A: sound knowledge and enthusiasm to automotive related things
B a hoist and living walking distance from my house.
also checked out a ae92 sx corolla that was going for $800. no go. you could tell it had never been cared for.

dove grey 64
23rd July 2013, 11:47 AM
ok got a reply, they are happyto combine postage and make product discounts but i need to tell them how many sets to order, and also they have two types, a light grey type that is ready to ship or a dark smoked 'sports type' that take 3 weeks to order.
i'd be happy with the standard type.
i'll update this with a pic later of the two types, currently at work.
i'll get onto moving this into the group buys section too, one thing, i wont be taking orders for them unless payment is made in full.
so far i think the 100% keen people are tyrone,kurt and myself, ben if your keen let me know.

burcoty
23rd July 2013, 11:52 AM
Yep keen.

drift kid
23rd July 2013, 01:00 PM
Yeah man count me in

d1staz
23rd July 2013, 01:05 PM
I'm also keen Geoff.

burcoty
23rd July 2013, 02:02 PM
Spent a few hours today refitting intake manifold and swapping rear water outlet for rwd item. Also sprayed up engine x-member that suits power steering rack.
Will lift the car up and install shockworks coils and X-member on Thursday hopefully... then friday will probably drop the engine in and Saturday I'll install rear coils and t-series. Will see how we go, but thats the general plan :)

KurtHS
23rd July 2013, 09:22 PM
I'm keen Geoff I just want to see the difference between the two types, I'm leaning towards the smoked type from the sound of it.

dove grey 64
24th July 2013, 12:11 AM
changed axle seal, filled up diff with new penrite oil and still howling =(
anybody have some 4.1's for a t series? PLEASE