PDA

View Full Version : SR20DE turbo install

ae71_drifter
30th May 2009, 01:55 PM
I've got an s14 n/a donk sitting between the struts of my 71 and a T28strapped in for good measure.
But now its time to plumb the turbo for water and oil, how have people done this before with a good outcome, and also is there anything to avoid doing?

Thanks
Razz

Hokey
31st May 2009, 01:39 AM
do a bit of reading mate. best place to look is simon's ke thread in the ke members sectionl. you can't miss it.

Simon-KE70
1st June 2009, 08:36 AM
yeah read my thread. i've done it all and taken pics of it along the way.

basically to do it properly the sump needs to come off, a large drill and tap needs to be run thro the blank section of the block where the oil return would go. reason sump needs to come off is that you need to get all the alloy filings out. once thats tapped fit a barbed fitting.

oil feed i ran a T piece off the oil pressure switch. water lines i took from the two heater hoses and then ran them around the back of the motor.

all worked very well... there are other ways of doing it, some which are dodgy, so i really wouldnt recommend it.

the oil feed can be taken from the normal position that a SR20DET gets it from, but that also needs to be drilled and tapped. and catching filings is a lot harder. if you started with a bare block and rebuilding, it would be the way to go for sure.

ae71_drifter
2nd June 2009, 11:05 PM
Good stuff mate, this will probably be the way ill do it.
What material do i make the lines out of? And also what way did you run the oil line from the other side of the block?

Thanks
Razz

Simon-KE70
2nd June 2009, 11:20 PM
i made up a braided line and ran it behind the back of the motor. for water i just used high temp oil/water proof hose.