PDA

View Full Version : Car won't start / Trying to knock things of list/ Can someone check something for me that has ADAPTRONIC

GOT-20V
1st December 2011, 12:33 PM
Hi,

Randomnly my 20V BT wouldn't start, the last time i drove it when i turned the key it took 3 times to start. Never done that before. Then Next time it just won't start, fuel pump isn't priming. Only life is starter motor cranking..

I can't remember but when the car is on the adaptronic has 3 lights and the green one is on when the engine runs? Can someone check that if the car has the key turned to ACC that if any of those lights come on? Because none of my lights on my ecu are coming on.

Thanks..

willa
1st December 2011, 01:32 PM
What ecu model do you have mate? I can check tonight for you on mine.

Will.

GOT-20V
1st December 2011, 05:37 PM
Thanks mate, there is 4 lights on it. 2 red top ones & green yellow bottom. Can you check if any of them come on before the car is started?

LittleRedSpirit
1st December 2011, 05:47 PM
The adaptronic forum is very good, go there for diagnostic advice. Then its all in one place, plus they look after people really well and replace ecus if they are damaged for reasonable prices.

GOT-20V
1st December 2011, 07:16 PM
Thanks mate, will check on that forum. Hoping it's not an ecu problem but :/

biggo
10th December 2011, 07:53 AM
With acc on no lights show. Key on should have all leds on and fuel pump should prime. Give the ecu a sniff for burnt plastic.

hachi_dk
13th December 2011, 02:38 PM
My bros 86 is doing the exact same thing. Its the ecu, we havnt figured out what is wrong with it yet though

dtour
14th December 2011, 11:10 AM
Upgrade the firmware on the ecu and reload the ecu file. I had a similar problem at one stage and that's how I fixed mine.

GOT-20V
16th December 2011, 04:07 PM
Is that something adaptronic do? Will it reset the tune?

Car is at an auto electrician now, with it most likely looking it could be a ecu problem.