View Full Version : Tuning Freedom ECUs??

4A-GE Power
31st May 2009, 04:28 PM
Hi all,

I've got a gze with a T28 running a Freedom ECU, however i think it's in need of a tune. Anyone know who can tune Freedom computers in Adelaide??

Cheers Dan

FAST EDDIE
31st May 2009, 05:10 PM
wat is a freedom ecu i saw this in the forsale thread?

ae86hachiroku
31st May 2009, 05:16 PM
Japanese ECU all in Japanese language.

And pretty much only makes ECU's for 4AG. A headfuck in Australia I believe.

4A-GE Power
31st May 2009, 05:24 PM
I knew tuning it would be hard as they are quite rare in Aus i believe, but maybe something knows a bit about them??

ae86hachiroku
31st May 2009, 05:26 PM
If you can get it all translated I don't think it'd be a problem for any regular tuner. It's just that barrier you need to get past.

PeakingDuck
31st May 2009, 06:23 PM
I only know of a few place's in Sydney that tune's them.

James86
31st May 2009, 06:50 PM
change to microtech

4A-GE Power
31st May 2009, 06:54 PM
How much?? What type??

.ady
31st May 2009, 07:19 PM
sorry to hijack the thread but does anyone know who tunes in melbourne? i heard status tunning might be able to but yea......aren't most ecu's in jap?

PeakingDuck
31st May 2009, 09:03 PM
Contact www.japanesemotorsport.com.au see if they can tune your freedom.

If you don't have the software you can get it from here: http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h130287492

Otherwise sell the freedom and buy a local ecu, I think Anthony@Kaizen Garage sell Adaptronic's which are a good value/quality local ecu.

Adaptronic Features: http://www.adaptronic.com.au/products-e420c.php#Models

4A-GE Power
31st May 2009, 10:10 PM
i'll give JMS a call tomorrow and see wat they can do

PeakingDuck
31st May 2009, 10:18 PM
Cool, let us know how you go mate.

James86
1st June 2009, 08:24 PM
How much?? What type??

http://www.microtech-efi.com/index-2.html

if it were my car id change to a microtech, cheap, simple ECU. Lots of workshops in SA tune them, ive never had any issues with them, dont know anyone whos had issues with them.

you'd be looking at a LT-10s, prices and info are on the site.

FAST EDDIE
2nd June 2009, 08:31 PM
about 1500 depending

FAST EDDIE
2nd June 2009, 08:41 PM
ill sellu mine with loom already has a tune for 4agte, if ur rinning dizzy setup!!

4A-GE Power
2nd June 2009, 09:42 PM
Im running standard dizzy. I'll have to sell the freedom one first to have some money!! How much you after?

FAST EDDIE
2nd June 2009, 10:22 PM

sundee
3rd June 2009, 12:42 AM
change to microtech

or u could not, dude their has to be an asian tuner around your area. if u were in sydney i could prolly point u in the right direction. apparently their not that hard to work and are an awsome ECU. their has to be a jap tuning shop in SA

sun_moon
3rd June 2009, 12:54 AM
lol japanese and chinese are different languages, even tho japanese uses some chinese characters. japanese will have katakana and hiragana as well as kanjis.

not to mention the fact that japanese and chinese readings do not always interchange between languages....

for example, in mandarin 小心 (xiao xin), if a japanese read it, it would literally mean "little heart", way different to its meaning in mandarin.

just a note to be careful etc.

hope all goes well and u can get it tuned.

Big_Ant
3rd June 2009, 12:57 AM
let us know how u go mate, black coupe on here has a freedom in his from when it came in from japan and he is trying to find someone in qld to do it aswell.

James86
3rd June 2009, 02:07 AM
or u could not, dude their has to be an asian tuner around your area. if u were in sydney i could prolly point u in the right direction. apparently their not that hard to work and are an awsome ECU. their has to be a jap tuning shop in SA

or save the time and money he'll spend trying to get it working and put it towards a microtech, then have peace of mind that there are multiple options of tuners, on going tech support from microtech etc etc.

4A-GE Power
3rd June 2009, 06:57 PM
It runs okay but idles shit and runs rich. I'll keep searching for a tuner as there has to be someone

4A-GE Power
4th June 2009, 11:06 AM
Morpowa said it wouldn't be a good idea to tune it because the cost would just blow out, same with JMS. Recommended a Haltech, Autronic or a Motec. Didn't recommend Microtech as their tuning is too coarse.

Anyone selling any of these ECU's with a loom?? Doesn't need to have a tune for a 4AGTE.