View Full Version : Razorback ecu install

davidgarratt
11th December 2011, 06:58 PM
CAR - Adm ae86
MOTOR - bigport 4age
USE -
PROBLEM/QUESTION - won't start
OCCURS/STARTED WHEN - when I tried to wire up the ecu

Ok I got a razorback ecu  and followed the wiring pinout in the manual, cranked it over and it sounded like it wanted to start for a sec but no. I looked at the tps and it only read 235 open and 244 closed I could only see a place to wire in one of the three wires ( could this be my problem) and I'm using 20v quads and still using the original fuel relay
Any advice would be good
Dave

Hen may possibly be a nut
12th December 2011, 07:45 AM
TPS will be a problem. It needs (at least) three wires to function properly. But that won't stop you from starting (EDIT - must admit I don't know Razorbacks, but I highly doubt a dis-/misconnected TPS would prevent a start).

You're going to have to go through the basics (with a multimeter). Check:
- Does it have spark? Check power to ignitor and coil etc? Is ignition timing about right?
- Does it have fuel? Is the pump running, is there fuel pressure, are the injectors getting power, are they pulsing?
- Have you had the motor apart and played with cam timing etc?
- Check add starter/engine/ignitor/etc earths too. Unlikely, but easy to check and fix.
- Can you connect a laptop to the Razorback and check any diagnostics stuff through it?

trikzlane
12th December 2011, 08:13 AM
i have sam's, mr razorback himself, contact no. if you want it, im sure he can guide you through it as he made the ecu. pm me

davidgarratt
12th December 2011, 12:41 PM
Thanks for the reply Hen I'll check all those and post my findings.

Matt
12th December 2011, 12:49 PM
TPS wiring is 3 wires, but...

1 is signal...
1 is 5v power
1 is earth (I think)

The ecu should have a 5 volt output feed , so wire one of them to the tps...

As the other said TPS shouldn't stop the car from starting.

But as hen said, start by working out if the issue is related to ign/spark or timing or fuel supply.