PDA

View Full Version : Wtb 4age ignitor

hachirusto
20th December 2011, 05:29 PM
Hey guys chasing a 4age ignitor in working order mine has decide to not work after nine months of doing nothing need one pretty soon if in Melbourne even better

Thanks

Matt
20th December 2011, 08:35 PM
Pretty sure I have a smallport one somewhere... Is that what you are after?

I've rarely seen them fail, are you sure it is your ignitor?

hachirusto
20th December 2011, 10:58 PM
Yea was surprised as well went through the tests to check voltage and it's not putting out 12v when u have the ignition is on so only thing I can isolate that could be cause the car not to start

Matt
21st December 2011, 12:08 AM
What do you mean by putting out 12v? Have you bridged the diag terminals and checked for a code?

Sorry to ask so many q's, but i definately have a smallport ingitor blue writing with 89621-12010 if that helps any...

hachirusto
21st December 2011, 07:25 AM
Work shop manual says that if the coil is operating correctly it should be putting out 12v you can check it by connecting up a multi meter and then connecting the white and pink post on the coil plug to a 1.5 v battery , will have to also check what the ecu is through aswell thanks for the feed back .

How much u chasing for the small port one and was it in working order previously ?

Matt
21st December 2011, 08:03 AM
It came with a car i bought which had been converted to 20v but left in the engine bay. I assume it works, but if you want i can ship it to you, you make sure it is ok, and then worry bout paying.

When you test it make sure it is bolted to the bracket and earthed in the engine bay, as the casing itself is the earth for the 4age ignitors.

$wise would be 30 plus postage.

Can express it today.

rthy
21st December 2011, 08:33 AM
i got bigport ones if you want to test (jdm and adm)