PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to the 86 world

jokers_wild3
22nd December 2011, 01:02 PM
I picked up my 84 levin as a project car and after some work she is now road worthy. I traded my beloved r32 for it. I bought it with the sr20det installed she just needed finishing up a bit and the rest of her needed some work as well. So here is a spec list of what the other guy and i have done.

Engine and Drivetrain:
sr20det
t28r turbo @ 1 bar
550 injectors
walbro 255 fuel pump
tubular manifold into full custom exhaust
z32 maf
Tomei ecu
Toyosport fmic
ACT clutch
Wier performance maxgrip lsd kit

Suspension and Brakes:
full poly bushed
Custom coilovers fully adjustable
HEL brake lines
DW Hydro handbrake
Panhard bar (not sure of make)
Front antiroll bar
Camber plates

Exterior and interior:
Watanabe wheels
Cusco full roll cage
Stripped interior
Bride drivers seat, not sure if the passenger is legit or not
battery mounted in back seat area
MCN front and rear 50 mm fenders ( not installed yet but they are sitting in the living room)

Thats all that i can think of at the moment. and here is a list of things that im gonna do in the near future

I want some cams before I tune and dyno it
wider deepdish wheels I'm thinkin 15x9's ( I really need more rubber on the road I cant get grip at full boost in any gear)
Brake upgrade just not sure which route to go
I still need a windscreen but a JDM one is proving difficult to find
And after all is said and done a fresh coat of paint

So thats her if anyone has any suggestions please feel free to comment or any of the parts for my to do list let me know! I'm gonna try and get more pics up but this is the first drift day I had her out in right after i got her down the road!! The track was crazy filthy!!!

bradae85
22nd December 2011, 02:16 PM
Get a wilwood 4pot upgrade if u want good value for money brake upgrade! Best brakes I've ever driven with stops on a dime. That track looks like a mud track not tar seal lol!

But nice looking levin, the uk have some amazing 86s, always seem to be quality builds.

More pics!!