PDA

View Full Version : 230hp/170kw atw NA 2JZ

GROVE
18th January 2012, 11:11 PM
Car - Jza80/mx83

motor / part in question - 2jz-ge

problem -

personal situation -

Just thought I'd post a thread after a friendly discussion with a mate of mine that has an NA 2J in an MX83. Pretty tidy car. I used to own an early NA Supra and with an exhaust I suspect it was making around the 120rwkw mark, however he was explaining that there is plenty of cars getting around at 170rwkw out of the 2JZ-GE? I have had a look around and haven't been able to find much around that power figure, though I have seen the quoted 305hp from YSR Japan - although it has formidable engine work.

So my question is, is it possible to pull 170rwkw out of an NA 2J without NOS or a High comp bottom end?? That seems to me like modified VQ35 territory, an obviously far more modern and efficient engine. Just wondering how capable it really is and could anyone point me towards these cars?

Hen may possibly be a nut
19th January 2012, 02:49 AM
Have a look at this thread (http://www.toymods.org.au/forums/dyno-results/23314-xjz-series-engine-variants.html). Sure, there aren't many NA motors in there, but it seems like 140-150rwkw is possible with very minor mods.

Only other thing I know of NA 2J performance is that a chap named "gianttomato" shoehorned one into an old Corona for a racecar. ITBs, aftermarket ECU and extractors (possibly more too). He said the improvement over stock was very noticeable. Very hazy here, but apparently peak torque was unchanged, but was moved 1000rpm up in the rev range.

Skylar
20th January 2012, 01:27 AM
1uz?

Get mounts off peewee and it'll bolt in.

Profit?

In all seriousness I think your target is achievable but I don't pay attention to na 2jz's so I don't know how much money it'll take, maybe cams exhaust and a tune? Probably more.

70XIN
20th January 2012, 02:49 AM
Just going off my experience, but the local QLD supra club guys get about 170-185rwhp, depending on motor condition and mods (most have exhaust and intake, some have upgraded headers). My girlfriends supra is one of the better ones - it has an intake, 2.5" exhaust, tuned-length headers and an safc2 - it makes something like 198rwhp(?).

I can't see you getting 170rwkw without decent cams AND higher compression (2JZGE is fairly low comp for a 'performance' N/A motor) - as well as an ECU to support it. Unfortunately there's little information past the point of basic boltons - most people just go turbo.

Also, the YSR motor will undoubtedly be claiming flywheel HP/PS, so it will be more likely around the ~240-260rwhp mark.