PDA

View Full Version : modified steering knuckles plz help

_wanna-be_
23rd January 2012, 06:53 AM
Hey guys just chasing some info on how to modifie as i can't find anything any info like measurements, pics, diagrams cheers guys

shift_rook
23rd January 2012, 09:34 AM
Most guys who modify knuckles spend a while figuring out the perfect angles and settings, that's why there's no DIY guide. Also unless you've got a fair bit of welding experience i wouldn't even attempt it. Pay the person that knows

_wanna-be_
23rd January 2012, 10:43 AM
Ohk yh the welding side of thing is no worries as im a boilie just need some pointers on wat i need to do to them

meadan
23rd January 2012, 12:45 PM
I think its the kind of thing people dont want to be giving measurements and calculations away to random people over the net.

As said, If you cant figure out what you need to do, youre most probably not the right person to do it...

Go buy some techno toy steering arms and it will be fine.

Delazy
23rd January 2012, 02:07 PM
Just get jdi knuckles and be done with it..

stahlz_ae86
26th January 2012, 04:05 PM
What are you trying to achieve with the car?
What car is it?
What mods so far?

Piss poor tech Q thread, we're here to help but makes it hard when there's no info given before the question.

_wanna-be_
26th January 2012, 09:44 PM
sorry mate im new to this, my car is ae86 adm,the car is a track only drift car
im trying to find wats going on with my steering because the last time i took it out (1st time driving this car) as soon as i would put is side ways it would b straight on full lock and would wanna spin and as soon as i kick the cluch when side ways to get past lag the car just wants to go in circles so this is a process of alimination
car has only got coilovers atm i have a mate machineing some 50mm rca's for me and have a lock spacer ready to go in

Hen may possibly be a nut
26th January 2012, 10:20 PM
If your problem really is that you spun alot first time out on track then I'd recommend more practice before modified steering arms.

Everyone spins lots to begin with. Learn your car and learn the basics before going and throwing a truck load of parts at the "problem".

_wanna-be_
27th January 2012, 08:42 AM
cheers dude, ill pulled the steering apart last night and found that the right side tie rod is buggard

claw
27th January 2012, 08:50 AM
ps knuckles are plenty to start with, but if your going knuckles for corolla, then jdi are the tits, had them on my ke struts, and now on my 86 struts, will never go back

_wanna-be_
27th January 2012, 12:05 PM
jdi where do u find them an wat r they like compared to the techno toy ones

--Redwork--
27th January 2012, 06:52 PM
Techno toy arms are stock ackerman with the option to go an even shorter thength. which means the steering will turn the wheels further for the same amount of steering input.
JDI arms and most other aftermarket knuckles are adjusted for less ackerman. to as you turn to full lock your wheels point in direction more parrallel to each other instead of the inside wheel having epic angle the the outside one having bugger all..

_wanna-be_
28th January 2012, 10:20 AM
awsome thanks for the info u no where i can get them n how much

Slidin' 71
9th February 2012, 08:55 AM
http://www.facebook.com/InverseTyres for JDI knuckles, and $99 changeover.