PDA

View Full Version : Electrical issues - Dash, parkers, tail lights not working in Ke70

Low Style
8th February 2012, 02:20 PM
Hello,

I have a issue with my Ke70 not having any Dash, parkers, tail lights not working in Ke70.

Were working and now not:
Dash/guages
Tail lights one tail light while head lights werent on (constant)

havent worked since getting car back:
Parkers
number plate light.

I put a 4age into my ke70 sometime ago and there was no changes made to my body loom only the engine loom.

my dash lights were working up until tuesday night. I have removed and replaced 2 x blown 10a fuses and used the rear tail light loom from my daily and it still does not work.

My head lights work but parkers and tailights do not work. I have checked fuses and bolbs and these are not blown.

I'm struggling to figure out what the issue is as im a noob when it comes to wiring/auto electronics.

Need help to sort this out asap as im am attempting to have my car on the road by this weekend.

if anyone can help in BNE southside anytime please let me know as the car is going for a roady on friday arvo.

Cheers,
Jon

pt_y2k
8th February 2012, 09:46 PM
I can give ya a hand dude? Cars not at your place no?

Matt
9th February 2012, 07:35 AM
Is there power at the fuses?

Javal
9th February 2012, 10:53 AM
Check the earth in the boot is ok - this can cause many fun lighting problems

EpicXTC
9th February 2012, 10:53 AM
Co-incidence that my ae86 with a silvertop transplant has the exact same issue?

I might be going over these problems with my mate, and he's fucking g with toyotas and lexuses (being a lexus mechanic and all) so if we come up with a solution, you'll be the first to know.

EpicXTC
12th February 2012, 11:52 PM
We didn't end up getting a chance thanks to the rain.
Turns out my headunits got really weird wiring.. I'm going to have to play with it when the rain goes away.

In the meantime, happy sliding :P

Kris
7th April 2013, 07:07 PM
I know this is an old thread by now, but has anyone found a solution to this problem? Got defected for one of the No.plate lights not working, changed the globe and now both arnt working, neither is the dashboard lights or parkers. Triple checked all fuses with a test light & multimeter (all are fine), even replaced some of them. apparently from reading other forums there is an earth cable in the boot? also one for the dash? where can i find these?

Skylar
7th April 2013, 11:40 PM
The boot earth is in between the tailights, up high.

The dash one is in the driver's kick panel top right hand corner if looking at it straight on from memory. There's also another earth in the engine bay near the washer bottle/ under where the wiring pops out of guard liner area. Pretty sure the other one is in the passenger's side kick panel.

LittleRedSpirit
11th April 2013, 09:21 AM
Theres also the earth to the steering column that a lot of the light switches use, it crushes into the bolt like a washer that stops the steering column from falling in your nuts.

Also, if you put a multi filament bulb in backwards you will get wierd issues. One light brighter than the other etc, can trick people into thinking they have wiring issues.

Kris
18th April 2013, 05:51 PM
Forgot to reply a while ago but, Its the fuses in the kick panel next to the pedals. Thanks for the help