View Full Version : whats the best exhaust for an n/a?

70wagon
3rd June 2009, 07:45 PM
hi all
just wondering what would be the best exhaust for my 18rg power wise?
dont care how loud it is as its a track only car at the moment its a 2 inch form the extractors back to a hot dog muffler and twin 2inch pipe for the last 1.2 metres or so... and its under diff... and loud as fark!!!! lol u think it will be alright or more mufflers?

cheers

.ady
3rd June 2009, 08:21 PM
18RG way to go man! love that motor...had plans to put on in my ra28 but thigns change... uni sucks balls....if its a track car i would say 2 1/4 striaght pipe :D

FAST EDDIE
3rd June 2009, 09:42 PM
bes exhaust is one with a turbo in it!!!

rthy
3rd June 2009, 09:48 PM
wats done to the motor?

Fusion
3rd June 2009, 11:18 PM
A mate had an 18RG with huge lumpy cams (hardly idled) and I am pretty sure first up he just had a 2 1/4 inch system with one hotdog. It had a very loud sound that resonated for a good distance and really told everyone of the lumpy cam hidden within. However it wasn't quite enough for road use, and it actually went back twice to the exhaust shop to quiet it down.

I'll see if he still has any videos of it when he got it first done

If its track, you wouldn't be able to make it a straight side pipe would you?

70wagon
3rd June 2009, 11:39 PM
eddie....shooosh i now that but in the mean time my dodgie little na 2ltr will have to live with it lol. but yer i think my exhuast should be alright that i have now i was just wondering if it would have enough back pressure..... or what ever they need lol :D

cheers for your help all...minus eddie seeing as i already new that haha :P

edit: not sure whats done to the motor... probly nothing just has mikuni carbs and extractors...

fatke
4th June 2009, 12:20 AM
21/4 straight thru under the diff on an angle cumin out of the car another half meter lol

Jase86
4th June 2009, 11:42 AM
Even though you say its a track only car - race tracks generally only get a few days a year where they can run with no noise limits and they are generally used for real race series like V8's etc. There are still noise limits at most track days I have been to. Seen plenty of race cars get booted off the track for being too loud. At least down here in Vic anyway.

I was thinking about having mine dump out the side before the back wheel but depends what I need to do to get the noise level acceptable.

FAST EDDIE
4th June 2009, 07:51 PM
we do have noise limits at mallala (tell that tho the rotor boys that break everones eardrums)

oi dont bother fking round with the exhaust if ur puting in an sr20 fool!!!