PDA

View Full Version : no power at diz? only 0.04 volt

jamie86
20th March 2012, 08:40 PM
hey guys just put small port in my car using big port wiring, diz, and ecu
problem
i only have 0.4v at all 3 pins at the diz ? its the same coming out of the ecu yet i have 12v going in on ignition at +b1 and at +b and constant 12v (batt)

were have i gone wrong?
also have 12v at my coil with igniotn on

im thinking it an earth problem? do i need any other erath wired to the ecu minus the 3 or 4 brown wires on first plug?

please help

im in kiama nsw if anyone close can come have a look

and all my injector wires have 12v

slide86
20th March 2012, 09:15 PM
well it sounds like you are on the right track. you have voltage at all the correct places with the key on.

there are 2 additional earths that are on the 18 pin plug (centre plug) those wires are also brown. According to the wiring diagram, they earth all the sensors including ECU.

Note that the dizzy wires are also on this plug, this may or may not be your problem.

jamie86
20th March 2012, 09:53 PM
just cut into those 2 wires and earthed them inside kick panel and still 0.04v
really has me baffled

does it have anything todo with ignitor? or coil?

slide86
20th March 2012, 10:12 PM
all three (black, red, white) dizzy wires go directly to the ecu, so id say you have a problem at/before the ecu.

the igniter body needs to be earthed out, this should be done by the bracket it attatches to the coil with. Ensure this bracket has a good earth on the body.
black/yellow wire to igniter is the ignition confirm signal, you want to make sure the igniter is recieving a signal from the ecu

so, if you have a spark plug on a lead sitting on the engine, turn the ign to on.......then spin the engine over, does it spark? if not then id say the 12v is there at the coil but its not getting to the igniter to provide a signal to the ecu. then the ecu isnt sending a supply voltage to the dizzy and recieving a RPM signal through the white wire.

to fault find in the past ive put direct 12v to the +ve side coil and powered up the ecu....then tested for spark by turning the key with a lead off and the spark plug in it and sitting on the rocker cover. if it sparks then you know its in the loom somewhere and not a mechanical issue.

Skylar
20th March 2012, 10:46 PM
you should NOT have any power at ANY wires of the CAS/distributor thing when the shaft isn't spinning.

slide86
20th March 2012, 10:53 PM
yeah thats kinda what i was thinking and why i was hinting at actually testing the circuit with a spark tester during cranking

i was assuming that there was a spark issue tho........hense the bible of questions and suggestions.....

Skylar
20th March 2012, 11:20 PM
Yeah. I guess he asked why he doesn't have any power at the CAS. I just answered the question.

He didn't really say his car wasn't running. You could assume that since he is asking questions about it.

It's like you're interpreting the question while I'm reading the question.

BTW, Not having a go at you or anything, just pointing out different view points.

Matt
21st March 2012, 12:43 AM
Do the basic troubleshooting first, has it got fuel, spark first...

Tighten the brown earth clump and ensure the ignitor is bolted to the bracket too. If it was running as a bigport then it'll be something loose. Go over all connections again and I'm sure you will find it

jamie86
21st March 2012, 10:29 AM
Sorry guys not enough info I have no spark
il go over everything again
thanks for the suggestions