PDA

View Full Version : Ke70 4age turbo, wiring help..

adds
28th March 2012, 10:19 PM
Hey there, I'm currently up to the wiring stage of my build and was wondering if anyone could help point me in the wirte direction. What I have is a 4agze afm, cas, that I have converted to turbo, a GZE computer with 10 18 26 plugs and a really messy shit box loom! With the state of the loom I want to just start over and only wire in what I need.

So..With there being so many different combos of motors and CPUs what wiring diagram am I looking for to follow? Do I look for a gze diagram or just a standard 4age one?

What would be a good starting point, can someone give me a few points on how to tackle this. I'm thinking of just chopping all the plugs off the shitty loom I have but I don't know where to start..

I have searched for ages and couldn't find the pinouts for my CPU (10 18 26) I thinit's from a ae92..can someone confirm/correct this. It's confusing the crap out of me. Sorry for the noob questions, but I just would like some direction.

Any help, advice would be awesome

Cheers.

Sam-Q
28th March 2012, 10:51 PM
I know a guy who you might be able to mail it to and he mails it back to plug into your car, want me to ask him?

Nikkojoe
28th March 2012, 10:57 PM
So you have the ae92 bigport ecu i assume? Pretty rare combo and I haven't found a wiring diagram of the ecu yet (not that i have tried hard to look for one).

Best thing to do is pull the cover off the ecu and look at the pin outs. These are usually labled on the pcb of the ecu above the corresponding pins. There is usually only one plug to look at to make it run, however if you want to see what you need and dont need you are best off looking at them all. I recommend however strip back the loom and remove stuff that doesn't actually run back to the ecu and not touch any of the stuff that connects back to the ecu.

The pin names printed on the board are the same names used throughout the years so if you don't understand the lable just look at another similar year ecu on club4ag and see what it refers to. Try also looking at the aw11 4agze wiring as afm stuff is similar between yours.

EDIT: I've just checked my spare ae92 afm gze ecu and it's missing the lables on the pcb :( Maybe you will have better luck with yours.

Matt
29th March 2012, 05:34 AM
Chopping plugs off will be a bad idea. When it comes to wiring up conversions unless you know what you are doing it is far quicker / easier to pay someone to do it. When i tried to find someone to do it, because i started it myself the 2 people i got over to do it said straight up no sorry not interested.

Eventually i got it running, but that was after about 4 months, but i had issues with fuses blowing and it was a ripe pain in the arse.

Golberg will be able to sort it for you, flick him a pm and have a chat.

jdm86gtz
29th March 2012, 07:54 AM
Here you go for the pinouts
http://forums.club4ag.com/zerothread?id=95364

There's a PDF of a photocopied AE92 wiring diagram floating around somewhere where I got an idea of the pinouts and then have confirmed on 2 different looms.

adds
29th March 2012, 08:31 AM
Thanks Sam that would be awesome..

adds
29th March 2012, 08:46 AM
Thanks Tom... So is it safe to say that any wire that doesnt go directly back the the Ecu side I can safety cut out..

Matt
29th March 2012, 08:52 AM
No you will need to provide power to things.

Alt,starter and injectors, coil etc

Nikkojoe
29th March 2012, 10:35 AM
Yeah should have said also any wire going back to sensors. Important colours:

Black red ignition for efi main, injector resistor, ecu/fuel pump
Black orange ignition for coils/igniter
Black white starter
Yellow green water temp
Yellow black oil pressure
Yellow or yellow white alternator lamp
Thin white alternator sense
Black yellow alternator ignition