PDA

View Full Version : ae86 finally

mcBen
29th March 2012, 11:57 PM
Hi all,
just bought myself an 83' hatch from sydney, took ages to get here, but it's finally here! Its in pretty dodge condition to be honest, i'll get picks up soon. The guy said there was no rust but i have found some here and there which is pretty annoying. Anyway felt good driving back from the depo with the trusty bluetop, even though the suspension feels static. I am desperately in need of some parts to get it regoed in SA (and prevent getting defected at the ID check):
-t series diff, disc to disc (to make 4age legal)
-stock exhaust (borrow or buy)
-heaps of interior bits, pretty much a full interior bar the dash (looking for black)
-stock suspension (also borrow- in exchange for a case of beer, most likely west ends depending level of bogan)
-t50 shifter
-timing belt cover
-stock intake box
if anyone has any of this stuff please pm me, i have been searching quite a bit and can't find much.
cheers

GrumpyRacing
30th March 2012, 10:31 AM
Looking forward to seeing pictures.
I ha the same issue with my 86. I was told there was no rust and when i got it back to melbourne i found a fee parts that were bad and a whole lot of dints that weren't mentioned. But its still great to have one!

mcBen
30th March 2012, 01:06 PM
i'll take some more today

McLEVIN
30th March 2012, 01:15 PM
I may have some parts...full jdm red interior..will need some work as they are slightly loose. I got defected for them but if your handy with tools should get them sweet again.
I don't think you need t series as some jdm came with drum rear ends.

dogan
30th March 2012, 10:06 PM
Looks like a very good base to start with. Youve got to remember these cars are close to 30 years old now, youve got to expect the rust and anything else even if the previous owners say no.

Gear-head
30th March 2012, 10:50 PM
wow this car came form QLD = VIC = NSW now SA I saw it when its at in vic not bad when i had a look at it

mcBen
30th March 2012, 11:04 PM
yeah its definitely been around! can anyone confirm what McLEVIN said, how do people make 4ages legal in SA, do you just need to change engine number?

s13 james
3rd April 2012, 07:31 PM
this use to live near me wen was in sydney,nice buy