PDA

View Full Version : 4agze bottom end on standard 4age head???

heartagram AE86
5th June 2009, 03:57 PM
Sorry for such noob question, But i heard that you can put a 4agze bottom end on a 4age head. Is this true? Currently have a standard 4age in an AE86 and wanting to turbo it. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

70XIN
5th June 2009, 06:16 PM
You sure can. Any 16V head can go on any 16V bottom end (4age, gze, etc)

gumbie
5th June 2009, 06:23 PM
Same as my setup! :) you risking running higher comp with a turbo though! Something might pop unless you got good internals/head work.

pen15
5th June 2009, 06:26 PM
don't bother with the low comp bottom end just put on a turbo to your motor now and run low boost that is if your motor is healthy i know of a few rollas doing this running small turbos from starlet gtis and running 5psi and they pull hard with no lag and full boost is early very easy to make some good gains

jaz_ae86
5th June 2009, 10:57 PM
Turbo your current motor and see what it does.

I turbo'd my 'NA' motor and have run 160rwkw on bigport with TRD 0.5mm head gasket, skimmed head, compression at least 10:1. Run over 10PSI (have seen 14PSI at over 190KPH on the track due to boost creep), this is the minimum boost I can run.

The key is good fuelling and the best, well setup intercooler you can afford. I run ARC jzx90 intercooler (600x270x70). The quality and design is second to none, it is a work of art and the most expensive piece of my turbo conversion!

When I build a motor to handle boost will be going low comp (hoping around 9.5:1) motor in the search of each 200rwkw.