PDA

View Full Version : sr20 into ke70.wiring help!

dxslider
23rd April 2012, 05:02 PM
hay guys im currently putting sr20de vvti engine in my 1987 corolla wagon but iv come to a hault as its time to do the wiring but to be fully honest i have no idea what im doing.iv got the ke70 loom in and most of the sr20 loom but have no idea what to do next so really need some help.i got told that i only really need a few wires owt of the sr20 loom to make it run and main power to the ecu,starter,altanater and hook up ignition. is this correct? any help would be great

dxslider
23rd April 2012, 05:07 PM

Matt
23rd April 2012, 05:14 PM
The basic logic i've found with "most" efi cars i've worked on is

Find the high amperage output wire(s) of the efi relay and that takes care of your injector, dizzy , coil power.
Power the ecu with constant + switched ignition power
Then sort out your fuel control (AFM / ECU)
Then sort out your accessories - Idle control, oxygen sensors, alternator, starter motor
Then sort out your ecu inputs ELS# wires, basically inputs for when your thermo fan, blower fan (heaters) are running etc.

For around $500 odd you can usually pay someone who will knock it over in a couple of hours. If you were in australia , it'd be easy to recommend a heap of people. If you are doing it yourself and it is the first time, then it is 10000x easier to do with both looms side by side off the car.

If you can't find someone, grab the sr20de vvti wiring diagram and post it up here. Work on it 1 wire at a time and when you get stuck, ask a few questions and i'm sure someone will know the answer.

If you haven't already get yourself a multimeter with a continuity buzzer and you'll be loving life

dxslider
23rd April 2012, 05:36 PM
dear i say it that still sounds confusing haha from the ecu i have pluged in evry thing such as dissy afm 02 sencer injecters and what not once i connect my constant power to the ecu and connect up the starter to the ke ignition am i in the right direction?

Matt
23rd April 2012, 06:38 PM
That is a start, but there is quite a bit more to it than just that. My post above at a very high level sums up what you need to do.

Grab your wiring diagrams and learn what each wire on the ecu does, then learn what sensors need power. Adapting looms to suit different cars, in most instances there is only a handful of wires to worry about on the ecu itself, 90% of your time is spent doing the other things.

The other thing i didn't say you have to do is all the cluster gauages / warning lights.

dxslider
23rd April 2012, 06:53 PM
yea probly a good idea ill try find a diagram and see what i can do

Matt
23rd April 2012, 07:14 PM
Biggest problem with starting the job yourself and not finishing it is very few auto electricians will touch it as they first need to learn what you've done and it is a pain in the butt

Skylar
23rd April 2012, 10:30 PM
errr, I can't be bothered typing anything out so here's a post I wrote earlier this week,

I just realised I misinterpreted your post and to my understanding it's the engine's first start up in the new car. So before doing all that check that the following wires have power:

Red wire at ecu and injectors - 12v all the time.
Black/red (ecu), black/white (afm and cas) and blue/red (ignitor). The black/yellow wire goes 12v when fuel pump is on and also powers the idle up thingo. There's another wire that powers the o2 heater and iacv (brown) but it will run fine without it.

Then check for fuel pressure.

And after all that start diagnosing like I said above.

Skylar
23rd April 2012, 10:45 PM
Also, don't jerry rig that shit. Buy a fuse block like this (http://www.summitracing.com/parts/PRF-70217/) and do it properly. Put the red wire on a separate fuse not in that ignition switched only fuse panel.

dxslider
24th April 2012, 01:32 PM
nah i dont intend to jerry it up ae wana do it once and do it right