PDA

View Full Version : does anyone know the diffrence in the ae86 models and years

enzo
29th April 2012, 10:39 PM
lve checked on the net on a number of sites and still cant find the different type of models of the ae86 and what they have come out with standard so if anyone knows more about the standard ae86 pls let me know links and any useful information

tuned86
29th April 2012, 11:37 PM
Referring to in Australia domestic market? Not sure if there was much difference...I do have a later model which has furry back seats as opposed to matt cotton ones i typically see...but maybe that was an just an optional extra.

McLEVIN
29th April 2012, 11:48 PM
http://www.club4ag.com/faq_and_tech_pages/model_name_comparison_chart.htm

McLEVIN
30th April 2012, 12:01 AM
GTV is the sports version has a faster steering rack.

Zenki (early model) pre 85? Have t series drum brakes, no power steering
Kouki 86-87? T series with disk rear brakes

Gt apex option model pwr steer, electric mirrors/Windows etc.

ADM have s series diff

All this has been covered many times before

There was also a handfull of Aus delivered GTVs

enzo
30th April 2012, 12:32 AM
whats the make and running gear in yours tunned 86?

Sam-Q
30th April 2012, 01:20 AM
In australia you have the stock ae86, the optional extra electric sun-roof and then also the optional air con.

Anyone know of anything else?

maxhag
30th April 2012, 04:45 AM
I have seen some ADM 86's with "sprinter" decals and stripes down the side of the car...
Got no idea why..... Toyota or dealership thing I guess?

Rice86
30th April 2012, 08:18 AM
4ac!!!

focus_7
30th April 2012, 05:56 PM
Was there a slight difference in suspension stiffness or characteristivs between GTV and GT-Apex, cant remember reading that somewhere or not.

OP there are also quite a few cosmetic differences, tail-lights, front bar and indicators, front grille, between early and late models.

tuned86
30th April 2012, 05:58 PM
whats the make and running gear in yours tunned 86?

I think its an 85 if i remember...its got an s-series diff, 4ac. Condition is good imo but thats just a coincidence. interior trim is slightly different from all the 83' i've seen...maybe the last of the zenki's. I would say we got all zenki's in oz based on the front bumper bar and no updated clutch slave master.

Just a correction to the above that trimmings (GT, GTV & GTAPEX) are independent of manufacturer dates so available to both zenki/kouki production dates...with the exception of black limited.

Sam: Optional towbar? Normally toyota offers these using a 3rd party and the towbars i've seen all seem the same...prob ARB. I've also got a hatch with a rubber mould at the edge which i haven't seen before.

xero
30th April 2012, 07:00 PM
I have seen some ADM 86's with "sprinter" decals and stripes down the side of the car...
Got no idea why..... Toyota or dealership thing I guess?

yeah they were a toyota dealership thing, and each dealership did different things.
for example mine has pinstriping on it but havent seen any JDM cars with pinstriping, nor very many (if any) ADMs with it as well.

its a similar thing with the ST162 celica "white lightning" which wasnt anything other than a standard celica some "sporty" stickers and maybe a few extra options. this was a very very common thing back in the late 70's and 80's so people would buy from certain dealerships "why buy from joe bloggs down there when i can offer you all these sporty options!* "
it was most prevalent with holden dealerships, and so much so that holden actually released Australian Dealer Pack options for their VB/VH/VK cars which offered more options over and above the standard holden factory options.

*sporty options being factory standard options that just said "sporty!" or "turbo" or "sporty turbo" etc etc

maxhag
1st May 2012, 02:36 AM
I love it how some crappy cars come with 'factory Sporty options", when the options arn't really 'sporty' at all.......

Sam-Q
1st May 2012, 10:26 AM
I love it how some crappy cars come with 'factory Sporty options", when the options arn't really 'sporty' at all.......

like a "Super Responsive" 4Ac?

xero
1st May 2012, 07:31 PM

EXACTLY like super responsive 4ac.

maxhag
2nd May 2012, 02:05 AM
Perfect example sam.....