PDA

View Full Version : JDM Front Brake Setup and JDM T50

sotiros86
1st June 2012, 06:41 PM
Hey guys, need to sell off some of my spare parts that are taking up room in my garage as im heading overseas at the end of the month and could use a little more spending money.

JDM Front brake setup - $300
This came off my Trueno, however, i have since fitted the Willwood "Big Brake" kit, and these have just been chilling in the garage for the last couple of months.
It comes with slotted rotors, calipers, pads (less than 5000km old) and brake lines. The rotors do have some surface rust which you could get machined off, or most of it will probably come off the first time you drive on them.

And before anyone asks, NO i dont have spare hubs, backing plates or anything else, as all of that stuff is still used with the Willwood setup.

http://i480.photobucket.com/albums/rr168/asotiros/IMG_2171.jpg

I also have a spare JDM T50 gearbox - $480
Box is in awesome condition and came out of my mates Trueno when he changed setups. When i drove it it shifted perfectly, great up and down shifts and no crunching or grinding noises even when down shifting at high rpm.

Items are located in Wollongong (an hour south of Sydney). Im happy to post the brakes, but i really would rather pickup only for the box, unless of course you organise a courier.

stylz
2nd June 2012, 05:05 PM
pm sent

FoldKing86
3rd June 2012, 10:01 AM
Hows the Wilwood setup going for you.

sotiros86
5th June 2012, 04:39 PM
Front brakes sold, T50 still here.

Willwood brakes are really good, super easy to install and really improve stopping distance. I was really impressed when at Wakefield last month and someone span right in front of me, i thought i was about to clean them up, but the brakes pulled me up really good. At the moment im just running JDM rear rotors, but im looking at getting s13 rotors and perhaps a twin caliper rear setup (if i can be bothered designing a bracket lol). Straight out of the box the bias is still pretty good, but not great, id probably recommend either getting a bias adjuster, or upgrading the rear brakes in order to keep the car 'feeling' the same as before.