PDA

View Full Version : bucket seat opinions, fixed vs adjustable etc

Sprinter Freak
1st July 2012, 06:09 PM
hey guys

Just looking at bucket seat, just wanted to get peoples opinions on a few things.

first up, what are people using and how do they find them? whats the fitment like in their ae86/ke70 head room wise?

Is anyone running a fixed back for a daily, if so is it comfortable for longish drives? or should i be looking at a reclinable for daily work.

so far i'm looking at:

recaro pole position
recaro sr3 (the ones that come in dc2's)
bride vios/zeta
Bride Gias (if i can find one second hand)
sparco evo
velo gpt-2

also does anyone know places to buy recaro/bride/sparco seat locally? (sydney or aus) or is it mainly an online thing?

jakel
1st July 2012, 06:18 PM
Plenty of performance shops sell fixed back seats I got my sparco off ebay for $100 and made some rails myself for it and is quite comfortable.

Sprinter Freak
1st July 2012, 07:06 PM
Plenty of performance shops sell fixed back seats I got my sparco off ebay for $100 and made some rails myself for it and is quite comfortable.

yea i know, but the performance shops that sell the seat i'm after seem to be in different states, meaning postage would be killer:/ what sparco do you have? and is it in your daily driver?

Another thing i wanted to ask is, i know you can get bride RO rails so suit an AE70(pretty much bolt up to a ke70) for bride seats, but is there any rails out there that fit ke70's for recaros? or do both bride and recaros mount the same way?

s13 james
1st July 2012, 07:17 PM
check out rpm race gear at silverwater,have heaps of seats in shop,fixed back are comfortable for a daily,just might get fucked by popo,rails youl prob have to get off the net or a forum or sumin,unless you can weld/cut/plan well,modified stocks usually sit gay and feel like a booster seat,theres a bride with rails in canberra for sale on this site atm

Sprinter Freak
1st July 2012, 07:36 PM
check out rpm race gear at silverwater,have heaps of seats in shop,fixed back are comfortable for a daily,just might get fucked by popo,rails youl prob have to get off the net or a forum or sumin,unless you can weld/cut/plan well,modified stocks usually sit gay and feel like a booster seat,theres a bride with rails in canberra for sale on this site atm

yea just had a look at their site, will be dropping in there sometime soon to check out their seats. yea guess i gotta run that risk:/ yea i can get bride rails off RHD japan, yea would rather not have to make my own rails because as you said getting it sitting right would be a bit of a fk around. yea more after something locally if possible due to the postage, cheers anyway.

jakel
1st July 2012, 07:44 PM
Mine sits alright not sure what model it is came out of a rally car that never got used, I just welded some 3mm steel onto the original rails as low as I could get them. Sits good enough considering it cost me nothing. I'm sure you can get rails from japan for ke70 chassis, otherwise I have a bride passenger and just modded an 86 side mount rail to fit wasn't hard.

Jacobxxx
1st July 2012, 09:28 PM
Zeta would be fine for daily if you want a fixed back, comfy seats!

I have a Brix 1 and it rules. You pretty much need to just sit in a seat and decide if it's for you or not.

rthy
1st July 2012, 10:45 PM
Recaro LN w00000t

ke_70
1st July 2012, 10:46 PM
fixed backs rule.
get a genuine recaro or if budget doesn't stretch get a velo gp90

i rate my recaro over my bride vios 3, but only cause the bride is slightly smaller (bout 10mm wider)
i'd probley get a zeta3 XL if i bought another bride.

ke_70
1st July 2012, 11:05 PM
bride recliners are rubbish anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

dove grey 64
2nd July 2012, 08:15 AM
i used to have sr3 recaros, really good seat, great support through corners and comfortable for daily drives too. a good fixed back will be just as good for daily use, i got recliners because its a requirement for two door coupes to see be able to access the rear seats if its still registered as a four seater

Sprinter Freak
2nd July 2012, 07:48 PM
Mine sits alright not sure what model it is came out of a rally car that never got used, I just welded some 3mm steel onto the original rails as low as I could get them. Sits good enough considering it cost me nothing. I'm sure you can get rails from japan for ke70 chassis, otherwise I have a bride passenger and just modded an 86 side mount rail to fit wasn't hard.

okk, thanks for the info. yea you can buy ae70 rails which bolt up to ke70's.

Zeta would be fine for daily if you want a fixed back, comfy seats!

I have a Brix 1 and it rules. You pretty much need to just sit in a seat and decide if it's for you or not.

cheers for your input, im leaning towards a zeta atm.

yea am going to go and try a few out sometime soon.

Recaro LN w00000t

to old looking for me, i know it is period correct for the car but meh, i'm after some newer looking ones.

fixed backs rule.
get a genuine recaro or if budget doesn't stretch get a velo gp90

i rate my recaro over my bride vios 3, but only cause the bride is slightly smaller (bout 10mm wider)
i'd probley get a zeta3 XL if i bought another bride.

hmm interesting, how come you say get a recaro or a velo not a bride?

bride recliners are rubbish anyway

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j4Qsd4-8IMo

yea but the ones in that video are the early brides like the brix 1 and 1.5, i think the new ones are supposed to be better

i used to have sr3 recaros, really good seat, great support through corners and comfortable for daily drives too. a good fixed back will be just as good for daily use, i got recliners because its a requirement for two door coupes to see be able to access the rear seats if its still registered as a four seater

okk, thanks for your advice, am pretty set on getting a fixed back now.

ke_70
2nd July 2012, 08:12 PM
hmm interesting, how come you say get a recaro or a velo not a bride?

what i ment was: i've got both a genuine recaro spg and a genuine vio 3,
in both comfort and quality the recaro wins over the bride.
i've only ever sat in a velo so can't comment how on the quality but sizes were just alittle wrong for me, normal was too small and XL was too big.

so if you've got the budget buy a recaro if not go for the cheaper velo.

aussierider
18th July 2012, 09:27 PM
Fixed backs aren't uncomfortable because you should sitting up straight anyway. I love my cobra Monaco its steel framed so its going to be really strong even if its only fia rated not adr,
Do wish I had a proper 4point harness to go with it though, I found my stock seat belt not up to the task at the track.

racsov
19th July 2012, 11:59 PM
velo milanos suck. maybe if your a bit bigger, but im skinny and it doesnt come close to holding me

Andy San
6th August 2012, 06:57 PM
velo milanos suck. maybe if your a bit bigger, but im skinny and it doesnt come close to holding me

That's because they are an older design seat, you'd be silly to go for one of them now that a GP90 is the same price.. they are much deeper

rthy
7th August 2012, 12:20 AM
i find fixed back crush my balls

dove grey 64
7th August 2012, 08:32 AM
i find fixed back crush my balls

pull them up before you sit down :DD

Sprinter Freak
22nd August 2012, 12:00 AM
bringing this thread back, has anyone had any sizing trouble putting seats into their car? Just been doing a few measurements and most seats are 580mm(recaro's and velo's) at the wings and that looks like it might just be a bit too wide for a ke70:/

s13 james
9th September 2012, 05:32 PM
my bride fixedback,lowmax or some shit cant remember,ispretty close to pillar/cage,same seat in a mates ke was also close but fit