PDA

View Full Version : ae86 ps knuckle

_wanna-be_
2nd July 2012, 07:45 PM
Hey guys i bought a pair of ps knuckles for me 86 n noticed that they were 5mm shorter than my original ones any one have n idea on what they may be

_wanna-be_
2nd July 2012, 07:47 PM
Sorry when i say 5mm shorter im talking about the hole centers that line up with the bottom with urs strut

RollaJase
2nd July 2012, 10:46 PM
I thought they were all like that, giving you full lock quicker. Im probably wrong though.

Sam-Q
2nd July 2012, 11:32 PM
I thought they were all like that, giving you full lock quicker. Im probably wrong though.

that's how I read it at first, but he means the two bottom mounting bolts

I have no idea what steering arms are off, perhaps not even a Toyota

Cerby86
3rd July 2012, 01:27 AM
what are you putting them into? An 86 right? not like a ke or something?

Edit: reread original post and realised my question is a bit retarded. But it could still be kind of relevant. Are you 100% sure you don't have ke struts in your 86?

_wanna-be_
3rd July 2012, 06:47 AM
Hey sorry guys important really bad with wording things,
yh there going into a ae86.
Im not sure Wat struts i have but i have put corrona knuckles on b4 an lined up perfect ???

Hen may possibly be a nut
3rd July 2012, 09:18 AM
You may have non-AE86 struts in your car at the moment. Measure the distance between the strut mounting holes (centre to centre). AE86 is 85mm, RA60/RT142, etc is 90mm. Either you have RA60 struts installed currently and bought AE86 arms, or if you have AE86 struts installed then you bought some strange arms (KE20??) that are useless.

Best to work out what you currently have and what your new arms are. Centre to centre distance for all bolt holes and photos may help identify them.