PDA

View Full Version : Bride vios 3 into ae86

Eightsix.
7th July 2012, 11:09 AM
Hey guys I just bought some bride to go into my ae86 I'm just wondering if anyone has ever modded there standard rails to fit the brides as I want to mod mine instead of paying big bucks to get rails to fit? Any help will be useful thanks guys:)

dove grey 64
7th July 2012, 11:53 AM
modded ones never work as well as proper rails, stock ones leave you with a higher seating position, your going to need to do some welding to suit your seat weather its a side mount or bottom mount.
i've got a spare drivers side rail thats been modded, pm me if your keen on it.
you should be able to score a proper rail for around $150 second hand or new sometimes
alot of 86 seats get hacked up for the rails which people end up not being happy with anyway

JDM-086
3rd August 2012, 11:50 AM
i hacked up my seat for the rail. I did it because at the time i had no cash but......
i will eventually get a proper rail because:
-dove grey is correct, the seating position is higher which is irritating.. I'm only 1.73mt and without a decently spaced wheel your knees will most likely hit it... the whole point of an aftermarket seat is hold and position.. so your negating 50% of its purpose not doing it right...
-It has play and makes shitty noises, standard rail was never designed for that seat which, because it holds you in has to absorb all your force when you move, which in-turn goes through the rail slack (probably didn't word this the best, but hopefully you understand what i mean)
-pain in the ass to fit it... cutting..filling..measuring.

imho if you can afford it get a proper rail...if you really cant, butcher your standard rail and use that until you can afford a proper rail...