PDA

View Full Version : Drift Fest 01, Raleigh int Raceway

Pages : 1 [2] 3 4 5

Matt
2nd September 2012, 07:08 PM
No need to panic , i'm sure the money is there.. just got to update the first page.

Looking forward to this event.

sundee
3rd September 2012, 09:39 AM
1st page updated with payments received.
A few guys have sent payments but no Rego form's.
If you have payed and havent sent back the paperwork get onto it asap.

ALSO, i know its only early days, but if we can all get a wriggle on with the payments so i can pay the deposit to secure this weekend.

Rice86
3rd September 2012, 11:59 AM
Just my 2 cents here

send a PM reminder to the remaining people on the list to pay up or for them to let you know what is happening at their end with payment, and if still no response or lack of it, open up their spot to the first person that pays..

#2 strike reminder and if that fails then open up their spot, that's more then fair i think

You rather chase them up now then 1 week before the event if you know what i mean

ToySprinta
3rd September 2012, 12:54 PM
Was at Raleigh on the weekend with Fink judging
Just passengered in my car while Fink drove it - Fark me he's fast
Did the whole course without touching the handbrake... the bar's been set :p

86JAP
3rd September 2012, 01:19 PM
Congrats on the top 8 too Steve, love ur car man bakes soo hard lol...

Sprinter Freak
3rd September 2012, 09:47 PM
just payed :)

sundee
3rd September 2012, 10:55 PM
will add you to payed list soon as your money comes thru - paperwork received. ;)

stx-16
4th September 2012, 09:32 AM
im baring it
i just bought 3k worth of guns

take me off the list

sundee
4th September 2012, 01:22 PM
:shocked:

dbr11k
4th September 2012, 01:27 PM
What sorta guns did ya get lol?

I just took a mates new 22/250 out last night, think im in love haha

t-nol
4th September 2012, 02:30 PM
Obviously ASAP, but when do you need payment by Joel.

sundee
4th September 2012, 06:32 PM
yeah as soon as you possibly can. i need to make a deposit,
What im going to do is send a PM to all the guys on the list that havent payed. THey will have 1 week to pay, if not they will be deleted off the list and there spot will be up for grabs.

This is the thing, everyone says "yeah yeah yeah, im in" then you get half of the guys bail.

maxhag
5th September 2012, 03:06 AM
sounds like a plan....

sundee
5th September 2012, 02:44 PM
:soldier:

stx-16
5th September 2012, 03:59 PM
oh god

dbr11k
5th September 2012, 04:57 PM
Lulz

sundee
5th September 2012, 06:12 PM
And back to racing .....

maxhag
6th September 2012, 01:50 AM
only 8/25........ Not exactly record pace for people "so keen".......

dbr11k
6th September 2012, 03:40 AM
i guess most people are sort of thinking that they have plenty of time to pay as its 2 months away, and obviously arent really gettin the point that if they dont make payment ASAP than they WILL have their spot replaced.

im definatley keen but when you think about the cost of towing a car half way across the state and camping for the weekend, tyres, fuel, time off work.. the fear of not getting the car ready in time and losing your deposit. its a lot of planning and money.

Matt
6th September 2012, 09:27 AM
Given the interest in this and we haven't gone externally yet to advertise , I'm sure the spots will get filled quickly.

jakel
6th September 2012, 10:56 AM
I still have to mount the engine in my car and alot of other little bits and has to be ready by beginning of October for Queensland raceway matsuri, haha

sundee
6th September 2012, 11:24 AM
Given the interest in this and we haven't gone externally yet to advertise , I'm sure the spots will get filled quickly.

and on the 12th of september everyones name who doesnt have PAYED written next to it will be deleated, and we will be taking this externally.

Kind of a bit disappointed with how this is panning out so far.

meadan
6th September 2012, 11:38 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but Im happy to chuck in some extra money if you need to cut down the numbers.

Otherwise, let us know when to start spreading the word and Im sure we can fill the spots pretty easily..

MoNsTaR
6th September 2012, 11:45 AM
Payment will be sent tonight, had some issues with other commitments and a lack of internet doesnt help.

sundee
6th September 2012, 11:58 AM
I dont know about anyone else, but Im happy to chuck in some extra money if you need to cut down the numbers.

Otherwise, let us know when to start spreading the word and Im sure we can fill the spots pretty easily..

Thanks Adan, hope it doesnt come to that.... check the thread on the 12th sep, you will see how many spots are vacant, so you can spread the word

Payment will be sent tonight, had some issues with other commitments and a lack of internet doesnt help.

Make sure you tell your 2 mates you listed aswell.
same deal for them, no pay by 11th = delete

dbr11k
6th September 2012, 01:04 PM
I'm sure it will all work out, today is the day of the week that most peoples bank accounts have money in them.... For a couple of hours at least anyways haha.

if people dont have money today than it will probably be tomorrow, allow two working days for the money to go through and by Tuesday afternoon it should clear... Well that's the ideal senario anyways.

maxhag
6th September 2012, 01:33 PM
and on the 12th of september everyones name who doesnt have PAYED written next to it will be deleated, and we will be taking this externally.

Kind of a bit disappointed with how this is panning out so far.

I know of a few people interested externally.....

Matt
6th September 2012, 02:21 PM
We just need to not over think / complicate / stress about things that are under control... This being the first of many track days, it is expected / acceptable that a few hiccups along the way will occur... The next one will be much more streamlined.

But for those coming, make sure your car is ready and the rest will take care of itself.

Rice86
6th September 2012, 04:31 PM
i got defected today on my way to wakefield park this morning..

but i already got it cleared today at 1:30pm..lol

now i just have to pay for my speeding ticket....=.='

car will now fly under the radar until this track day comes and goes

*sigh* what a waste of money and time today was..

sundee
6th September 2012, 04:54 PM
but you got to the track right?

Rice86
6th September 2012, 06:09 PM
nope !!

fucking cop was a major tool! he wrote on the defect 2 hours to drive home and then until it gets cleared...so i had to go home, cleared the defect..then it was already 1:30pm so to late...

didnt even get a yellow sticker

dbr11k
6th September 2012, 07:51 PM
Disregarding the fines...

Nothing makes me smile more than getting arse raped by a copper that clearly has an issue with the world, only too get the defect cleared that day and cruise past the same cop again.

MoNsTaR
6th September 2012, 08:32 PM
entry form emailed, and payment sent!!!!

jay70
6th September 2012, 08:59 PM
so pumped, considering buying a trailer and tow car just for this lol

evil86
7th September 2012, 12:59 AM
still more keen then ever, i've got few toys lined up so if i cant take one ill take the other:)

jakel
7th September 2012, 01:26 AM
I want to buy a car trailer as my T18 is track car only :( unless I borrow trade plate from work to go for a "test drive" haha. Already got a factory turbo diesel 80 series to tow with now just need a trailer.

maxhag
7th September 2012, 02:27 AM
That sucks Richard...................
What was the defect for?

Rice86
7th September 2012, 09:30 AM
JoJo you wont believe it considering my car is totally "illegal" by AUS standards now haha

driver seat belt worn
wheels x4 poking outside of body
air pod not covered...

AND THATS IT!! then spent 5minutes arguing how my P plates are suppose to be displayed correctly because the P was hiding under number plates etc..

he forgot my fixed bucket seat
adjustable lower control arms
coilovers + whole suspension basically, all rose joint and aftermarket
1 tail light busted
rust
short shifter
LSD
tyres to small for rims
rims bigger then legal limit

all the above doesn't sound serious to us but for a normal person that doesn't know shit and when they're a police officer it'll blow their mind.

i do count myself lucky dont get me wrong lol..just smile and move on is what i say

sundee
7th September 2012, 10:07 AM
nope !!

fucking cop was a major tool! he wrote on the defect 2 hours to drive home and then until it gets cleared...so i had to go home, cleared the defect..then it was already 1:30pm so to late...

didnt even get a yellow sticker

Pfft i would have kept going to the track. stupid coppa.

entry form emailed, and payment sent!!!!

entry form received, just waiting on payment to clear, PAYED will appear next to your name on the 1st page when money is received

so pumped, considering buying a trailer and tow car just for this lol

Thats what i like to hear!

I want to buy a car trailer as my T18 is track car only :( unless I borrow trade plate from work to go for a "test drive" haha. Already got a factory turbo diesel 80 series to tow with now just need a trailer.

Best Tow car in the world!

jakel
7th September 2012, 10:36 AM
Yeah, should tow well. I was going to use my turbo diesel hiace but can't tow fuck all so sold it and got a cruiser.

sundee
7th September 2012, 10:45 AM
i had an 80 series with the 4500 petty motor, on LPG, towed really well.
old man has a turbo diesel 100 series, and that just BS.. effortless

meadan
7th September 2012, 01:19 PM
haha, yeah this event is the only reason I sold my diesel surf and bought the v6 hilux.

jakel
7th September 2012, 03:48 PM
Would have rathered the diesel surf, would have been a slug if it was na but still reliable!

meadan
7th September 2012, 04:31 PM
it was turbo diesel. Not too bad unloaded, but struggled to tow a trailer with 2 bikes on it.

the commo powered hilux has more torque than i could ever need :P

phil
7th September 2012, 08:31 PM
i bought a v6 4runner so i can tow my rolli to this event too lol well not just for this but it pushed me to get one sooner than i was planning.

joel, i have just emailed you my entry form and transfered money to you also so should hopefully be in ur account by tuesday.

Matt
7th September 2012, 09:01 PM
Paid mine today as well

sundee
7th September 2012, 10:38 PM
I wanna buy a dedicated tow rig...a Datsun 720 and chuck a vq25 DET in it

sundee
7th September 2012, 10:39 PM
Thanks guys will add PAYED to your name when moolah clears

jakel
8th September 2012, 01:53 AM
go 720 with turbo td42 haha, torque monster!

sundee
8th September 2012, 11:18 AM
1st page updated with received payments

Matt
10th September 2012, 06:20 PM
This is my current tow rig that i'm building before raleigh...

http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/forums/showthread.php/73274-Toyota-Cressida-MX83-JZS171-VVTI-(jzx110)

Rice86
10th September 2012, 07:35 PM
lol nice Matt

ToySprinta
11th September 2012, 02:26 PM
I'm gonna have to change mine from an entry to a spectator/volunteer - it's too close to a comp for me to risk breaking something :(

meadan
11th September 2012, 07:00 PM
And Ive just had a look at the beginning of my wheel pile.

Anyone want to swap a set of 13" stock ae86 wheels for some others just for the weekend?

Im running nissan wheel studs, so I cant get the stupid toyota shank nuts for the wheels :(

maxhag
12th September 2012, 03:17 AM
Sorry, but what exactly are you asking? You want to borrow rims? and tyres? I Can prob help.....

And Ive just had a look at the beginning of my wheel pile.

Anyone want to swap a set of 13" stock ae86 wheels for some others just for the weekend?

Im running nissan wheel studs, so I cant get the stupid toyota shank nuts for the wheels :(

meadan
12th September 2012, 06:47 AM
Yeah basically.

I have a set of stock ae86 wheels with tires that I cant use. So I can bring them along for someone else to use, if they have some wheels which will fit on my car.

Or I can give them away and buy another set if someone wants them :)

Rice86
12th September 2012, 07:58 AM
you can't use stock nissan wheel nuts Adan?

meadan
12th September 2012, 08:16 AM
I will try, if i can find some.

But i got the wheels for free, so I dont want to buy nuts if I could use the money to buy other wheels.

Rice86
12th September 2012, 10:42 AM
Walk around at night and take 1 nut per wheel on every pulsar or bluebird or 180sx until you have enough!!

Jokes don't do that haha

Pick and pay nothing would be the best place for cheap oem Nissan wheel nuts.

jakel
12th September 2012, 12:12 PM
Cost stuff all for some nuts from autobarn were only just tapered ones though but they should still work, as in still hold wheel wheel tight.

Matt
12th September 2012, 12:44 PM
Those who haven't paid by midnight or at least contacted Joel for an extension for payment will lose their spots.

dbr11k
12th September 2012, 09:41 PM
So what are the final numbers? I'm pretty keen for a spot lol

Rice86
13th September 2012, 10:37 AM
Max spots are 25 or so, and how things are looking spots may open up for people on waiting list then the public i can only assume

sundee
13th September 2012, 01:18 PM
Right, so as i said, come the 12th. today, everyone who has expressed intrest that has not payed will be deleated.
1st post updated.

here is the standby list:

Standby List: (Only if someone pulls out)
1. RO78IN, Matt
2. evil86, Phuc
3. dbr11k, Dion

The only way anyone will get there name on the list will be if they pay and submit an entry form, no exceptions.

Matt, go ahead with what we have spoken about.

maxhag
13th September 2012, 02:38 PM
So, should I be asking people (external) if they are interested?

Jacobxxx
13th September 2012, 02:39 PM
I transferred mulah man

Jacobxxx
13th September 2012, 02:40 PM
Also I don't have Internet other than my phone right now so can I do form l8r

Matt
13th September 2012, 02:59 PM
Yep jojo go for it...

I've had 4 pms on facebook in the past 10 minutes so the spots will fill quickly.

evil86
13th September 2012, 03:59 PM
Sweet as. ill send payment tonight joel

sundee
13th September 2012, 07:17 PM
So, should I be asking people (external) if they are interested?

yeah mate - go for it

I transferred mulah man

PM sent

Sweet as. ill send payment tonight joel

Dont forget your entry form 2 man

evil86
14th September 2012, 05:00 PM
All paid for.

Phuoc (ae86)

dbr11k
15th September 2012, 10:30 AM
I'm all payed joel, probably won't show up till Monday but.

sundee
15th September 2012, 06:04 PM
Dont forget entry form Dion

meadan
15th September 2012, 06:15 PM
I just had a play with the db meter in an industrial area.

How will they be measuring theirs?

Directly behind the exhaust, about 10m away. I got a reading of 90db at 6000rpm, but it spikes to about 98db when I back off.

Do you have any idea how captain anal they will be?

sundee
15th September 2012, 06:26 PM
The DB meter needs to be set to A weight.
an industrial area is not a very good place to do it... the reflections of metal buildings add alot more then you would think.

the limit is 94dba @ 10m @ 6000 rpm

Best to go to your local sports field or something like that.

meadan
15th September 2012, 06:34 PM
yep had it on dba setting.

And yeah, I had it backed over a large field, had to drive for ages till i could find anywhere without traffic...

I might need to pack the muffler a bit more and try again.

dbr11k
15th September 2012, 06:34 PM
My computer has shit a ring gear so I'll send the details through to you again?

sundee
15th September 2012, 06:52 PM
got them man. ;)

dbr11k
16th September 2012, 08:15 AM
Awesome, its locked in now, gotta get stuck in to it! Hopefully it's same day delivery tomorrow ;) have a few days off work

sundee
16th September 2012, 11:24 AM
ha dreaming, 3 days atleast.

dbr11k
16th September 2012, 11:34 AM
Bugger it I've got 3 days off as of Monday haha

sundee
16th September 2012, 06:49 PM
cheaper to drive up and pick it up then freight it all.

dbr11k
16th September 2012, 07:49 PM
Can you pm me how much it ended up costing for postage, I'll might be able to organise a ute and drive there tomorrow

Sprinter Freak
16th September 2012, 10:07 PM
what happened with this, looks like pretty much everyone has bailed:/

run-it-hard
17th September 2012, 12:38 AM
Was talking to Adan today and I was thinking more about the DB testing.

Are they just worried about exhaust noise? what about the guys with ITB's or Screamers etc, do they check engine noise too, or whatever emits to the rear end of the car?

p.s, really pumped for this. Should be a epic weekend!

run-it-hard
17th September 2012, 12:58 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m47XGyEoUT0

A good watch for the guys that haven't been to Raleigh before. Mostly second gear (depending on gear ratio for you guys I spose), looks fun as!

jakel
17th September 2012, 01:35 AM
Whats it like on tyres?

maxhag
17th September 2012, 02:13 AM
the track is pretty "glossy" cause its a go cart track. I found it easy on tyres when I was there a few months ago in my 4AGTE AE86......

Matt
17th September 2012, 09:02 AM
Allot of people wasted Joels time and said they'd go but didn't pay up by the due date... It's stressful enough trying to organise something like this without time wasters.

There are only a couple of spots remaining now.

sundee
17th September 2012, 12:06 PM
what happened with this, looks like pretty much everyone has bailed:/

yeah tell me about it... when it comes to the crunch it seperates the boys from the girls

Was talking to Adan today and I was thinking more about the DB testing.

Are they just worried about exhaust noise? what about the guys with ITB's or Screamers etc, do they check engine noise too, or whatever emits to the rear end of the car?

p.s, really pumped for this. Should be a epic weekend!

Screamers will be a no go, ITB will be fine.
the DB output is measured at a distance of 10m to the rear of the car.

Ill attach a file with all the info thats has been sent to me by raleigh.

jay70
17th September 2012, 01:17 PM
im guessing staight pipe sr20det is too loud?

also from that vid we don't need to wear longs?

run-it-hard
17th September 2012, 02:23 PM
yeah tell me about it... when it comes to the crunch it seperates the boys from the girls

Screamers will be a no go, ITB will be fine.
the DB output is measured at a distance of 10m to the rear of the car.

Ill attach a file with all the info thats has been sent to me by raleigh.

Sweet as, that'll be good!

sundee
17th September 2012, 02:56 PM

Dont take that vid to be a clean cut example... bring longs, as it states longs need to be worn.

IVe got an SR with a full 3 in system, no cat, and the rest is a Kakimoto hyper N1, and it will be fine.
its not going to be heaps strict, but no screamers and a straight pipe exhaust , no mufflers wont pass either.

run-it-hard
17th September 2012, 03:08 PM

I reckon that'll be too loud. Best thing to do would be to get a DB meter app for your phone and check it out. Better to be safe than sorry.

Here's one for the iPhone that is super simple to use.

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/db-volume/id457245262?mt=8

I think Jaycar sell them for $30+ too if you wanted to be super safe.

Things could of changed from when that video was made, I posted it more to show the layout and what gears you'd use etc in car.

jakel
17th September 2012, 03:18 PM
Hopefully one muffler in the v8 will be enough :/ haha. Have an event at lakeside here so if it's fine here it will be fine there.

dbr11k
17th September 2012, 11:48 PM
Will be getting my DBa meter out on Wednesday for a test I think..

Thanks for taking the time to meet me today to Joel, used about $70 fuel so saved a shit load.

sundee
18th September 2012, 12:30 PM
You don't need to test yours D, it will be fine.
Don't waste your cash on a metre .

sundee
18th September 2012, 12:32 PM
It's not going to be super strict guys, if your a few db over you will be ok, if your pushing 100 though, forget it

dbr11k
18th September 2012, 12:49 PM
Just curious, I've got a decent one I used to use for a sound off car I owned

ToySprinta
18th September 2012, 12:52 PM
Careful with sound guys - the old fellah out there was measuring from the outside of the sweeper

My car tested at 88db with the old 10m rule, but spiked out to 102db out on track :( Had to fit a baked bean tin with holes cut into it onto the back

sundee
18th September 2012, 01:16 PM
Forgot Dion, you might need to rig something up for that screamer pipe .

jakel
18th September 2012, 03:16 PM
Its just like lakeside if they measure from the track, just dump pipe on the opposite side from where they're measuring from.

jay70
18th September 2012, 04:05 PM
who was getting the cheap tyres? do you have a way to get them up to raleigh?

i heard again today that this track tends to eat tyres

sundee
18th September 2012, 05:00 PM
So much mixed feedback... Have to talk to T-nol , he is supplying tyres .
Maybe gunner can hoy some up?

dbr11k
18th September 2012, 07:53 PM
ahk, I'll rig some sort of silencer up for it, or maybe weld a flange on so I can plumb it back when I have to

86JAP
18th September 2012, 09:04 PM
Like Steve said they measure out on track and in the pits and sorry to say Joel but they WILL be strict on noise and WILL check turbo cars for screamers, last round we had all cars under the limit and they whinged about tyre noise. So I would recommend cars be under the 94db.

dbr11k
18th September 2012, 10:07 PM
How would a slip in baffle go? Like used on motorbikes.. Would it still be too loud? (for the screamer pipe I mean)

sundee
18th September 2012, 11:37 PM
Just need a screw to hold it in .
I'm just going from what I've been told.
I would like everyone 94dba or under just so it's not a waste of your time.

maxhag
19th September 2012, 03:23 AM
No panic, but we only have 12 people? Not even half. Only a month and a half away, its gonna creep up quick......

What are your thoughts Joel? Is there a plan B if it happens to come to that?

dbr11k
19th September 2012, 04:13 AM
Just posted this on rollaclub.. Hope I don't get on shit off either forum but that should assure the spots get filled quickly

here is the link http://www.rollaclub.com/board/topic/62607-drift-fest-01-raleigh-int-raceway-10-spots-left/

sundee
19th September 2012, 12:40 PM
We actually have 16 now, just need to update the list.
Putting it up on some other sites today, I think we will be fine. ;)

sundee
19th September 2012, 06:45 PM
1st post now edited with all the info you need to know about the event.

sundee
19th September 2012, 06:46 PM
7 spots now remaining!!!

t-nol
19th September 2012, 06:58 PM
Entry form emailed, PM me the banks details pls Joel.

sundee
19th September 2012, 10:55 PM
Details sent via email.

Jacobxxx
19th September 2012, 11:04 PM
So my 15 year old brother can't passenger?

Matt
19th September 2012, 11:33 PM
If everyone on facebook could goto the ae86dc page

http://www.facebook.com/pages/AE86-Driving-Club#!/pages/AE86-Driving-Club/142585972481539

and make comments + share the raleigh post it'll see the spots fill up quickly.

sundee
20th September 2012, 12:07 AM
Correct 16yrs of age or older.

Jacobxxx
20th September 2012, 12:19 AM
It's going to be great seeing him cry hahaha

Matt
20th September 2012, 07:42 AM

Big meanie!

t-nol
20th September 2012, 08:47 AM
Paid, done and dusted. Thanks Joel.

sundee
20th September 2012, 09:32 AM

I wasn't expecting that. Hahaha

dbr11k
20th September 2012, 06:35 PM
Lmao cunny funt

dbr11k
20th September 2012, 06:37 PM
Oh also I re sent my payment through the branch this time

jakel
20th September 2012, 07:34 PM
Whats with recommending having tow ball fitted?
I've got 2 tow points on either end of the car.

dbr11k
20th September 2012, 11:33 PM
I think that's just for street cars, it says a bit further down "towball/hooks fitted"

And we need fire extuinguisher fitted ? Assume it would have to be "A:B (E) Class" ?

jay70
24th September 2012, 06:55 PM
can i have extinguisher in glovebox or does it need to be bolted to something?

sundee
24th September 2012, 07:40 PM
Whats with recommending having tow ball fitted?
I've got 2 tow points on either end of the car.

tow balls or Tow hooks. standard tow points will work, but not the best thing.

can i have extinguisher in glovebox or does it need to be bolted to something?

no installs specifics were given. easy access would be a thing to think about.

ill just double check that this is needed, as the info they sent me was for competition purposes, and i just edited it to suit.

86JAP
24th September 2012, 08:29 PM
Extinguishers need to be in reach of the driver wen in the seat with a belt/harness on.

Matt
24th September 2012, 08:33 PM
Lets fill the remaining spots guys... So ask around if you know someone who would be keen.

sundee
25th September 2012, 12:07 AM
Extinguishers need to be in reach of the driver wen in the seat with a belt/harness on.

where did you get that info from sam? does not seem practical at all..

if thats the case, id need to mount the thing on my door or on top of my center console.... or the steering wheel :S

jakel
25th September 2012, 01:32 AM
With a harness on would be a bit hard but sounds like that's where its meant to be. My car just has the standard tow eyelet things, but don't plan on needing to be towed, haha.

maxhag
25th September 2012, 01:38 AM
^^^ This is a CAMS regulation.

Since this is not a CAMS regulated event, it is up to the owners really. Dont quote me on this, but Go-karts dont need extinguishers, and this is a Go-kart track, so I doubt they will demand one, but in saying that, It is wise to carry one for your own piece of mind. Cars burn quick, and it will be your car burning...... They only cost $20-30....

When I competed at round 2 there this year, the scruitineering went like this:

Guys walks up to me and says "Is this your car?"
I reply "Yeah mate"
He says "Is it safe?"
I reply "Well I just drove from Canberra"
He says "Thats good enough for me"
And he put the passed sticker on the windscreen........

It was that simple. He didn't even look at the car......
My car was setup for CAMS events tho........

dbr11k
25th September 2012, 02:05 AM
my spot is free to a good home :(

i really hate that I have to do this but I just won't be able to afford everything.. my spot was for two days plus Friday night camping so $230, contact Joel if you're interested and go from there

ToySprinta
25th September 2012, 10:24 AM
Shared a fire extinguisher there once.
Had it in the glovebox of one car, then once that was checked, chucked it in the glovebox of another car to be checked :p

86JAP
25th September 2012, 11:00 AM
where did you get that info from sam? does not seem practical at all..

if thats the case, id need to mount the thing on my door or on top of my center console.... or the steering wheel :S

Just going on what I heard the him say at round 4, he checked it in slider4life's car where it is mounted between the front seats, probly should check with them Joel..

jakel
25th September 2012, 12:10 PM
Has alot to do with what the car looks like as well, if it looks like it's unsafe and going to kill someone like some drift cars do they will usually have a decent look over it and some cars should as I've seen some with tec screws and coins holding the drivers seat in. But if the car looks clean usual will go as above.

meadan
25th September 2012, 01:26 PM
how many spots left?

Ill try to spread the word a bit more to help fill whatever is left..

Rice86
27th September 2012, 09:13 AM
Not long now boys and girls!!

Matt
27th September 2012, 09:24 AM
Has everyone got their tyre orders placed?

sundee
27th September 2012, 06:27 PM
how many spots left?

Ill try to spread the word a bit more to help fill whatever is left..

7 spots left, spread the word guys! We need these spots filled

dbr11k
29th September 2012, 03:49 AM
Shiiiiit... I'm still working my arse off to get my car done, it all comes down to if I can get a good balance of work vs workingoncar time going.. Hope I can afford it !!

sundee
29th September 2012, 10:15 PM
Just to confirm fire extinguishers are required, no specific install is required.
You can run without one, BUT if your car happens to require the services of the tracks fire extinguisher, you will be charged a fee.

sundee
1st October 2012, 05:02 PM
Ok guys, I'm just putting this out there as if it keeps going the way it is it going to look pretty dismal .

We are now 1 month away from this event, I still need 7 more drivers to make this event happen.

I said to myself from the start that iwont be out of pocket for this event, I actually thought I'd get a raging response...

ATM, I haven't sent thru a deposit, because I had a gut feeling this might happen.

The bottom line is we need 7 more drivers or I'm going to pull the pin ( yes you will get your money back - 100% of it)

I don't want it to happen this way, but there are no other real options.

Right now - if it were to go ahead with the 17 guys that have payed , everyone would have to pay an additional $90 each.

Something to think about.

I'm not a member of alot of forums....

If you are however... Like Nissan Silvia, Cressida forums, mx5 forums, other Toyota forums... Whatever...
Can you please seek approval to post the 1st page of this thread in there events section?

This may get us the numbers we need to get us over the line.... Or hassle your mates and mates of.

Let me know your thoughts.

I would really like this event to go ahead....for all of us.

maxhag
1st October 2012, 05:25 PM
Try sending a message to "Toysprinta" (Steve) onb this forum.....
He is highly involved in the world of drifting in Australia, and I reckon he could proberley get some spots filled....

SEND HIM A PM

dbr11k
1st October 2012, 08:52 PM
I've posted this up on rolla club, had a few inboxes with questions but no takers yet.

Also on another note I got my car to the point where I could scare the shit of my self up the driveway today.. So I might be coming yet, and I won't mind paying the extra $90.

maxhag
2nd October 2012, 01:51 AM
Worst comes to worst, I will also pay the $90....

meadan
2nd October 2012, 08:29 AM
Ill pay the extra $90 too.

But Ive posted this on JDMST now also, should get a few bites there....

Rice86
2nd October 2012, 12:40 PM
im happy to pay the extra $90, means more of everything for the two days for the drivers =D

sundee
2nd October 2012, 02:46 PM
I've posted this up on rolla club, had a few inboxes with questions but no takers yet.

Also on another note I got my car to the point where I could scare the shit of my self up the driveway today.. So I might be coming yet, and I won't mind paying the extra $90.

Ill pay the extra $90 too.

But Ive posted this on JDMST now also, should get a few bites there....

Thanks guys!

Just a reminder , if you get any pm's on other forums, give them my email if they have any enquiries just to keep it simple.

run-it-hard
2nd October 2012, 03:28 PM
Posted this on my blog and will spam it out on my build threads!

More than happy to pay the additional $90 if need be.

http://run-it-hard.com/2012/10/ae86dc-raleigh-drift-fest/

sundee
2nd October 2012, 04:16 PM
Brilliant! Thanks bro

Matt
4th October 2012, 01:50 AM
Got my tow car just about sorted... To the point where i've got the wiring ready to go.

Starting to run out of time now for the actual drift pig.

jakel
4th October 2012, 02:38 AM
What have you got to tow with? I wouldn't mind getting my own trailer. Oh yeah my car is getting there, haha. Got engine in last weekend. just all the little bits and paint to go.

meadan
4th October 2012, 08:17 AM
Matt, just take the cressida if the other car isnt ready :P

Also, when is the last cut off joel? Cause I want to buy the tires and book a trailer, but would rather not have the event cancelled after doing that.

Gunner
4th October 2012, 09:51 AM
Got my tow car just about sorted... To the point where i've got the wiring ready to go.

Starting to run out of time now for the actual drift pig.

well order the tensioner bolt already!!!!!

sundee
4th October 2012, 10:18 AM
im actually really disappointed right now hay.... fuk guys would rather pay $250 for a few hrs on a friday night, then 10% less then that and have 2 full days... go figure!

anyway, i think im putting a week , maybe a week and a half max... so say Monday the 15th October.

If i don't have at least 3 more driver enter im pulling the Pin...

Why?.... because ATM, everyone else would need to chip in approx. $90 each extra to make it happen.

if we have 20 drivers - it brings it down to $55 each extra.

yeah i know its shit, and what is the most annoying, I had a list of 25 + 4 on standby.
and lost 13 drivers at crunch time.

dbr11k
4th October 2012, 10:18 AM
Everything was looking up like I was going to make it in time.. Just had fiddley shit left to do and wheel alignment. And I fucking blow the turbo.

meadan
4th October 2012, 10:32 AM
Ok, so 10 days to find at least 3 more people.

Gonna go spam the shit out of this on facebook and bust some knuckles i thinks....

sundee
4th October 2012, 11:39 AM
im pretty sure i have one more guy i can get to come.... gonna make a call.

dbr11k
4th October 2012, 11:39 AM
Someone post it on the 'drift sales' pages.. And ke70 etc . I would but I don't have a computer at the moment

Matt
4th October 2012, 12:05 PM
Joel you have a pm.

Guys ask around to fill the remaining spots...

Matt
4th October 2012, 12:30 PM
Sorry guys about the image on every page now linking to this thread... Once the spots are full i'll remove it. But at least that will grab everyones attention that may have missed it by not coming into the events area.

run-it-hard
4th October 2012, 02:35 PM
Everything was looking up like I was going to make it in time.. Just had fiddley shit left to do and wheel alignment. And I fucking blow the turbo.

Fix it?

My car is still auto, with a open diff and standard turbo.. I've got ALOT of shit to do but hey I'm not going to let it stop me from getting to the event :D

That is if it still goes on, I fucking hope it does, really keen to try out this track!!

jakel
4th October 2012, 02:57 PM
I've only just got the engine in, still need to mount pedal box, brake lines, fuel lines, oil cooler lines, engine wiring, get exhaust manifold modded, get tailshaft made, and alot of other little things.

Matt
4th October 2012, 03:01 PM
If it isn't running on the day jake, trailor it down and we'll finish it for you between runs.. Just make sure you have all the parts.

maxhag
4th October 2012, 03:03 PM
Hey Matt/Joel,

Providing this still all goes ahead, is there a plan for a group drive up there from Syd/Newcastle?
I will be staying in Newcastle on the Thursday night, So it would be good to meet up with any other Newcastle people or meet with the Syd crew as you guys come near Newy to drive up on the friday.....

Matt
4th October 2012, 03:05 PM
Yeah mate there will be a group meeting Friday morning around 10 so at newcastle by mid afternoon.

evil86
4th October 2012, 03:13 PM
hope its still one guys, my car is in its last legs and tune is coming very soon. trailer is organised, now a tow car. is there a convoy travelling up north on friday night

jakel
4th October 2012, 04:01 PM
Sweet, thanks. Hopefully be done in a couple of weeks I would like to get it done soon so I don't have to do last minute things, haha.
Hopefully this is the weekend before the last of the V8 series here in brissy, go up at lakeside or ipswich raceway against v8 commodores and falcons, haha.

Rice86
4th October 2012, 06:24 PM
no way i took leave off work on the monday after cause i know i wouldn't be fuck working on the monday..time to spam some more

sundee
4th October 2012, 06:53 PM
If it isn't running on the day jake, trailor it down and we'll finish it for you between runs.. Just make sure you have all the parts.

this!

Hey Matt/Joel,

Providing this still all goes ahead, is there a plan for a group drive up there from Syd/Newcastle?
I will be staying in Newcastle on the Thursday night, So it would be good to meet up with any other Newcastle people or meet with the Syd crew as you guys come near Newy to drive up on the friday.....

yeah for sure... so we keep it on the main roads... im thinking Hornsby macca for the meet up, then for newcastle, either just the servo on the left just after we turn off the F3 onto the pac hwy... or just off to the left after the hexham bridge.
there is also a Maccas on the pac hwy near raymond terrace .

meadan
4th October 2012, 08:26 PM
We will probly need to do a few fuel stops though. I think my hilux will be lucky to get 300km to a tank with a car and trailer on the back....

Gunner
4th October 2012, 08:49 PM
Ok guys i have just confirmed 4 spots incl a 400kw supra to make things interesting lol just some bank details...

sundee
4th October 2012, 11:28 PM
Bam need a semi to supply tyres for the supra.
Gunner just make sure all Tye boys get to read all of the 1st post in this thread.
Don't want guys rocking up with cars that won't be allowed on the track.
That would be devo.

You have pm

This is very positive and might just get us over the line... Yeww party on

dbr11k
5th October 2012, 12:03 AM
Fix it?

My car is still auto, with a open diff and standard turbo.. I've got ALOT of shit to do but hey I'm not going to let it stop me from getting to the event :D

That is if it still goes on, I fucking hope it does, really keen to try out this track!!

I wish it was that easy, the turbo is basically going to need an entire new core assembly and its not exactley something off the shelf, going to cost thousands to fix! And I was already pushing it finacially to get there :(

Great news on the 4 spots! I wanna see a shit load of footage from the weekend, might even still come up for a squiz seen as I've still got time off.

jakel
5th October 2012, 01:46 AM
I'm thinking the cruiser should get there and back on one fill up :)

maxhag
5th October 2012, 04:28 AM
I wish it was that easy, the turbo is basically going to need an entire new core assembly and its not exactley something off the shelf, going to cost thousands to fix! And I was already pushing it finacially to get there :(

Great news on the 4 spots! I wanna see a shit load of footage from the weekend, might even still come up for a squiz seen as I've still got time off.

What motor and manifold you got? If its a 4AGTE I have a couple of T25G turbos spare. Not exactly huge, but plenty good enough for a 4AGTE at Raleigh.... If it means it will get your car going for this event, you can have the turbo for free.

Let me know if you need it....

JoJo

Gunner
5th October 2012, 07:40 AM
^^^ shit like that, makes me happy

Gunner
5th October 2012, 07:42 AM
Oh and the supra will.do a set in 2 passes of ec maintracl hahaha thats how hard we push it

sundee
5th October 2012, 11:37 AM
Whoo carnage

jay70
5th October 2012, 01:19 PM
Finally got a chance to give the 180 a proper shakedown last night, skids so sick with the new steering setup. So keen

run-it-hard
5th October 2012, 02:00 PM

Sorry to hear man :verysad:

Can you run it NA? :P

dbr11k
6th October 2012, 12:35 AM
Holy sheet that's a generous offer but I will have to pass, the dude that was going to tow the car up for me can't get the time off anymore and i still wont be able to afford the whole things.. Thanks again but ! Really really generous offer !!

sundee
6th October 2012, 12:55 PM
Sorry to hear man :verysad:

Can you run it NA? :P

Comp is to low, + not worth buying headers for it, may aswell put that money into fixing the turbo.

Holy sheet that's a generous offer but I will have to pass, the dude that was going to tow the car up for me can't get the time off anymore and i still wont be able to afford the whole things.. Thanks again but ! Really really generous offer !!

This sux man!

dbr11k
6th October 2012, 02:02 PM
Hmmm.. Oh well I'll be first in and best dressed for the next event anyhow, should have any gremlins out of the car by then and a bit of practice under my belt!

Gunner
7th October 2012, 07:37 AM
After driving sprots.night last night were down 3 drivers again... See nissans suck.

Rice86
7th October 2012, 07:57 AM
Again I'm still more then happy to pay an extra 90-150 on top just to make thus happen, it's still worth the money at that price

dbr11k
7th October 2012, 08:16 AM
I'm possibly back in the game, bought a cheap n/a s13, just need to sort rego and manual conversion.. I'm also still happy to pay a bit extra, means more track time ! :)

sundee
7th October 2012, 11:44 AM
After driving sprots.night last night were down 3 drivers again... See nissans suck.

Does this mean those blokes you told me about, who im waiting for a payment from are now out Gunner?

Matt
7th October 2012, 12:20 PM
This is proving to be a stressful head fuck guys....

Gunner
7th October 2012, 12:25 PM
Its looking that way, just tryong to find some replacements.

Gunner
7th October 2012, 12:57 PM
Keep youre fingers crossed lads, we may have our 5 by the end of the day

Matt
7th October 2012, 01:35 PM
To make up some of the gap, the bbq / softdrink / food that was going to be free will now be charged for at bunnings style pricing... A facebook event has also been created, i was trying to keep it low key initially but this should see the spots filled. Joel i'll transfer that $$ we spoke about on Tuesday.

jakel
7th October 2012, 01:43 PM
I'm not fussed either way if it goes ahead or not, or even maybe see if you can try to change the date? Might get a few more people.

Matt
7th October 2012, 02:08 PM
Its only a case of filling a couple of spots and we are good to go... there is a contingency in place, but that will only be a last resort and we will be drifting november 3rd to 4th

Gunner
7th October 2012, 05:35 PM
Looking good guys..

meadan
7th October 2012, 06:28 PM
major head fuck to organise something big like this. Good work guys!

As soon as its 110% booked Ill pay for the trailer and buy the tires. :)

sundee
7th October 2012, 09:47 PM
I'm not fussed either way if it goes ahead or not, or even maybe see if you can try to change the date? Might get a few more people.

Date wont be changed, its make or break.
and it it breaks, stuff doing this again.

To make up some of the gap, the bbq / softdrink / food that was going to be free will now be charged for at bunnings style pricing... A facebook event has also been created, i was trying to keep it low key initially but this should see the spots filled. Joel i'll transfer that $$ we spoke about on Tuesday.

Roger that

Gunner
7th October 2012, 10:13 PM
Massive props.to you joel, i would of given up weeks ago lol tge work you and Matt have done to get this going should really be appreciated. Hopefully it all works out this week.

jakel
7th October 2012, 10:31 PM
Oh I appreciate the work gone into it! Just a shame lots of people backed out, if it happens again, get some sort of deposit.

sundee
7th October 2012, 11:54 PM
Massive props.to you joel, i would of given up weeks ago lol tge work you and Matt have done to get this going should really be appreciated. Hopefully it all works out this week.

Oh I appreciate the work gone into it! Just a shame lots of people backed out, if it happens again, get some sort of deposit.

thanks boys, we just need a few more to get us over the line.
it will be an epic weekend, track time will be huge, nightime camp garage should be sweet 2 ;)

dbr11k
8th October 2012, 05:18 AM
Work was dead quiet tonight so I spammed the shit out of that event on Facebook.. Also it says something like 1600 people are invited.. so I have a feeling the spots will be filled VERY quickly!

Matt
8th October 2012, 09:36 AM
Haha yeah my bad.... Spam

run-it-hard
8th October 2012, 01:51 PM
Been trying to get people to on this, but everyones seems to have some pissy excuse =/ I shall keep pumping it out. Really don't want to this to fall to shit, it'll be a massive shame!

Matt
8th October 2012, 10:00 PM
If the remaining spots aren't filled by friday the event will be cancelled guys, so ask around guys if you want this to happen.

Rice86
8th October 2012, 10:47 PM
what!! no way, you cant pull the plug this early, i painted my car for this event too!! *not* but you get my drift..

sundee
8th October 2012, 11:10 PM
in the end of the day, im not going to loose money out of my own pocket on this... if we dont get the numbers its getting the can.

dbr11k
8th October 2012, 11:21 PM
Find out if everyone is willing to pay the gap ? Would be a shame if this goes to shit..

run-it-hard
9th October 2012, 12:57 AM
Yeah, don't can it yet!

What's the extra cost if we are at our current number? $90? so an extra $45 a day for even MORE track time? Deffinately worth it!

run-it-hard
9th October 2012, 01:19 AM
Just posted it on NS!

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?app=calendar&module=calendar&section=view&do=showevent&event_id=658

run-it-hard
9th October 2012, 01:24 AM
and again! I hope this will get us over the line!

http://www.nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=523402

I copied/pasted your templete off GayDMST Adan, hope you don't mind.

dbr11k
9th October 2012, 08:39 AM
Picked up my new Silvia last night for this, n/a but goes like the clappers... What ever that goes like..

rego check this Friday and then manual conversion :)

sundee
9th October 2012, 12:12 PM
i just posted in up on SecretDrift and waiting for approval from Royal Drift... Matt is onto the boys at Marvel Drift from Newcastle.
Stuff me if we cant get 7 from these and NS, there is seriously something wrong.

Thanks for your hard work boys!

appreciated

run-it-hard
9th October 2012, 12:56 PM
I sent a message to Marvel last night too haha. C'mon 7 more people!!

dbr11k
9th October 2012, 03:41 PM
I asked a few mates who live in coffs/port .. Waiting on one to double check if they can get time off work.

Matt
9th October 2012, 05:57 PM
2 down 5 to go...

run-it-hard
9th October 2012, 06:41 PM
Go go go!!

What happened to getting 3 minimum and paying the extra? Still a go-er worst case?

Rice86
9th October 2012, 07:51 PM
queensland people know about this?

sundee
9th October 2012, 09:22 PM
Yeah it's on the QLD section on here.
It's on
86DC
NS.com
Rolla club
Secret drift
OurDrift

Sure there is more

Rice86
9th October 2012, 10:13 PM
JDMST
HachiRoku
facebook..

there has to be drifters that live in Coffs' that would attend...

Matt
10th October 2012, 11:58 PM
Any more bites yet guys?

jakel
11th October 2012, 01:46 AM
If you find one more person to fill my spot by coincidance I would give it up I can most likey get it ready in time just would prefer to have more time to do things more thorough.

But if not as it seems to be hard to find people anyway ill get it ready some how, or just lock the diff on my new T18 and hope for the best, haha. Either way I'll be there anyway either driving or watching, I would prefer watching as I don't like rushing things, but as said if necessary :)

willeE7
11th October 2012, 02:15 AM
I'd love to enter this but it would be realllllly stretching me out for funds (borrowing/hiring a trailer etc.) and it's sounding like my car won't be allowed on the track. Mainly noise restrictions but my wiring is absolutely everywhere. Don't know if they'd like it...
I'll check back and see if I've got the cash a bit later on..

jakel
11th October 2012, 02:22 AM
You've got till Friday I think, haha.

willeE7
11th October 2012, 04:36 AM
Well there it goes anyway. I'll be keen on the next one?

meadan
11th October 2012, 09:03 AM
I dont think people understand.

This is the one to make it to.
If this doesnt go ahead, I highly doubt there will be another.

If there was one event you want to push to make it to, it would be this one. If 25 spots at such a cheap price cant be filled, I dont see why anyone would ever bother trying to organise another day for us....

Matt
11th October 2012, 09:26 AM
I dont think people understand.

If this doesnt go ahead, I highly doubt there will be another.

Correct

sundee
11th October 2012, 10:08 AM
The whole point of me organizing this was to make an event available that was not like every other one you see.
Eg.
Expensive entry fees And Little track to because of huge entry numbers.

It's takes a lot of time to organise an event, and time that I don't really have to be honest.
BUT I really want this event to happen, I think once guys realize what can be had for such a reasonable cost, they will flip.
+ it's getting together with like minded people. Talk cars and crap and generally have a good time.
The community needs a kik up the ass I feel. Seems a bit segrigated .
Events like this will make it a heap better hay.

jakel
11th October 2012, 10:52 AM
Well I think I have changed my mind, if it does go ahead, i'll try to get my car driving or get my other suitable to drift :)

Rice86
11th October 2012, 11:42 AM
Well I think I have changed my mind, if it does go ahead, i'll try to get my car driving or get my other suitable to drift :)

that's like saying, i dont need to be healthy because im not an athlete or sports person.

You should be getting your car sorted regardless for an event or not lol.

im trying to bait 1 friend which should be able to drag one more person...but he wont have a drift car until 3 weeks time so he wont confirm until he gets a drift car..bloody honda boys

jakel
11th October 2012, 12:01 PM
Well time and work makes it hard to work on the car at all, and then need to find the motivation.

sundee
11th October 2012, 12:19 PM

Well time and work makes it hard to work on the car at all, and then need to find the motivation.

Good to hear bro, make this event your motivation .
I've still gotta rebuild an engine, and other crust.

maxhag
11th October 2012, 01:06 PM
Doesn't anyone own any working fucking 86's?

Seriously, AE86 owners in Australia are truly hopeless kents..... Seems to be more of an ghey "image/fashion" thing for BOYS these days, rather than MEN building these classic performing cars and driving them.
I would hate to think of how many AE86's have been ruined here in OZ, by boys slapping together 86's in a rough fashion, with little mechanical knowledge, using shit used old parts, mis-matched parts that have negitive effects, but "look cool" cause it's "JDM", all to have a "JDM AE86" status....... Posers, wannabe, dreamers, are all words that come to mind.

When you see the pics of AE86 meets in Japan, Sure some might look like beaters, but I assure you they are very well built cars.... You get hundreds of high quality AE86's turn up. So if that is JDM (in Japan fucking!), then the AE86 scene in Australia, is way off the mark........

maxhag
11th October 2012, 01:23 PM
^^ I am not trying to dis-courage anyone by the way, just thinking out loud.......
But if this event isn't enough motivation, I have no answer to that....

sundee
11th October 2012, 01:28 PM
So we can see... Nice rant BTW
You are right , more 86's in Australia are sitting in garages then being driven.

Anyone who needs a hand getting there rig finished... Bring it Friday and we can all help sort it..
And don't bring your fuking engine In a box!

jakel
11th October 2012, 02:17 PM
Haha, yeah. Mine might look rough but everything is done properly. It hasn't even been off the road for a year and on mechanics wages it was hard to gather up all the parts, haha. I had to spend a couple of weeks pulling parts of a celsior that I bought for the engine, but ended up getting the engine for nothing so was worth it in the end for an engine that I knew all the history of and even drove it and did a big skid at work, did a good skid in the celsior so it'll be interesting how it does one in the T18.

Also I'm a bit over the whole stretch and hellaflush look for now, more after performance and how the car drives, but still want the car to look good but a bit different to some of the ke70 and ae86 here, might have some 225/50 15 semislicks for steer tyres if I can afford it once it drives :)

Rice86
11th October 2012, 03:00 PM
to add to jojo's rant

ive seen both side of the fence, from having no money to live on per week and some how managed to buy my very own AE86 with my $90 a week earned cash, finding best *rubbish* bang for buck upgrades and trying to make the car something it was never going to be.

then moving onto buying a JDM car which ended up still fucking me around which was my own fault before i had a decent AE86, which is now the JDM running gear in a ADM shell..which was an expensive but smartest thing ive done so far with AE86..i paid the price but it was worth it.

project ae86 are just that, forever projects, and thats why i'll never call any of my futures cars a project car, not going to fall into that trap again LOL

i love how new "guys" come along and buy a ae86 and wanting to know what it takes to make it a good car.. it was already good but you now just dug yourself a hole you dont know how to get out of.

keep it shit simple..simple

maxhag
11th October 2012, 03:19 PM
Maybe the Australian AE86 scene is broken/poor, because it has something to do with the "average" income for for AE86 fans/owners.....
I am guessing that the fans start off as boys really wanting one, but move onto newer cars as they get older and their incomes get bigger as they get career jobs etc..... But then there are the others (majority), who have lower incomes, and spend their life with forever unfinished project like Richard has said. I am guessing this is a large part as to why most AE86 owners and their cars are like they are, as they are mostly owned by boys with dreams, but no money.....
Then there is the blokes who do have well paid jobs, and keep/stay with good and RUNNING AE86's in their adult lives instead of moving on to newer cars.... But we are the minority......

Not hanging shit on poor people, but I reckon this is pretty "on the money" (excuse the pun)..

jakel
11th October 2012, 03:36 PM
Maybe the Australian AE86 scene is broken/poor, because it has something to do with the "average" income for for AE86 fans/owners.....
I am guessing that the fans start off as boys really wanting one, but move onto newer cars as they get older and their incomes get bigger as they get career jobs etc..... But then there are the others (majority), who have lower incomes, and spend their life with forever unfinished project like Richard has said. I am guessing this is a large part as to why most AE86 owners and their cars are like they are, as they are mostly owned by boys with dreams, but no money.....
Then there is the blokes who do have well paid jobs, and keep/stay with good and RUNNING AE86's in their adult lives instead of moving on to newer cars.... But we are the minority......

Not hanging shit on poor people, but I reckon this is pretty "on the money" (excuse the pun)..

This is it exactly I think as well, I am looking into another job soon after I get my license back in 2 weeks, then finish off this car (well get it running and looking good) and then just drive it and start saving for a house and stop spending money on cars.

willeE7
11th October 2012, 03:40 PM
You could call me a boy, and I might not have very much money but I still love my car and I'm going to continue to try and skid it. It doesn't have to look nice, it just has to drive. And it does. So I'm happy.

sundee
11th October 2012, 04:00 PM
It would t matter to me if I had a well paying job, it's about the car you have a passion for... The 86 draws a small minority out of us that says "I want it, I love it ( /will sometimes hate it) and that's it.
Kinda like your high school sweet heart....
Does the same thing, puts a smile on your dial, breaks your heart and leaves you with no change.
But funny how we all go back... Haha ( to the car that is)

Matt
11th October 2012, 04:23 PM
Though some become dirty nissan drivers...

Gunner
11th October 2012, 04:40 PM
And thats like realising you prefer the dick after that high school sweet heart isnt it joel?

meadan
11th October 2012, 04:50 PM
In other news, I should be finishing up at my current job the day before Raleigh. So Im super pumped now!

dbr11k
11th October 2012, 04:55 PM
Buys car to get to work, works to drive car.

I went to put tires I got for cheap on the new Silvia today.. Every single one had a slit in the side wall!! Ripped off hard. And by a well known guy too.

Gunner
11th October 2012, 04:59 PM
You can understand why someone slashed his tyres then ay...

maxhag
11th October 2012, 05:44 PM
I wasn't really talking about peoples passion, Passion is a personal thing, which I respect, it was more about the ablity to actually make shit work......

dbr11k
11th October 2012, 06:11 PM
Yep! Needs a bullet.

dbr11k
11th October 2012, 06:42 PM
Fuck it. Ill mention names. Aleksandar Kantarovski. Even his mates tell me he is know for ripping people off, he is on many black lists on many forums for it, with a lot of aliases.. Just be wary people.