PDA

View Full Version : twin rear caliper setup

DRFTR86
11th June 2009, 01:44 PM
just wondering for those who have done it, i need some pics to see how the mounts have been done, i have a r31 borgwarner diff and i intend to use twin VR rear calipers on each disc, ive rang around fabrication joints and such, but they charge a packet to do it.

so any pics would be great, see if i can go about this myself

if DRIFT PIG aka brendan reads this, how have you mounted the twin s13 rears on, if you have done it yet

cheers Rich.

focus_7
11th June 2009, 01:45 PM
Pretty sure Beau has a similar setup to what you're talking about.

Check the Hydraulic Handbrake topic in general discussion.

Delazy
11th June 2009, 01:49 PM
im planning to do this myself...

currently looking at either twin s13 or twin commodore calipers...

got a fair idea of how ill be doing it...but wont know til i get around with playing around with calipers/disks and mounting methods...

so keen to see wat goes in this...

DRFTR86
11th June 2009, 01:53 PM
will check out the hydro handbrake section, ive seen a pic of beaus setup but it was on the old forum, any others

sundee
11th June 2009, 06:46 PM
ive got a twin rear setup forsale if u want it... its off steroidchickens F series.. VR and R31 ... comes with brackets calpiers and rotors.

im going to be changing it to twin R32 skyline .. eventually once a few other bits are completed..

heres a tip once u have made the bracket.. mount up the disc and calipers .. hook up the brake lines, get somone to apply the pedal.. and wallah! instant perfect alignment.. while holding the pedal.. throw down some tack welds.. perfect.

Hen may possibly be a nut
11th June 2009, 07:13 PM
This is a sketch for twin R33 calipers onto (drum) F series diff. Gives an idea how it can be done.

Also to keep everything good with the bearings and axles we were planning on milling a few mm off the ends of the diff body, so we could use a thicker, stronger mount.

http://img142.imageshack.us/img142/7076/taragoftor33g.jpg

Hen

sundee
11th June 2009, 07:18 PM
nice hen!.. a mate is giving me AUto CAD and the manuals.. so hopefully i can work my way through it and come up with a drawing like that... i think R32 and 33 are same caliper on the rear.. or is that 32 GTR and 33 gtst?

Hen may possibly be a nut
11th June 2009, 08:32 PM
NFI. I drew that up at least a year ago when sitting with the bits in front of me (for Rallystanzas car).

From what I've heard, Autocad = gay. I use Solidworks at work, and it's very easy to get started, but you can also do anything with it too.

Hen

FAST EDDIE
11th June 2009, 09:27 PM
we welded the mounts onto my diff housing just used flat steel clamped the calipers onto the disc centred them and welded em on works mint

Mouwt
11th June 2009, 09:46 PM
Any pics Fast Eddie?

DRFTR86
11th June 2009, 11:49 PM
yes any pics eddie, that wat i was planing to do, straight onto the housing

Sam-Q
12th June 2009, 10:10 AM
I am only running one set of mounts but I also put the bracket straight onto the diff housing. Has worked for a few years now.

FAST EDDIE
12th June 2009, 07:45 PM
nar sorry man just imagine brackets in 10mm flat steel that bolt to calipers and then weld to the diff housing, we just winged it and it worked haha!!!

DRFTR86
12th June 2009, 07:47 PM
hahah so 10mm, mite have to try n wing it aswell, i will work it out with sam q....

cheers for the info guys

Mouwt
15th June 2009, 06:26 AM
No worries, sounds cool,

dr1ft-pig
15th June 2009, 10:35 AM
ive got a twin rear setup forsale if u want it... its off steroidchickens F series.. VR and R31 ... comes with brackets calpiers and rotors.

im going to be changing it to twin R32 skyline .. eventually once a few other bits are completed..

heres a tip once u have made the bracket.. mount up the disc and calipers .. hook up the brake lines, get somone to apply the pedal.. and wallah! instant perfect alignment.. while holding the pedal.. throw down some tack welds.. perfect.

how much u chasing???

i cant be fucked making brackets haha

sundee
15th June 2009, 11:15 AM
i dno man.. Pm me an offer.. its 2 x VR commo calipers 2 x R31 skyline calipers + 2 x R31 disc's + the brackets.
if your keen we can work something out

Simon-KE70
15th June 2009, 02:09 PM
its easy as.

I used KE70 front calipers for the hydro handbrake caliper and a bluebird calier for the brake caliper.

works a treat. i did it the same way that eddie said.