PDA

View Full Version : ke70 steering rack and sigma lca

kid redonkulous
30th August 2012, 04:15 PM
hey guys i put some sigma lca in my ke70. when i put my steering rackin its too short. do i need longer tie rods or longer rack ends to make it all work.

Delazy
30th August 2012, 04:20 PM
take the sigma lca's out and replace with corona lca's and it should be fine...sigma are basically useless without making the rest of the suspension work around them and still end up with a below par setup...

shift_rook
30th August 2012, 05:44 PM
It really is too excessive on the camber side. If you want to get around it RA40 Rack ends should be long enough.

kid redonkulous
30th August 2012, 06:13 PM
know of anyone that wants to get rid of some ra40 rack end

meadan
30th August 2012, 06:55 PM
repco sell them new for like 20 bucks each. No point buying them second hand...

Matt
30th August 2012, 07:03 PM
ajps can also supply them.... I like using him as you are guarenteed to get the right parts..

timbo
30th August 2012, 07:55 PM
Just go to Bursons, ask for RA40 rack ends and win. Don't Sigma lca's create other problems like ball joint tapper?

kid redonkulous
30th August 2012, 09:56 PM
I'm not sure. Can anyone else answer that.

meadan
30th August 2012, 10:06 PM
pretty sure you can put the toyota ball joints in them

timbo
30th August 2012, 10:35 PM
Just find some XT130 lca's, cheap though, not the price they go for on here! They'll be much less of a stuff around.

Futo_gt86
3rd September 2012, 01:57 PM
I don't see what so excessive?
GE sigma's with camber dialed out, its the extra front track that your after.
http://www.ae86drivingclub.com.au/dcimages/7/7/7/6/397500.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/207/sigmasn.jpg/)
The tapper is not exact, but very close.
Slydar will vouch his street driven KE70 and AE86 using Sigma's, proven set up no drama's, and both driven pretty hard!
If they are the GE-GH arm's, just get the RA40 Rack ends as stated above.

lolwat
3rd September 2012, 02:47 PM
i used ra40 rack ends lock spacer and ke70 tierods but im going to get ajps's setup due to there not being a lot of thread being in the tierods
i pushed tops out and ended up with neg 4 as i had to push one camber top in so it matched other sode, but im certain i need to loosen and play with x member
but i will probs keep -3 or so anyway

Futo_gt86
3rd September 2012, 05:07 PM
i used ra40 rack ends lock spacer and ke70 tierods but im going to get ajps's setup due to there not being a lot of thread being in the tierods
i pushed tops out and ended up with neg 4 as i had to push one camber top in so it matched other sode, but im certain i need to loosen and play with x member
but i will probs keep -3 or so anyway

What model sigma's are yours? There are 2 different types.

I saw this on Trikzlane's part out thread. He's used R31 tie rods on stock KE70 rack ends with custom length arms.
There freaking long, but not sure what knuckles he had, I think they may have been custom also.
http://i441.photobucket.com/albums/qq136/trikzlanemgd/IMAG0527.jpg
They look like they would work, as long as the tie rod end hole for the knuckle is the same diameter.
I was thinking of doing this.

EDIT: R31 not R33 typo

lolwat
3rd September 2012, 07:33 PM
no idea, there fucking long, and quite big, had issues getting bushes and feral tubes for them

Futo_gt86
4th September 2012, 07:18 AM
Is the ball joint press fit or bolt in?

lolwat
4th September 2012, 10:06 PM
press, if you can tell me what model there from ill redo buches as there dodgy as fuck, when i pull them out to trim them(they hit Xmember when they droop)

Futo_gt86
4th September 2012, 10:27 PM
press, if you can tell me what model there from ill redo buches as there dodgy as fuck, when i pull them out to trim them(they hit Xmember when they droop)

Are the bushes press fit also?
Should be GE or GH
GE Sigma have 2 different type bushes, push in, and press fit.
Push in type no good for Corolla, could make it work, but too much hassle.
The GE press fit are same as GH, so could be either.
Just to be sure shoot me a picture when you pull them out.

Genuine Mitsubishi don't sell the rubber any more.
Superpro do a replacement bush, but need the steel shell from your old ones.
Nolathane do a full replacement, available through repco part number 45278
Cost me $44 on works trade account couple of months ago.
You will have to modify them to make them fit obviously =- need to be trimmed down on the tubes and bush itself.
SamQ on here offered to do mine for not a lot, or local machine/engineering shop could do it.
Yeah, and a quick touch up on the inner end with the grinder so they don't hit Xmember.

lolwat
4th September 2012, 10:37 PM
arrrrrrrrrrrrr, thats why, well there a tappered bush like this |><| ended up cutting it in half, after raging at it

oks had a look at that part number, mine are the other type, no way you could press it in as its tappered

lolwat
4th September 2012, 10:41 PM
http://www.nolathane.com.au/product_detail.php?part_number=45056

ones to suit mine, BUT superpro makes them in 1 peice(eg an absolute c u next tuesday to get in) so i cut them so there like the nolathane ones

kid redonkulous
14th September 2012, 04:19 PM
I got ra60 rack ends Off a mates wreck but there not long enough. R ra40 rack ends longer.

shift_rook
14th September 2012, 09:11 PM
http://i237.photobucket.com/albums/ff30/jebus_realdeal/DSC00702.jpg

That's an RA60 end.

kid redonkulous
15th September 2012, 07:11 AM
Yeah I've got some ra60 rack ends just wanting to know if ra40's r longer. When I linement the wheels there I not enough thread going into the tie rod with the ra60's.

shift_rook
15th September 2012, 10:30 AM
They're the same length.... How many threads are left? something i did was space out my actual rack ends with brass washers to get that little extra bit of thread, was just doing as a precaution though. If you've only got one thread you may need something like AW11 (haven't used these myself but have heard they're longer again. Call up bursons and they should be able to tell you lengths.

lolwat
16th September 2012, 09:18 PM
i have like 8-10 mm of thread in, not really happy with it, going to try ra60(already have in) rackends and R31 tierods

kid redonkulous
18th September 2012, 06:56 AM
Yeah I also have about 10mm thread in. I personal don't think that wil be enough.

shift_rook
18th September 2012, 11:32 AM
Put 4mm or so of washers behind the rack ends. What i did :)

lolwat
19th September 2012, 09:57 PM
well i have that and its not even an aggressive wheel alignment and caster isnt anywhere i want it, so ill try the R31 tierods for the sake of 30 bucks
ill probs do that also chris hahahha