PDA

View Full Version : 15/16th Master Cylinder to ADM Booster

wideslider
14th September 2012, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys,

I know this has been covered in various threads but am struggling to find any consistency in the information.

I have an ADM Booster and want to go to a 15/16 or 1 inch bore MS and want to know my options.

The Nissan BM44 appears to be the easiest solution due to the built in bias valve but what is the difference between the ABS and non ABS models?

Also where can I buy a new Booster and Master from thats well priced?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

johl
14th September 2012, 02:54 PM
the difference is i believe the abs model has an extra outlet on the master for another brake line. i bought my r32 non abs master and booster together from jdm garage for $100. with a slight massage the booster fits fine

_sawyer_
14th September 2012, 06:36 PM
Hey mate, Im running a s14 abs bm44 M/C on an ae86 with drum brake rears and hilux disc fronts.
It fits up great and you will only have to make two new lines being a twin outlet and using the stock brake line manifold thing that splits the front into two lines.
As far as the operation tho, I am having trouble bleeding the system, but im hoping its due to the brakes lines sitting around off the car dry as a bone for a year.
So having said that is not very useful info but if you decide to use it, J.A.K motorsport in campelfield victoria sell them for $50 pick up

Cerby86
15th September 2012, 09:02 PM
Im running a pajero mastercylinder with rx7 calipers and t18 drums, works perfectly, bolts up nicely. Only issue I found is that the 2 ports have a different flare on them, So one works with your standard line the other line needs the end changing

wideslider
16th September 2012, 10:30 AM
How did you change the end? Re flare it or step the line up to a different size?

Thanks everyone for the input

maxhag
17th September 2012, 03:45 AM
I have used the R32 NON ABS Master cyl in 2 of my 86's. Cheap, direct fit, Has a good pedal feel with various brake setups...

Cerby86
18th September 2012, 04:08 PM
How did you change the end? Re flare it or step the line up to a different size?

Thanks everyone for the input

I took out the shortest line and took it and the paj mc in to my local abs and said can I get this end changed to suit this and this end keep the same. It took a couple of tries cos my local store is a bit retarded but got it in the end!!!